Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Show of hands

Quote:Does anybody think we beat Tennessee this Thursday?

Yes. 

Because this team exists to crush our hopes.  And right now we have no hope.  So they will win to give our hope back to us, and then they will crush it again the following week.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:FWIW Gus Bradley is undefeated in primetime.

......so far...... :whistling:  :whistling:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

How's this for a cynical answer?

At this point...I don't even care.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We have a 100% record in the gold jerseys.

Just saying.

Quote:How's this for a cynical answer?

Man. That's so true.

Quote:Yes. Every time it seems as though Gus is 60 minutes away from the unemployment line, he manages to pull out an ugly, tight win that prompts the team to keep him around. I expect no less this week in the NFL Network's annual "We're sorry we have to show you this" Bowl.

The decision will be made at the end of the year - based on how the Jags finish this season. My thinking is, if he beats the Titans, the team still has a ceiling of six wins this year.  That won't be enough to save Gus's job.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 10:13 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:How's this for a cynical answer?

Yesterday, at 5:00 in the afternoon, I announced to all my friends that I was done with the Jaguars.  I was giving up.  And yet today, here I am again on this message board talking about the Jaguars.  I've never been divorced, but I imagine this is what it must feel like: just having your insides slowly ripped out of you, and being unable to give up hope that things will miraculously turn around. 

Quote:Does anybody think we beat Tennessee this Thursday?

Not with a poorly performing Qb. The tacks have the ability to keep our defense on the field to wear them down
Formerly known as The Real Joker

Quote:Yesterday, at 5:00 in the afternoon, I announced to all my friends that I was done with the Jaguars.  I was giving up.  And yet today, here I am again on this message board talking about the Jaguars.  I've never been divorced, but I imagine this is what it must feel like: just having your insides slowly ripped out of you, and being unable to give up hope that things will miraculously turn around. 
I kind of feel like a masochist or a glutton for punishment.

Picture Bill Murray in Little Shop of Horrors to see a Jaguars fan who keeps coming back for more despite the spectacular pain that awaits him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yes.

Because this team exists to crush our hopes. And right now we have no hope. So they will win to give our hope back to us, and then they will crush it again the following week.

Marty speaking from Brit's head
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I kind of feel like a masochist or a glutton for punishment.

Picture Bill Murray in Little Shop of Horrors to see a Jaguars fan who keeps coming back for more despite the spectacular pain that awaits him.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/1513920679/1473963778/ipad_retina'>https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/1513920679/1473963778/ipad_retina</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We're gonna lose.

Quote:We have a 100% record in the gold jerseys.

Just saying.

Not even the magic of the R. Kelly unis can save our ship. The iceberg has been hit and we are taking on water. Women and children first.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Not even the magic of the R. Kelly unis can save our ship. The iceberg has been hit and we are taking on water. Women and children first.

At least it'll still be a .500 record with a loss.. Every cloud....

Honestly, no. But I think they'll pull out a win; just to extend the life of the coaches this year. When we really need change, the every so often win against lackluster opponents will delay the inevitable. Olson (at the very least) has got to go this week; but it won't happen.........

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Not even the magic of the R. Kelly unis
I c wat u did thar

We do have what it takes to beat the Tacks. But the reality is totally different...

Lol nope. Tennessee can actually run the ball. We can't. Mariota is an NFL QB. Bortles is not. Mike Mularkey is hands down a better coach than Bobblehead Gus.

We are gonna get embarrassed on national TV on Thursday night.

35-10 tacks.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Not even the magic of the R. Kelly unis can save our ship. The iceberg has been hit and we are taking on water. Women and children first.

Thank god it's a law that the captain (Gus) must stay on the ship until everyone is off, and if not must sink with the ship. Unless he is a coward like that Italian cruise captain. Anyways let's leave the rest of the coaching crew to go down him!

As for this Thursday, man no idea. The team that played on Sunday was the most embarrassing group. In the postgame interview it looked as if Marcedes had been crying. Poz was disgusted, couldn't believe he is a part of this. Attitude reflects leadership and the head leader Gus is a dope and it trickles down. The quarterback says ummm after every word and is brain dead when it comes to reads. This defense is actually pretty good, we all see it. Blake is the problem and will be again on Thursday. Mularkey is licking his chops right now to lay it on the Jags.

Yup I think we win.