Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Annual Site Wide Mock

(03-22-2018, 11:37 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Maybe instead of doing it by division we could each choose 2 or 3 teams that are picking after each other. That way more people can get involved and hopefully it will move a bit faster.

That was my plan so more people can play if we have enough people.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 12:43 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

I'll take a team, teams, division or whatever. Whichever or whatever you want to give me.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 12:52 PM by JagJohn.)

(03-22-2018, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 11:37 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Maybe instead of doing it by division we could each choose 2 or 3 teams that are picking after each other. That way more people can get involved and hopefully it will move a bit faster.

That was my plan so more people can play if we have enough people.

You can be the boss and manage this beast. Maybe set a deadline to start and divide the teams up then? How about 4pm eastern today?

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 01:32 PM by RicoTx.)

Don't let Jungle Cat in.  He ruined it the last time.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-22-2018, 01:30 PM)Rico Wrote: Don't let Jungle Cat in.  He ruined it the last time.

Was thinking the same.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Be home in a few hours and I can set it up

@Jaguars should shut this site down.
http://www.duvalpride.com 

These are
#DTWD fans?

------------------------
Rico
Don't let Jungle Cat in.  He ruined it the last time.

knarnn
Was thinking the same.
------------
They never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games...either!

[Image: DY6yTfrUQAAU46S.jpg]

(03-22-2018, 04:17 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: @Jaguars should shut this site down. 

LOL

Someone should shut down this site because you ruined last year's site-wide mock?  

I don't get it.  
Simply not allowing you to participate in a board-member mock draft seems like a waaaayyyyy simpler solution.

We haven't even started the mock yet and he's half way to ruining it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I’m in.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 04:43 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-22-2018, 04:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 04:17 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: @Jaguars should shut this site down. 

LOL

Someone should shut down this site because you ruined last year's site-wide mock?  

I don't get it.  
Simply not allowing you to participate in a board-member mock draft seems like a waaaayyyyy simpler solution.

Poor Jungle Cat. Poor, poor Jungle Cat. Look at how you treat him. (me) Are you psychotic inmates or just L-O-S-E-R-S?

LOL

I don't get it.  

Absolutely. You are a bunch of bush-whackers ambushing me. Do us all a favor and GROW UP!

LOL

I don't get it.  
Last year? You in some kind of a Dion Jordan - Jarvis Jones time warp, old pal?

(03-22-2018, 04:48 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 04:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

I don't get it.  
Last year? You in some kind of a Dion Jordan - Jarvis Jones time warp, old pal?
Sorry, which year was it exactly that you took it upon yourself to draft 5 tackles for one team?  I forgot.

Lol

Spacecoast
JW
JungleCat

It’s only a matter of time JC.

(03-22-2018, 04:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 04:48 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Last year? You in some kind of a Dion Jordan - Jarvis Jones time warp, old pal?
Sorry, which year was it exactly that you took it upon yourself to draft 5 tackles for one team?  I forgot.

Was 2013 I think

(03-22-2018, 04:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 04:48 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Last year? You in some kind of a Dion Jordan - Jarvis Jones time warp, old pal?

Wrong. You claimed taking the best player available regardless of position would result in five offensive tackles being selected by one team in one draft. That's not how normal people think. People with normal intelligence understand that BAPRP has flexibility relating to "clusters" of players at different positions earning the same draft scouting grade.

You don't draft five OT in the same draft with BAPRP for that reason.

By the same token, why would you NOT want your entire offensive line built like Tony Boselli and arguably as talented if not MORE talent than he?

2014 cause he drafted Rasheede Hagman lol

I'm 10000000% down

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 08:35 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-22-2018, 05:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2014 cause he drafted Rasheede Hagman lol

I drafted him much later than you might suppose and NOT unreasonably slotted to a draft position NFL scouts valued him. If I recall it well, the ENTIRE mock draft GMship colluded against me. They openly begged for those drafting higher than the Jaguars to take Texas A&M OT, Jake Matthews so that I couldn't make him a Jaguar. 

Ra'Shede Hageman was part of the defensive line mix. He played a part in the Falcons' 2016 SUPER BOWL appearance. He had two tackles in the over-time game v. New England. No Jaguars' defensive player has ever reached the SUPER BOWL.

In his first NFL season, Jake Matthews, suffered a high ankle sprain. Instead of being placed on the IR or missing weeks and weeks of football, Jake started all, but one game in 2014. For this true grit effort he was rated the worst offensive tackle by Pro Football Focus, whatever that is.

In one of life's unfortunate twists, Hageman lost his mind and was arrested on domestic abuse charges. As a result, Hageman was placed on the commissioner's exempt list. The Falcons released Hageman in September of last year.

The Falcons actually drafted Matthew (1-6) and Hageman (2-37) in rounds one and two respectively.  I was also very high on former FSU RB, Devonta Freeman prior to the draft. 

But about hindsight...I knew the Jaguars defensive line was going to be awful in 2014. 

Here's the 2013 Jaguars' defensive line roster.

Tyson Alualu
Jason Babin
Andre Branch
Ryan Davis
Brandon Deadrick
Abry Jones
Kyle Love
Sen'Derrick Marks
Jordan Miller
Roy Miller
Jeremy Mincey
Drake Nevis

Here is the 2014 Jaguars' defensive line roster.

Tyson Alualu
Andre Branch
Red Bryant
Chris Clemmons
Ryan Davis
Ziggy Hood
Abry Jones
Sen'Derrick Marks
Roy Miller
Chris Smith

In a somewhat ironic twist related to the mock draft of 2014, ANOTHER Jungle Cat draft pick, South Carolina defensive lineman, Kelcy Quarles, finished his NFL career with one (1) sack. His one sack came as a member of the Indianapolis Colts during the "usual" 44-17 undressing of the Jaguars.

Yeah, yeah, and yeah. Caldwell screwed up so bad, he has lost control of personnel decisions. Yet all he is doing since 2015?

Dante Fowler? Malik Jackson? Calais Campbell? Yannick Ngakoue?

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 07:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

So we have

1. CSTblank
2. Jags02
3. JaguarKick
4. TheO-LineMatters
5. flgatorsandjags
6. knarnn
7. JNev
8. JackCity
9. JagFanatic24
10. JagJohn
11. Cleatwood
12. jjah34
13. ColoJag
14. NYC4jags
15. JUNGLE CAT 2017
16. Upper
Everyone picks 2 teams, If no pick is made within the 6 hours we can all vote on the pick and the first prospect that gets 2 votes will be the pick. If your pick is in the middle of the night that wont count for your 6 hours. Lets try to move fast though and dont take up the whole 6 hours. We want to try and keep this thing moving. You guys good with this? NO TRADES