Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What Position Would Most Upset You If They Picked?
This poll is closed.
WR
35.71%
5 35.71%
RB
21.43%
3 21.43%
DE
7.14%
1 7.14%
CB
21.43%
3 21.43%
LB
14.29%
2 14.29%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which Pick (Position or Player) Would Upset You?

It seems like we all have a pretty wide range of guys or positions we'd almost all be happy with them selecting at 29 (OG, OT, TE, QB, DT, DE even maybe if the value is there, or LB if someone falls). So other than WR which a few would actually like, what position or player could we plausibly take that would be universally panned by the board? Corner or RB maybe? I just can't see them drafting a RB in the 1st though. Even CB I think most of us would think there was a better pick but see that CB could be a contributor.

I think it just shows the health of this roster that we're not shoehorning someone into our pick because of a gaping hole on the team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Safety?

The only thing I can think that would cause an uproar is that if we have a QB available, and we trade that pick to someone who selects that QB. But, I think that would only be a small fraction of the fanbase.

Otherwise, I don't think there's anything that would produce outrage on a widespread way as long as the pick is reasonable/makes sense.

A trade up might cause an outrage. Haven't seen much support for that. I'd be for it as long as the price is right. I'd be happier with a trade out.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-17-2018, 01:46 PM)pirkster Wrote: Safety?

The only thing I can think that would cause an uproar is that if we have a QB available, and we trade that pick to someone who selects that QB.  But, I think that would only be a small fraction of the fanbase.

Otherwise, I don't think there's anything that would produce outrage on a widespread way as long as the pick is reasonable/makes sense.

A trade up might cause an outrage.  Haven't seen much support for that.  I'd be for it as long as the price is right.  I'd be happier with a trade out.

I thought about that, but between this being a not so stellar Safety class, our starting Safeties being very entrenched, and never seeing any Safeties mocked to us or even around our pick, I didn't really consider it plausible enough to warrant a poll option.

To me it depends on who is left onthe board when we pick. I want us to go BAP, no matter the position. But most of all, I don't want us to reach.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

If we're talking just first round, I went LB. Only because I think there will be better value picks there at 29. I like some of the later LBs, namely Griffen, but not many who'd be worth it at 29
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

For me it's CB. Between Ramsey, Bouye & Hayden along with Myrick coming back for his 2nd year I don't really want to see a 1st RD pick spent at this position. Unless Denzel Ward out of OSU falls to us for whatever crazy reason. I feel like with your first three rounds you should always be aiming to add starters and not depth players or bench warmers. Taking a CB in RD1 just seems like an odd move.

Also. The defense was obviously the strength of the team last year. I would be surprised if they went anywhere outside of offense with the first two rounds of this draft. Especially with a solid offensive line and tight end class to pick from early.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I will be shocked if we don't go offense with our first 2 picks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Probably LB. Jack is going to get paid if he has another big year. Investing first round money into someone that's a part time player on just run downs makes no sense to me. We can use that for an offensive lineman who would have a much bigger impact.

As long as they do something to present competition or clear upgrade at RG and address TE before the fourth - then I'm cool with their choices for the most part.

I'd prefer them to address those two things straight away in the first two rounds.

I’d be a little upset with WR at 29 mostly because I think we are in the position to go BPA and I don’t think the WR there would be best. CB wouldn’t bother me that much because we use a nickel back so much. I think we go OLine first and grab Simmie Cobbs in the second
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 06:15 PM by brianmsbc.)

(04-17-2018, 02:47 PM)Markulous Wrote: Probably LB.  Jack is going to get paid if he has another big year.  Investing first round money into someone that's a part time player on just run downs makes no sense to me.  We can use that for an offensive lineman who would have a much bigger impact.

The LB would prob take Blair Brown's spot.

BPA is a flawed strategy. If WR is the BPA, but there are a ton of WR's that you would be delighted to have in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.... And you know 1st round is the last chance to get a decent Guard.... then why take a WR? Our goal is not to get the best 1st rounder possible but to have the best draft possible.

(04-17-2018, 06:12 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 02:47 PM)Markulous Wrote: Probably LB.  Jack is going to get paid if he has another big year.  Investing first round money into someone that's a part time player on just run downs makes no sense to me.  We can use that for an offensive lineman who would have a much bigger impact.

The LB would prob take Blair Brown's spot.

BPA is a flawed strategy. If WR is the BPA, but there are a ton of WR's that you would be delighted to have in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.... And you know 1st round is the last chance to get a decent Guard.... then why take a WR? Our goal is not to get the best 1st rounder possible but to have the best draft possible.

Either way, I don't think LB should be taken in the first.

Agreed BPA isn't the best way to go, at least towards the top of the draft. Caldwell has always drafted for need except towards the end of the draft when it's all just a dart throw.

I'd be fine with a LB in the first. Dude will play 30% the plays minimum and hopefully they draft a guy who could step in for Jack/Telvin in the event they go down or need a blow. Seems like a solid option. It's no guarantee any O-line picked in first would beat out Cann or Parnell, and for whatever reason the FO seems to like them there a lot anyways.

One LB who I'd be disappointed in, seems to be everyone's favorite. I'd be disappointed with Vander Esch in the first. He is being compared to Poz. I love Poz, but the problem with Poz is he made all his tackles like 4-5 yards down the field almost every single time. If the Jags go for a LB in the first, I would hope it's a LB who can make an impact at the LOS. Not a tackle machine 4 yards in. I am no where near that hype wagon.

For anyone ok with a LB at 29, who are you aiming for? Roquan and Edmunds won't be there. Esch has fallen off people's boards and gets caught up in trash and blocks. Evans is about the only one around our pick maybe but he's not really worth a first round pick. These LBs aren't that great where we pick. Just like WR, you can get similar talent in the 3rd or 4th round.

(04-17-2018, 07:58 PM)Markulous Wrote: For anyone ok with a LB at 29, who are you aiming for? Roquan and Edmunds won't be there. Esch has fallen off people's boards and gets caught up in trash and blocks. Evans is about the only one around our pick maybe but he's not really worth a first round pick. These LBs aren't that great where we pick. Just like WR, you can get similar talent in the 3rd or 4th round.

Just Evans. If he is there and the Jags take him I would be happy as heck. He would provide immediate impact. Esch would make me so disappointed. I'm more interested in player rather than position.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 09:50 PM by Andy G.)

I’d be disappointed with WR in the first round.

It’s possible we could draft someone marginally better than the players we already have.

But I don’t think it would be the major step-up you want from a first round pick.

Also it would feel we are being forced to use a valuable pick on a position to replace a player we have lost (ARob) rather than to improve the roster.

(04-17-2018, 09:46 PM)Andy G Wrote: I’d be disappointed with WR in the first round.

It’s possible we could draft someone marginally better than the players we already have.

But I don’t think it would be the major step-up you want from a first round pick.

Also it would feel we are being forced to use a valuable pick on a position to replace a player we have lost (ARob) rather than to improve the roster.

I agree with this. I just don't think Ridley, Moore or Sutton are going to be great receivers. As far as Clark goes, I don't even think I'd take him in the 2nd round. Very few of those "workout warriors" who kill it at the combine end up as very good NFL players.