Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FIFA World Cup 2018

Gareth Southgate getting a lot of praise at the moment...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44715244

And these are funny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44718387

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's Brazil v Belgium tomorrow and I really hope Belgium grinds Brazil into the dirt. I'm sick and tired of seeing Neymar act like a spoiled little brat each time he blatantly takes a dive and doesn't get a call.

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 05:35 PM by CAPTAIN.)

(07-02-2018, 04:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 01:29 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You would have said that about Spain and Russia but I wouldn’t.

Also, that has little bearing on the BRA-MEX game. 

Adiós, México. Didn’t have enough juice left.
You called Russia beating Spain? I'm sure

And no [BLEEP] it didn't have any bearing, it was a simple reference to the fact one is highly ranked in world football and the other is not. 

Mexico gave them a hell of a game, and Brazil flopped around as usual. Typical [BLEEP] South American ball. Screaming while rolling around grimacing as much as possible while wasting 15 min. 

The better team won I have no problem saying that. I just don't have a lot of respect for some of their antics. I will also say their defensive scheme was flawless and really played well. They Suffocated el tri in the second half.

You don’t know South American football if you typify it as flopping.

(07-05-2018, 05:09 PM)DragonFury Wrote: It's Brazil v Belgium tomorrow and I really hope Belgium grinds Brazil into the dirt. I'm sick and tired of seeing Neymar act like a spoiled little brat each time he blatantly takes a dive and doesn't get a call.

Belgium almost lost to Japan.

Belgium cannot get a two goal deficit versus Brazil or you’ll be seeing a lot more of Neymar in this tournament.

(07-05-2018, 05:29 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 04:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: You called Russia beating Spain? I'm sure

And no [BLEEP] it didn't have any bearing, it was a simple reference to the fact one is highly ranked in world football and the other is not. 

Mexico gave them a hell of a game, and Brazil flopped around as usual. Typical [BLEEP] South American ball. Screaming while rolling around grimacing as much as possible while wasting 15 min. 

The better team won I have no problem saying that. I just don't have a lot of respect for some of their antics. I will also say their defensive scheme was flawless and really played well. They Suffocated el tri in the second half.

(07-05-2018, 05:09 PM)DragonFury Wrote: It's Brazil v Belgium tomorrow and I really hope Belgium grinds Brazil into the dirt. I'm sick and tired of seeing Neymar act like a spoiled little brat each time he blatantly takes a dive and doesn't get a call.

Belgium cannot get a two goal deficit versus Brazil or you’ll be seeing a lot more of Neymar in this tournament.

Brazil couldn't beat Switzerland and barely beat Costa Rica. Four years ago Germany barely beat Algeria in the round of 16 and went on to win the tournament. Previous matches are of little effect on current matches.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 11:03 AM by JagsorDie.)

(07-02-2018, 04:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: You called Russia beating Spain? I'm sure

Please elaborate on what I do or do not know.

This guy.. full of [BLEEP].

Belgium beat Brazil and look good enough to actually win the whole damn thing.

France versus Belgium - probably the two best teams in this tournament and it would have been a worthy final.

Brazil vs Belgium wasn’t too bad either though!

We’ve seen a lot of negative games in this World Cup and others in the knockout stages, so it’s great to see two sides really go at each other like that.

Not holding out as much hope for the two games tomorrow, but if it ends with England in the semi final I probably won’t care.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 06:36 AM by JagsorDie.)

(07-06-2018, 04:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Belgium beat Brazil and look good enough to actually win the whole damn thing.

Well you got your wish. Brazil is out. I personally would like to see Belgium win the whole thing because they have quite a few Chelsea players. But i think England and Belgium,with both teams fighting with all their actual starting line ups(unlike the group stage match),would be an amazing match . France and Belgium will be a hell of a game.

Tomorrow I'm taking England and Croatia which i also think will be a huge game for the semi's. I think England matched up well with Croatia so i am interested to see if those two make is through.

England beats Sweden and without every seeming to be in any kind of trouble doing it. They should be able to beat whoever advances from the Russia v Croatia match later tonight.

Sweden didn’t put up much of a fight and were a very limited side.

Croatia will have more of a threat. And Russia would be a lot more driven, playing in front of their home crowd.

But England just look so comfortable and confident, I’m daring to believe we’ll make it to the final (where we will lose of course).

(07-06-2018, 11:03 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 05:29 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You don’t know South American football if you typify it as flopping.

(07-05-2018, 05:29 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You don’t know South American football if you typify it as flopping.

Why are you cursing so much?

Is it because you don’t know [BLEEP] so you are getting upset?

I’m still trying to figure out what formation England is dispatching.

On another note, Raheem Sterling is awful.

(07-07-2018, 03:07 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: I’m still trying to figure out what formation England is dispatching.

On another note, Raheem Sterling is awful.

5 1 3 1. With Henderson the holding midfielder and the other three supporting Kane.

And you’re half right about Sterling - his finishing is awful.

But his pace and ability to run at the opposition has made a massive difference in the games against Columbia and Sweden.

Personally, I think Raheem Sterling had an excellent game on Saturday (finishing aside). His movement off the ball creates so many issues for opposing teams. I wish he was better with his final ball but that's something that we have to live with. Having said that, I think it's a systemic 'issue' - he scored a lot of goals in the Premier League for Manchester City last season, so we know he has finishing in his arsenal.

I think England will have to remain unchanged against Croatia. The formation is working and the players are soaring with confidence. My only 'slight' issue is that Harry Kane is playing too deep, more of an attacking midfielder than a centre forward.

Also, I see the only doubt is Jordan Henderson nursing a knock.. you can bet your backside he'll be fighting for fitness though. He gets a lot of criticism - personally I thought he was excellent against Sweden.

This whole England squad is playing well, the Croats will not be easy to beat but I think the only place to worry about would be their midfield. I think we have enough all round to beat them (just).

Special mention to Jordan Pickford. Gareth Southgate received a lot of criticism for picking him, what a decision that's turned out to be. He's played fantastically well when called upon. Some unbelievable saves over the tournament.

Lastly, people writing England off before reaching the final. It's a one off game with everything on the line, I don't think it's so black and white. England haven't had to really turn it on all too much.. I think IF we reach the final, we CAN win it.. I'm not saying we WILL, but I know that we CAN.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

If England wants to beat teams that's actually are good, not Sweden or Colombia(without James), Kane needs to play better. People are giving Sterling alot of flack but hes getting in the positions to score, kane hasn't dominated the last 2 games and to beat France or Belgium he needs to.

Also I'm picking Belgium today

I'm rooting for Belgium today and England tomorrow and then England to win it all.

My prediction is France & England advance with France winning it all.

(07-10-2018, 09:04 AM)ColoJag Wrote: If England wants to beat teams that's actually are good, not Sweden or Colombia(without James), Kane needs to play better. People are giving Sterling alot of flack but hes getting in the positions to score, kane hasn't dominated the last 2 games and to beat France or Belgium he needs to.

Kane has played too deep.. but in doing that he's created room for Sterling to run in off of him.. opening up defences.. it's not a traditional way to use Kane, sure.. but it's worked..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Tell the Netherlands, Italy and Germany that Sweden are no good.

They’re not France, Belgium or Brazil, but they’re a very capable side who have given very good sides a tough game.

Agree on Kane’s role though.

(07-10-2018, 12:28 PM)Andy G Wrote: Tell the Netherlands, Italy and Germany that Sweden are no good.

Sweden didn't have to beat Trinidad and Tobago to qualify.

...just sayin'

U-S-A  U-S-A  U-S-A