Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Annual Site Wide Mock

ATL needs a feee safety if there's a good one left

I'm working and won't have time tonight if you guys want to vote

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jeremy Reaves fits the bill. He's like Byard/Amos.

(04-14-2018, 07:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jeremy Reaves fits the bill. He's like Byard/Amos.

MJ Stewart should be able to start immediately either in the nickel or at FS. I have my eye on him now for the Jaguars coming up.
'02

(04-14-2018, 10:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 07:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jeremy Reaves fits the bill. He's like Byard/Amos.

MJ Stewart should be able to start immediately either in the nickel or at FS. I have my eye on him now for the Jaguars coming up.

I don't think he'd start at FS immediately. We don't have much tape of him doing it. At nickel 100% , love him for the jags there.

(04-14-2018, 10:42 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 10:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote: MJ Stewart should be able to start immediately either in the nickel or at FS. I have my eye on him now for the Jaguars coming up.

I don't think he'd start at FS immediately. We don't have much tape of him doing it. At nickel 100% , love him for the jags there.

Makes sense. I'm also noticing some highly ranked FSs still on the board and am working on a FS ranking for the pick.
'02

Reaves is striking me as an option for the Jaguars late 6th round pick. I'm seeing several FS that better fit the late 3rd round including MJ. 
'02

(04-14-2018, 11:09 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Reaves is striking me as an option for the Jaguars late 6th round pick. I'm seeing several FS that better fit the late 3rd round including MJ. 

Naw he's legit one of the best safeties this year.
MJ has probably played a total of 20 snaps at FS. If you are playing him at S it's more of a box safety anyway.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018, 11:38 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

He's a pure Strong Safety though. Atlanta has a really good Strong Safety in Keanu Neal. A center fielding free safety is what they need. Personally, I don't see a free safety left that I would rank this high.

After quite a bit of research, the pick has become obvious...

DeShaun Elliot

After him I'd say Terrell Edmunds as a pure FS, but there's a gap between him and Elliot who can play both S spots. Reaves is a decent FS where I can see him fit the role better than MJ, but he's still a better fit in the late 4th. 

(04-14-2018, 11:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

He's a pure Strong Safety though. Atlanta has a really good Strong Safety in Keanu Neal. A center fielding free safety is what they need. Personally, I don't see a free safety left that I would rank this high.

Reaves moved from CB to S so I wouldn't say he's strictly a SS. That said, most of the top ranked S are. I'm looking at Kyzer White, Quinn Blanding, Jordan Whitehead, Marcus Allen and Armani Watt all being SSs.

'02

(04-14-2018, 11:46 PM)Jags02 Wrote: After quite a bit of research, the pick has become obvious...

DeShaun Elliot

After him I'd say Terrell Edmunds as a pure FS, but there's a gap between him and Elliot who can play both S spots. Reaves is a decent FS where I can see him fit the role better than MJ, but he's still a better fit in the late 4th. 

(04-14-2018, 11:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's a pure Strong Safety though. Atlanta has a really good Strong Safety in Keanu Neal. A center fielding free safety is what they need. Personally, I don't see a free safety left that I would rank this high.

Reaves moved from CB to S so I wouldn't say he's strictly a SS. That said, most of the top ranked S are. I'm looking at Kyzer White, Quinn Blanding, Jordan Whitehead, Marcus Allen and Armani Watt all being SSs.

Personally, I'm much higher on Deshon Elliott than most people. Realistically, I doubt he goes this high, but I would have no problem with him going here. I've seen him listed as a Strong Safety, but when I watched him play at Texas, I saw a ballhawking FS that will take some gambles. I like that. 

Reaves is an extremely hard hitter and in my mind, those are pure traits of a Strong Safety, but everyone evaluates differently. I have White as a pure Strong Safety, but I think the other guys have the flexibility to play either Safety position.

(04-14-2018, 11:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Nope. Played played both roles and is a former cornerback.  Spent a fair amount of time covering deep middle for South Alabama. Great in run support and fluid in coverage.

He has a very similar style to Adrian Amos and Byard (just not near as good as playmaking.)

(04-14-2018, 11:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 11:46 PM)Jags02 Wrote: After quite a bit of research, the pick has become obvious...

DeShaun Elliot

Personally, I'm much higher on Deshon Elliott than most people. Realistically, I doubt he goes this high, but I would have no problem with him going here. I've seen him listed as a Strong Safety, but when I watched him play at Texas, I saw a ballhawking FS that will take some gambles. I like that. 

Reaves is an extremely hard hitter and in my mind, those are pure traits of a Strong Safety, but everyone evaluates differently. I have White as a pure Strong Safety, but I think the other guys have the flexibility to play either Safety position.

Most of those other guys should be a SS at the next level. Watt plays near the line of scrimmage and is practically a LB. Edmunds, however, can flip easily to either spot, and everyone has him as a top three remaining S at this point. The other guys are up and down in the rankings.

'02

(04-15-2018, 12:02 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 11:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's a pure Strong Safety though. Atlanta has a really good Strong Safety in Keanu Neal. A center fielding free safety is what they need. Personally, I don't see a free safety left that I would rank this high.

Nope. Played played both roles and is a former cornerback.  Spent a fair amount of time covering deep middle for South Alabama. Great in run support and fluid in coverage.

He has a very similar style to Adrian Amos and Byard (just not near as good as playmaking.)

Amos is a Strong Safety.

The Falcons select Tavarious Moore - FS - Southern Miss.

Saints are on the clock

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2018, 01:51 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-15-2018, 01:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The Falcons select Tavarious Moore - FS - Southern Miss.

Saints are on the clock

In my opinion, an excellent choice. Maybe a tad high, but I believe he's gonna be a very good pro.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2018, 02:50 AM by JackCity.)

(04-15-2018, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 12:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Nope. Played played both roles and is a former cornerback.  Spent a fair amount of time covering deep middle for South Alabama. Great in run support and fluid in coverage.

Amos is a Strong Safety. 
Fangio plays dual roles. Amos and Eddie played both spots throughout the season. Amos played a good amount of deep middle, along with being in the box.
In college he played free+ nickel and a small bit of box.

Reaves is a guy who also played dual roles in college and projects well at both spots in the NFL. With how the NFL is now the difference between free and strong is very overstated. Although the falcons do use a true free safety so probably better to get the right fit.

(04-15-2018, 02:42 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Amos is a Strong Safety. 
Fangio plays dual roles. Amos and Eddie played both spots throughout the season. Amos played a good amount of deep middle, along with being in the box.

Reaves is a guy who also played dual roles in college and projects well at both spots in the NFL. With how the NFL is now the difference between free and strong is very overstated. Although the falcons do use a true free safety so probably better to get the right fit.

Dual role or not, this isn't college anymore. Reaves poor speed wouldn't concern you in coverage? Byard ran a 4.44/40 and Amos ran an even faster 4.37/40 those guys were extremely athletic. Reaves ran a much slower 4.66/40 at his pro day. To me, that mixed with his ability to knock out opposing ball carriers, screams Strong Safety.

Saints are on the clock.
'02

Saints take a guy the Jags have brought in an are interest in, Ohio St, LB, Jerome Baker

(04-15-2018, 03:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 02:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: Fangio plays dual roles. Amos and Eddie played both spots throughout the season. Amos played a good amount of deep middle, along with being in the box.

Dual role or not, this isn't college anymore. Reaves poor speed wouldn't concern you in coverage? Byard ran a 4.44/40 and Amos ran an even faster 4.37/40 those guys were extremely athletic. Reaves ran a much slower 4.66/40 at his pro day. To me, that mixed with his ability to knock out opposing ball carriers, screams Strong Safety.

Dual roles is what most of the NFL plays now so the positions are less pronounced.  Experience at both spots in college helps.  

Actually just saw his results now. Yeah that wouldn't fill me with hope that he'll have the range for single high but fine with him in 2 high playing dual roles. As said above with falcons playing more single high than most you guys are right that he would be less of a fit.