Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Schedule

I love that the two indy babies were crying.  Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here are teams that finished with 6 or less wins in 2017 that have more PT games than the Jags: 49ers 5 Jets 3 Den 3 Oak 3 Giants 4 Chi 3

Somebody, anybody please tell me what's wrong with this picture because we deserve more respect than this from the NFL.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Like playing NE early. Should get a good sense of direction for the season that game.

(04-19-2018, 08:06 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Is it just me or is this funny as hell?!!! Oh, and two prime-time games!

http://www.jaguars.com/2018schedulerelease/

NFL network just posted a commercial with it!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Those teams have a bigger fanbase/market than us. That's just how it is. I predicted one Sunday, one Thursday in another thread, it isn't a surprise. MAYBE we'd get more if we had a chunk of Good years in a row.

(04-19-2018, 08:49 PM)jjgator Wrote: Those teams have a bigger fanbase/market than us. That's just how it is. I predicted one Sunday, one Thursday in another thread, it isn't a surprise. MAYBE we'd get more if we had a chunk of Good years in a row.

Then explain the Tennessee Titans because they were just as bad as us as a franchise for the last 10 years
[Image: giphy.gif]

Great schedule. Sets up for another playoff push (crosses fingers)

I could seriously see us Starting 6-1 or 5-2... I honestly see 12-4 or 13-3 as a real possibility with the way the schedule worked out. I cannot wait to see us win another South title!

(04-19-2018, 08:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Great schedule.  

We get two Romo games which are practically national games. SNF Vs Steelers. Eagles game in London will be national no?

My favourite stretch is the 4 weeks where we play the colts, Steelers, bills and colts aagin. Post bye too.

Yes, although I don't think it counts officially as a prime-time game, it will be aired on NFL network, which most people have, so I would count it as nationally televised.

3!

(04-19-2018, 08:51 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:49 PM)jjgator Wrote: Those teams have a bigger fanbase/market than us. That's just how it is. I predicted one Sunday, one Thursday in another thread, it isn't a surprise. MAYBE we'd get more if we had a chunk of Good years in a row.

Then explain the Tennessee Titans because they were just as bad as us as a franchise for the last 10 years

NFL knows what most people know, the titans are the cream of the crop. Only mularkey was holding them back. Now the sky is the limit. And we all want to see them play.

(04-19-2018, 08:24 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags titans thursday night beatdown tradition

Good to see you accepting that turning of the worm now.  ;-)

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I'm okay with the schedule for any number of reasons.

1. Three of the first four games at home. Though the opponents are tough, I think we are up to the task. If we are healthy and play up to capabilities, we can get off to a fast start. It seems like so many times over the years, we start off with a ton of road games.

2. A nicely placed bye. Mid season. Right after the London game. I don't know if the Jaguars' experience last year influenced this, whether deference to the Eagles influenced this, but I think this is a good place for the bye.

3. I'm not overly bothered by the lack of prime time games. I think more important than prime time games are nationally televised games...though all of the prime time games are nationally televised. It seems like looking at the schedule, we have at least 4 nationally televised games right off the bat-New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Tennessee...with maybe Miami. If we are contending again, more of our late season games will likely get flexed, or at least get shifted to national television. On top of that, we are playing some of the biggest market and highest profile teams in football with both Super Bowl teams, both New York teams, Dallas, Washington, Pittsburgh, two games against Houston, and the Chiefs-a popular if somewhat small market team. The level of exposure this team is going to get will be exponentially higher than it has been in many many years, especially if this team is winning. In fact, if this team wins the Super Bowl with this schedule, the amount of fans this team will create will be much more than winning the Super Bowl against the run of the mill Jaguars schedule. Even if the team does not win the Super Bowl, if the team wins, it will earn league wide respect and more fans.

4. There are no outrageous road stretches where we are on the road three straight weeks, or having one home game in 7-8 weeks. We have no more than 2 back to back away games, which happens twice during this schedule-weeks 5-6 and weeks 16-17. Keep in mind in week 16, we play in Miami. It's not a home game, but it's awfully close, and if the Fish are out of contention late while we are still battling for home field, it could functionally be a home game for us, as it may be one of the few times in team history our fans could take over another team's stadium.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Khan should really rethink his annual commitment to London if the NFL isn't going to reward him for his sacrifice. This franchise gets treated like an abused spouse.

(04-19-2018, 09:25 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:51 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Then explain the Tennessee Titans because they were just as bad as us as a franchise for the last 10 years

NFL knows what most people know, the titans are the cream of the crop. Only mularkey was holding them back. Now the sky is the limit. And we all want to see them play.

Oh...is that all?  It wasn't the busts you have at WR or the mediocre QB play?

(04-19-2018, 08:42 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Here are teams that finished with 6 or less wins in 2017 that have more PT games than the Jags: 49ers 5 Jets 3 Den 3 Oak 3 Giants 4 Chi 3

Somebody, anybody please tell me what's wrong with this picture because we deserve more respect than this from the NFL.

STOP!  It is about TV ratings not respect.  Jags are a small market that have been abysmal for a decade.  Who in Chicago wants to watch the Jags this year?

(04-19-2018, 09:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:25 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: NFL knows what most people know, the titans are the cream of the crop. Only mularkey was holding them back. Now the sky is the limit. And we all want to see them play.

Oh...is that all?  It wasn't the busts you have at WR or the mediocre QB play?

QB play suffered from incompetent play designs. Recievers too. Isnt sam jackson a titans fan?

Obviously hard to know season to season but schedule looks tough.

I personally dont care one way or the other about primetime games. Second straight year though no home games around the holidays. Which is something I do care about because that is when I'm in town. Bummer!

(04-19-2018, 09:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Oh...is that all?  It wasn't the busts you have at WR or the mediocre QB play?

QB play suffered from incompetent play designs. Recievers too. Isnt sam jackson a titans fan?

Is that what it is?

I seem to recall Mularkey coached your team to their first winning records in a while.

Sam Jackson?  You mean Samuel L. Jackson, the actor?

Who knows or cares?

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 09:43 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(04-19-2018, 08:11 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Monday Night Football snubbed us as usual. How in the world does Tennessee Titans get three Prime Time games over us as a franchise?

(04-19-2018, 08:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Love the Sunday night game and the 4 pm Pats game.  Would have liked to have seen one more 4 pm home game, but not really much to complain about all things considered.

What you mean about all things considered?

We're a small market team that's trying to grow a fanbase overseas and this owner has shown a hyper sensitivity to anything and everything that could enhance or damage any of its revenue streams.  We're also coming off the only good season this franchise has had in the last 10 years.  Primetime games don't get watched live by the vast majority of European fans I'd guess considering what time in the morning it would be for them.  I wouldn't be surprised if the the Jags requested no more than two prime time games so as to not alienate the growing fanbase over there.  A fanbase which has enabled this franchise to remain in Jacksonville while the city continues to grow.  I was hoping for 3 prime time games or maybe an extra 4 pm game, but I thought 2 primetime games would be more realistic all things considered and at least we got the best type of prime time game in Sunday Night Football against a marqee opponent.

If we go deep or win it all this year, I think we'll get more prime time games next year for sure because the Jags would be a better ratings draw being a consistent winner or at the very least they'd be an acceptable opponent for one of the bigger market teams to play against in prime time.

(04-19-2018, 09:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: QB play suffered from incompetent play designs. Recievers too. Isnt sam jackson a titans fan?

Is that what it is?

I seem to recall Mularkey coached your team to their first winning records in a while.

Sam Jackson?  You mean Samuel L. Jackson, the actor?

Who knows or cares?

I think Nashville Dave is Jeff Fisher in disguise
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS