Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft (Updated 4/18/18)

I LOVE Nickerson, if he's there in the 4th I would be ecstatic!!!! I would prefer Goedert but am absolutely fine with Hurst as they are 1A and 1B in my mind. Crosby would be a great pick because like you said he can battle with Cann and then move to RT next year if Parnell is gone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-18-2018, 03:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jag's picks

1. Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina: The most complete TE in the draft. Pairing him in 2 TE sets opposite newly acquired Austin Seferian Jenkins will add a totally new element to the offense. 

2. Tyrell Crosby, OG/OT, Oregon: Natural RT plays well in both the run and the pass. He will probably be moved inside to RG and evaluated throughout the season, as he could be moved to the RT spot after the season if Parnell is cut for cap savings. This team loves O-Linemen with versatility and Crosby being able to play OG and OT would be a huge bonus.  

3. Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky: One of the very few non-first round QB's with high upside. He has a decent arm, shows good accuracy, a very nice deep ball and seems to have a quick release. After sitting for a year, I could see him battling for the starting QB position in 2019. 

4. Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane[font=Arial]: Lightning quick corner with a nose for the football. He is a bit undersized, but is an[i] athletic, productive corner who would excel in the Nickle role. I could see him battling for the 3rd CB spot right away in our defense. He seems tailor-made for the Nickle role.[/i][/font]

6. Oren Burks, LB, Vanderbilt: Athletic linebacker with a non-stop motor who does very well in pass coverage and is an excellent tackler. He'd be perfect on 3rd downs.He shows the scheme diversity to play all 3 LB positions in a 4-3 system.

7. Javon Wims, WR, Georgia: Tall, athletic pass catcher with good hands and excellent body control. Had he been in a more pass oriented offense, he would be taken much higher. 

7. Elijah Nkansah, OT, Toledo: Experienced OT who has played LT and RT. Very good run blocker who opened running lanes for Kareem Hunt at Toledo. 

I echo the sentiments of those who laud you for your good work.  It's obvious that it's a labor of love for you, and the efforts of those of you who do mock drafts make this pre draft period of the offseason more bearable.  Thank you.

As for your Jaguars selections, I would be happy with this overall.

I am especially fond of the first two picks, as well as the Burks and Wims picks.

I liked what I saw ow White during the Senior Bowl, but I can't say I know enough about him outside of that exposure.

I know nothing of Nickerson or the last pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-18-2018, 03:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: (Updated 4/18/17)

Jag's picks

1. Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina: The most complete TE in the draft. Pairing him in 2 TE sets opposite newly acquired Austin Seferian Jenkins will add a totally new element to the offense. 

2. Tyrell Crosby, OG/OT, Oregon: Natural RT plays well in both the run and the pass. He will probably be moved inside to RG and evaluated throughout the season, as he could be moved to the RT spot after the season if Parnell is cut for cap savings. This team loves O-Linemen with versatility and Crosby being able to play OG and OT would be a huge bonus.  

3. Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky: One of the very few non-first round QB's with high upside. He has a decent arm, shows good accuracy, a very nice deep ball and seems to have a quick release. After sitting for a year, I could see him battling for the starting QB position in 2019. 

4. Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane[font=Arial]: Lightning quick corner with a nose for the football. He is a bit undersized, but is an[i] athletic, productive corner who would excel in the Nickle role. I could see him battling for the 3rd CB spot right away in our defense. He seems tailor-made for the Nickle role.[/i][/font]

6. Oren Burks, LB, Vanderbilt: Athletic linebacker with a non-stop motor who does very well in pass coverage and is an excellent tackler. He'd be perfect on 3rd downs.He shows the scheme diversity to play all 3 LB positions in a 4-3 system.

7. Javon Wims, WR, Georgia: Tall, athletic pass catcher with good hands and excellent body control. Had he been in a more pass oriented offense, he would be taken much higher. 

7. Elijah Nkansah, OT, Toledo: Experienced OT who has played LT and RT. Very good run blocker who opened running lanes for Kareem Hunt at Toledo. 

I dig it.

Of the 3rd round and below QBs, Mike White is my favorite.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I think these picks would realistically fill needs we have as well as allow us to take the BAP (at a position where we need upgrade or depth.) As far as the draft overall, I made a few changes. I still believe Sam Darnold is going #1 overall and the more I read about the Giants the more I believe Darnold is the only QB they want. If he is gone, I believe they either trade down or take the best position player on the board. With JPP gone, I believe the Giants have to take Chubb. He is by far the best DE in the draft and there is quite a dropoff after him. As far as Saquan Barkley, I just don't believe he would fare well in New York, because the O-Line pretty much needs an upgrade everywhere except LT. They cannot afford to miss on such a high pick and Chubb is a pretty safe pick. Cleveland can afford to get a RB later in the draft. They already added Carlos Hyde and they have a versatile change of pace RB in Duke Johnson Jr. With that said, what the Browns desperately need is help in the secondary. Ward is widely considered the best CB in the draft and many view him as one of the top 5 players in the draft, outside of QB. Adding him at #4 makes sense, although I could see them trading down if a team wants to jump up and get Barkley. I'm just not buying that the Broncos believe Case Keenum is a franchise QB. That just makes no sense to me. With that said, I believe they will go QB in round 1 and I believe they would prefer Rosen to Allen. Rosen has a very similar personality to John Elway. Indy could take Barkley, but their O-Line has been terrible. Adding a true franchise OG who could anchor the offensive interior for the next 10 years is too hard to pass up. Nelson is the perfect fit. This allows Barkley to fall to Tampa and in my mind, he has the best chance to succeed here. From there, I could see either Miami or Buffalo moving up to get QB Josh Allen, but with no trades projected in my draft and Miami selecting first, I have them taking him. With all the top QB's gone, I see the Bills taking one of the 12 or so, elite players in this draft by adding Fitzpatrick and they can then use their other first round selection to take Mason Rudolph as their QB of the future. I have Ridley sliding to Atlanta, because I believe Moore will be the first WR taken as he shows pure big play ability and I believe the Cowboys will be looking for a WR with size. They also are said to be extremely high on Sutton. Atlanta adding Ridley to play along with Julio Jones, could make for one of the most exciting passing offenses in the NFL. I believe the Pats will try and take two impact players with their first round picks. They need a more consistent pass rush and Landry is the type of player that would fit well in the Pats defense. Adding a shutdown corner like Hughes from a top heavy CB class just makes sense. The rest of the picks are pretty self explanatory.

I'd go:

29. Isaiah Wynn OG
61. Mark Andrews TE
93. Chukwuma Okorofar OT
129. Genard Avery LB
203. Micheal Dickson P
230. Brian Allen C
247. Kyle Allen QB
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-19-2018, 12:13 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I'd go:

29. Isaiah Wynn OG
61. Mark Andrews TE
93. Chukwuma Okorofar OT
129. Genard Avery LB
203. Micheal Dickson P
230. Brian Allen C
247. Kyle Allen QB

Why would we draft 2 interior O-Linemen? Norwell and Linder should be entrenched as starters. We just signed Norwell to a big money contract and Linder signed a huge extension which keeps him here through 2022. Are you comfortable with D.J. Hayden as the starting Nickle corner? I'm not. I also believe QB is too high of a priority to wait until round 7 and IMO, I don't see Allen as a draftable prospect. I thought about drafting a Punter, but my own personal beliefs wouldn't allow me. I don't believe in drafting Punters or Kickers. I believe you don't waste draft picks on those positions. Plenty of good ones can be found via UDFA.

(04-18-2018, 04:40 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I LOVE Nickerson, if he's there in the 4th I would be ecstatic!!!! I would prefer Goedert but am absolutely fine with Hurst as they are 1A and 1B in my mind. Crosby would be a great pick because like you said he can battle with Cann and then move to RT next year if Parnell is gone.

I wouldn't like Nickerson as a 1 or 2 CB, because he lacks height, but as a Nickle he's perfect. He has speed to burn (4.32/40), he has ballhawking abilities 6 interceptions in 2017 and he shadows receivers well. I actually believe he could be an upgrade over Colvin. I'm a little worried about Crosby trying a new position at OG, but I eventually see him as a RT. He's an excellent run blocker and a good pass protector, but I believe he needs to get a little stronger. I'd like to see him hit the weight room as soon as he gets here. The lack of strength can be improved, but I like that he has a nasty streak.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 03:26 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-18-2018, 09:10 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 03:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jag's picks

I echo the sentiments of those who laud you for your good work.  It's obvious that it's a labor of love for you, and the efforts of those of you who do mock drafts make this pre draft period of the offseason more bearable.  Thank you.

As for your Jaguars selections, I would be happy with this overall.

I am especially fond of the first two picks, as well as the Burks and Wims picks.

I liked what I saw ow White during the Senior Bowl, but I can't say I know enough about him outside of that exposure.

I know nothing of Nickerson or the last pick.

Nickerson is very fast and shows ballhawking abilities. I think you'd like him. Burks is extremely underrated as a pass coverage linebacker. He is a former Safety and displays good speed, so he'd be great for what we need him for. Wims is that big, bodied WR we need with good hands and excellent body control. I believe he can be a steal. Nkansah has experience at both OT positions and is a sharp run blocker and solid pass protector. I believe he could immediately become the top swing tackle for us. I believe everyone knows what a big Mason Rudolph fan I am, but outside of him, Mayfied and Rosen, I like White an awful lot. I see "something" there. He may take longer to develop, but I believe he could be a good NFL starter at some point. I see no one outside of these QB's and possibly Darnold who could be a significant upgrade over Bortles.

(04-19-2018, 03:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:13 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I'd go:

29. Isaiah Wynn OG
61. Mark Andrews TE
93. Chukwuma Okorofar OT
129. Genard Avery LB
203. Micheal Dickson P
230. Brian Allen C
247. Kyle Allen QB

Why would we draft 2 interior O-Linemen?

Considering we're a smashmouth running team there's no reason to not add as many o lineman as possible.  Also, Brian Allen is just a flier pick considering 7th rounders usually don't pan out.

Norwell and Linder should be entrenched as starters. We just signed Norwell to a big money contract and Linder signed a huge extension which keeps him here through 2022. Are you comfortable with D.J. Hayden as the starting Nickle corner?

Yes I'm comfortable with Hayden , Patman, and Myrick battling for the nickle spot. Hayden at least gets a year to prove himself. There's no reason to try and draft his replacement so soon.

I'm not. I also believe QB is too high of a priority to wait until round 7 and IMO, I don't see Allen as a draftable prospect. 

I agree, but considering how your draft fell we never had a shot at the top6 other than trading up so it's pointless to overdraft a QB just to put one on the roster. The QBs outside the top6 are pretty much terrible so I don't see a need in drafting one.

I thought about drafting a Punter, but my own personal beliefs wouldn't allow me.

I almost took Facyson over the punter but Dickson seems like a clear upgrade over Nortman. Again, a sixth round punter is not that big of deal.

I don't believe in drafting Punters or Kickers. I believe you don't waste draft picks on those positions. Plenty of good ones can be found via UDFA.
On your draft, Hurst in the first would be a horrible pick. The guys 25 years old already. He may be the most polished TE but certainly not worth the 29th pick, maybe 61 but not 29.

I like Crosby in the second, that'd be a great pick.

Mike White is severely overrated , not a good pick.

Nickerson will be available in the 6th so meh.

Oren Burks would be great value in the 6th.

Have no opinion on your seventh rounders as that is the flier round in which those picks rarely make the team.

I like this draft better:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Round Overall Player Notes
1 29 Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
2 61 Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama
3 93 Traded to Green Bay
4 101 Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma from GB/CLE
4 129 Kenny Young, LB, UCLA
5 172 Toby Weathersby, G, LSU from GB
6 203 Kentavius Street, DE/DT, NC State
7 230 Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama from CIN
7 247 Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
The Jaguars are fortunate enough to watch other potential suitors pass up Sutton and allow him to drop to No. 29. He should quickly become the team's No. 1 receiver while scratching that Moncrief-type itch for a big target for Blake Bortles. If he gets singled up regularly with teams stacking the box against Leonard Fournette, watch out.

Harrison is a nice value late in the second round, and he could end up taking over for Barry Church in 2019, as cutting the veteran would clear his entire $6.25 million off the cap. The Jaguars then trade out of the third round, getting the first pick of Day 3 (No. 101) and a fifth-rounder (No. 172). Andrews is another pass-catching weapon to play behind new No. 1 tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Young gives the team an option for a third linebacker after Paul Posluszny's retirement.

Weathersby is an experienced right tackle who could be developed as a versatile reserve lineman. Street tore his ACL but is a worthy IR stash. Wallace is as hard a worker you'll find in the seventh round as a former walk-on-turned-contributor for the Alabama defense. Ferguson is a practice-squad option who could potentially develop into a No. 2 QB.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 12:33 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-20-2018, 11:05 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 03:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why would we draft 2 interior O-Linemen?

Considering we're a smashmouth running team there's no reason to not add as many o lineman as possible.  Also, Brian Allen is just a flier pick considering 7th rounders usually don't pan out.

Norwell and Linder should be entrenched as starters. We just signed Norwell to a big money contract and Linder signed a huge extension which keeps him here through 2022. Are you comfortable with D.J. Hayden as the starting Nickle corner?

Yes I'm comfortable with Hayden , Patman, and Myrick battling for the nickle spot. Hayden at least gets a year to prove himself. There's no reason to try and draft his replacement so soon.

I'm not. I also believe QB is too high of a priority to wait until round 7 and IMO, I don't see Allen as a draftable prospect. 

I agree, but considering how your draft fell we never had a shot at the top6 other than trading up so it's pointless to overdraft a QB just to put one on the roster. The QBs outside the top6 are pretty much terrible so I don't see a need in drafting one.

I thought about drafting a Punter, but my own personal beliefs wouldn't allow me.

I almost took Facyson over the punter but Dickson seems like a clear upgrade over Nortman. Again, a sixth round punter is not that big of deal.

I don't believe in drafting Punters or Kickers. I believe you don't waste draft picks on those positions. Plenty of good ones can be found via UDFA.
On your draft, Hurst in the first would be a horrible pick. The guys 25 years old already. He may be the most polished TE but certainly not worth the 29th pick, maybe 61 but not 29.

I like Crosby in the second, that'd be a great pick.

Mike White is severely overrated , not a good pick.

Nickerson will be available in the 6th so meh.

Oren Burks would be great value in the 6th.

Have no opinion on your seventh rounders as that is the flier round in which those picks rarely make the team.

I think when we pick, Hurst will simply be the highest rated player on our board. I could care less about age. I think he'll be the top TE off the board, even if we don't pick him. It could be Goedert, but IMO, that's only if the Patriots are the first team to select a TE. 

Mike White is by far, the best of the 2nd tier QB's (outside of Mayfield, Rosen, Rudolph and Darnold.) It's not even close.

Nickerson is gonna go a lot higher than you think. Ballhawking corners with 4.32 speed don't normally fall to the 6th round.

(04-20-2018, 11:59 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I like this draft better:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Round Overall Player Notes
1 29 Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
2 61 Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama
3 93 Traded to Green Bay
4 101 Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma from GB/CLE
4 129 Kenny Young, LB, UCLA
5 172 Toby Weathersby, G, LSU from GB
6 203 Kentavius Street, DE/DT, NC State
7 230 Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama from CIN
7 247 Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
The Jaguars are fortunate enough to watch other potential suitors pass up Sutton and allow him to drop to No. 29. He should quickly become the team's No. 1 receiver while scratching that Moncrief-type itch for a big target for Blake Bortles. If he gets singled up regularly with teams stacking the box against Leonard Fournette, watch out.

Harrison is a nice value late in the second round, and he could end up taking over for Barry Church in 2019, as cutting the veteran would clear his entire $6.25 million off the cap. The Jaguars then trade out of the third round, getting the first pick of Day 3 (No. 101) and a fifth-rounder (No. 172). Andrews is another pass-catching weapon to play behind new No. 1 tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Young gives the team an option for a third linebacker after Paul Posluszny's retirement.

Weathersby is an experienced right tackle who could be developed as a versatile reserve lineman. Street tore his ACL but is a worthy IR stash. Wallace is as hard a worker you'll find in the seventh round as a former walk-on-turned-contributor for the Alabama defense. Ferguson is a practice-squad option who could potentially develop into a No. 2 QB.

I don't project trades. They are too hard to predict.

Hurst is probably who I think they'll pick as of right now too. It's probably my least favorite option though.

(04-21-2018, 10:26 AM)Upper Wrote: Hurst is probably who I think they'll pick as of right now too. It's probably my least favorite option though.

If I had to wager, my guess would be OL (Hernandez or Crosby) at 29 then TE in round 2 or 3.

(04-21-2018, 10:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:26 AM)Upper Wrote: Hurst is probably who I think they'll pick as of right now too. It's probably my least favorite option though.

If I had to wager, my guess would be OL (Hernandez or Crosby) at 29 then TE in round 2 or 3.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us take Crosby at #29, but it would be a reach. I believe he'd be there for us in round 2.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 07:49 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-21-2018, 02:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: If I had to wager, my guess would be OL (Hernandez or Crosby) at 29 then TE in round 2 or 3.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us take Crosby at #29, but it would be a reach. I believe he'd be there for us in round 2.

I don't think so.

I think there will be a pretty big run on OL in early to mid round 2.  We need to get ahead of it, lest we risk missing out like we did CB in the 2nd round of 1998.

Look at the teams picking immediately after us in the draft order...

30.  Minnesota
31.  New England
32.  Philadelphia
2nd round
33.  Cleveland
34.  N.Y. Giants
35.  Cleveland
36.  Indy
37.  Indy
38.  Tampa
39.  Chicago
40.  Denver
41.  Oakland
42.  Miami
43.  New England
44.  Washington
45.  Green Bay
46.  Cincinnati
47.  Arizona
48. Chargers
49.  Indy
50.  Dallas
51.  Detroit
52.  Baltimore
53. Buffalo

How many of those teams do NOT need an OL?