Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FIFA World Cup 2018

Groups C,D, and H will have some really fun games!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone know of a good website to do a World Cup pick em, or fantasy style game? Yahoo not offering anything.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(06-11-2018, 10:38 AM)TravC59 Wrote: Anyone know of a good website to do a World Cup pick em, or fantasy style game? Yahoo not offering anything.

fan duel ahs a free one. you pick winners and scores.

I don't think may brackets have popped up yet because they are not in knock out stage yet, they are still in group so it isn't really a bracket set up.

(06-11-2018, 10:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 10:38 AM)TravC59 Wrote: Anyone know of a good website to do a World Cup pick em, or fantasy style game? Yahoo not offering anything.

fan duel ahs a free one. you pick winners and scores.

I don't think may brackets have popped up yet because they are not in knock out stage yet, they are still in group so it isn't really a bracket set up.

Yea, I was hoping there was one out there you could at least pick the top two from each pool that would move on.
;

(06-11-2018, 02:46 PM)TravC59 Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 10:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: fan duel ahs a free one. you pick winners and scores.

Yea, I was hoping there was one out there you could at least pick the top two from each pool that would move on.

https://www.sofascore.com/world-cup/

Is this any good?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 12:11 PM by JagsorDie.)

(06-11-2018, 02:46 PM)TravC59 Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 10:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: fan duel ahs a free one. you pick winners and scores.

A-  Uruguay and Egypt
B-  Spain and Portugual.
C- France and Denmark(I really don't know on this one)
D- Argentina and Croatia
E- Brazil and Serbia
F- Germany and Sweeden
G- England and Belgium
H- Poland and Columbia 

That is just what i would pick. This is a werid one with teams like Italy, the Netherlands, and The US not in the groups.

ESPN has a match prediction game

That's it.. the first game is in the books:

Russia 5-0 Saudi Arabia.

Russia ain't playing around

(06-14-2018, 01:17 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Russia ain't playing around

Host nation.. I expect them to get out of the group stage but then massively crumble..

Whether they win or come second in the group they'd have to play Spain or Portugal (you'd imagine them both to go through, regardless of what's going on with Spain at the moment).

For the record, I am going with Brazil to win it all.
;

(06-14-2018, 01:24 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 01:17 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Russia ain't playing around

Host nation.. I expect them to get out of the group stage but then massively crumble..

Whether they win or come second in the group they'd have to play Spain or Portugal (you'd imagine them both to go through, regardless of what's going on with Spain at the moment).

So I'm assuming you're having them beating Salah or drawing and advancing on GD?

(06-14-2018, 05:38 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 01:24 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Host nation.. I expect them to get out of the group stage but then massively crumble..

So I'm assuming you're having them beating Salah or drawing and advancing on GD?

I think Uruguay and Egypt should beat Saudi Arabia too, so goal difference may well be a decider.

I wouldn’t like to pick the two teams to come out of that group, but it would be unusual for the host nation not to make it out of the group stage. Home advantage usually counts for something.

Spain v port ... who ya got??

I'll take Spain

(06-14-2018, 05:38 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 01:24 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Host nation.. I expect them to get out of the group stage but then massively crumble..

Yeah I'd say so. Salah isn't the whole team, he can't do it alone. I'd say Uruguay and Russia get out of the group stages. Egypt are pretty poor apart from Salah.. they would have to feed him for him to score. Russia have home advantage. Should be good enough.

Day two is in the books:

Uruguay 1-0 Egypt
Morocco 0-1 Iran
Spain 3-3 Portugal

Day three should be interesting. I don't get all the hype around Iceland and Argentina(mainly because i haven't looked into it at all.) and Croatia v Nigeria should be relatively eventful.

Ronaldo was being Ronaldo on day two. Hitting a hat trick. i didn't get to watch the game but i have it on demand so ill go back and watch it.

(06-16-2018, 01:05 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Day three should be interesting. I don't get all the hype around Iceland and Argentina(mainly because i haven't looked into it at all.) and Croatia v Nigeria should be relatively eventful.

Ronaldo was being Ronaldo on day two. Hitting a hat trick. i didn't get to watch the game but i have it on demand so ill go back and watch it.

It really was an excellent game.

Argentina v Iceland is hyped because of Messi, no doubt.

(06-16-2018, 01:11 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 01:05 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Day three should be interesting. I don't get all the hype around Iceland and Argentina(mainly because i haven't looked into it at all.) and Croatia v Nigeria should be relatively eventful.

It really was an excellent game.

Argentina v Iceland is hyped because of Messi, no doubt.

I get that but i was reading somewhere that messi is going to have to tune out a lot of the noise from the Iceland crowd or some crap. I didn't think Iceland was that big of a deal. I like Argentina but not really because of messi. I like Dybala personally, home boy balled out this year(and was pretty freaking awesome to play in fifa as well). I enjoy watching HIGUAÍN play as well because he is sort of fat and makes me feel like i can still tap in my highschool days and get out there and do it LMBO. I also really like Aguero even though he never seems to show up on the int stage and he plays for the manics. 

That country puts out so many ST's that guys like Icardi can't make the squad lol.
Honestly, it is a pretty stacked up squad. didn't even mention Di maria or otamendi. I know they will make a deep run but i wouldn't be shocked if they shoot for it all.

I like Brazil and all i just have a little bit of trouble buying into them after what happen in 2014.  Those boys got slap owned at home.

Iceland are still popular for the way they performed at Euro 16 and for their fans and I guess people are hoping they can pull off a few more shocks.

It’s hard to see them beating Argentina, but then this is a side which only just qualified, so they’re not invincible...