Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Schedule

Take it easy on snow wolf. He knows the jags overperformed last year. And we all know the jags couldnt beat the tacks. Must be an awful feeling, knowing the tacks have their way with the jags year after year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-21-2018, 11:55 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: Now let's try to leave their wives out of it. That may lead to divorce, and then they would just be cousins. That would make the family reunions awkward. You don't want a ex wife slash cousin busting up the meth lab now do you?

Funny stuff right here. Especially knowing how backwoods them backwoods in florida are. Lol
Whatever makes you feel better.

Just because the tacks sweep the jags every year. Jags still beat some other good teams just not the tacks. Cant win em all

You keep saying this but it's simply not true.

(04-22-2018, 01:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 11:55 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Funny stuff right here. Especially knowing how backwoods them backwoods in florida are. Lol
Whatever makes you feel better.

Just because the tacks sweep the jags every year. Jags still beat some other good teams just not the tacks. Cant win em all

You keep saying this but it's simply not true.

But have the jags ever swept the tacks?

(04-22-2018, 01:11 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You keep saying this but it's simply not true.

But have the jags ever swept the tacks?

Twice.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018, 01:23 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(04-22-2018, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:11 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: But have the jags ever swept the tacks?

Twice.

Jags swept tacks in 05

Tacks swept jags in 99, 02, 03, 08, 17

So to say the tacks sweep the jags every year is pretty much true.

(04-22-2018, 01:19 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Twice.

Jags swept tacks in 05

But it really isn't no matter how many times you say it is. It makes everything else you say blah, blah, blah.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018, 01:28 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(04-22-2018, 01:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:19 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags swept tacks in 05

But it really isn't no matter how many times you say it is. It makes everything else you say blah, blah, blah.

Fine. The tacks sweep the jags much more than the jags sweep the tacks. Better?

(04-22-2018, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:11 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: But have the jags ever swept the tacks?

Twice.

And yes, jags swept the oilers in 97. But they wasnt the tacks. Haha

(04-22-2018, 01:27 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: But it really isn't no matter how many times you say it is. It makes everything else you say blah, blah, blah.

Fine. The tacks sweep the jags much more than the jags sweep the tacks. Better?

LOL

Trying to rub in a 27-20 historical record is some severely weak troll sauce, my man. 
Please try harder.

(04-22-2018, 01:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:27 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Fine. The tacks sweep the jags much more than the jags sweep the tacks. Better?

LOL

Trying to rub in a 27-20 historical record is some severely weak troll sauce, my man. 
Please try harder.

True. But still, em tacks are historically better.

(04-22-2018, 02:30 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Please try harder.

Same number of division titles since Jax became a team. And same number of Super Bowl wins despite your 35 year head start.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-22-2018, 02:30 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Please try harder.

How did that help you in January?

Did you have a divisional title?  No.

Did it enable you to host a playoff game?  No.

Did it enable you to advance further in the playoffs than the Jaguars?  No.  At the end of your season, you were still watching us play, wishing you were in our position.

In fact, at the end of your season, you still fired your coach.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-22-2018, 03:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 02:30 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: True. But still, em tacks are historically better.

How did that help you in January?

Did it enable you to advance further in the playoffs than the Jaguars?  No.  At the end of your season, you were still watching us play, wishing you were in our position.

Absolutely the jags had a better season. Almost went to the super bowl. If not for them patriots being the cream of the nfl you probably would have. 
The tacks, on the other hand, should have been much better than they were. Last offseason the biggest weakness was coaching and it proved to be the case the entire season. 
This will be a fun season coming up. I hope the tacks AND the jags are there in the end. I was pulling for you guys in new england.

(04-22-2018, 05:10 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 03:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: How did that help you in January?

Absolutely the jags had a better season. Almost went to the super bowl. If not for them patriots being the cream of the nfl you probably would have. 
The tacks, on the other hand, should have been much better than they were. Last offseason the biggest weakness was coaching and it proved to be the case the entire season. 
This will be a fun season coming up. I hope the tacks AND the jags are there in the end. I was pulling for you guys in new england.
I agree that Mularkey was your guys main problem, but how confident are you in Vrabel? Also, the new offense being installed by LaFleur? I believe the Tacks will be competitive and Mariota will have a rebound season, but that defense isn't ready for big games. I can't see better than 8-8.

(04-22-2018, 05:42 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 05:10 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Absolutely the jags had a better season. Almost went to the super bowl. If not for them patriots being the cream of the nfl you probably would have. 
I agree that Mularkey was your guys main problem, but how confident are you in Vrabel? Also, the new offense being installed by LaFleur? I believe the Tacks will be competitive and Mariota will have a rebound season, but that defense isn't ready for big games. I can't see better than 8-8.

Secondary was improved last year. Will be moreso this year. Long as they get a pass rush i think the defense improves. Offense will be greatly improved. I'm thinking 12-4. 
Jags i think take a step back. 10-6 or 9-7

(04-19-2018, 08:24 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags titans thursday night beatdown tradition

Is that going to be Match.com (family reunion edition) night in Tacky Valley?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(04-21-2018, 08:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is where I am. I don't want to be the cloud on a sunny day but the first half of the schedule could be tough. I have a lot of faith in this team and think we know how close we were last year and can do it again, the fear is doing an Oakland.

Just some quick thoughts
*No West coast game!!!
*Odell vs Ramsey week 1! 
*Glad to get the Pats out the way early, don't want it to be a game were looking at all season, first home game, a week of Pats trolls and pure, sweet revenge. 
*I agree about the Chiefs, eggs all in the Mahomes basket, hopefully by then they'e hit the Chiefs mid season wobble and with the whole Mahomes vs Ramsey/Bouye, we'll see what the kid can do.

*Hopefully Dallas are Dallas and another W. I look at some of these games and see them as the confidence building, momentum building games. There's also the flip side to that.
*Pittsburgh at the Bank, under the lights,with Al and Chris. Someone get Scobee out of retirement!!
*Division games will be really important this year, got to smash the T*tans and who knows what Clots Tinhorns turn up.

But the second half looks solid, division games aside, only the trip to Buffalo in November looks a worry. Going to Miami and Washington at home, we can finish ssrong, just got to make sure we don't put ourselves in a hole at the start.

I am not too concerened about Buffalo this year.

Since we played them, they have lost four offensive linemen (Incognito, Wood, Glenn and Henderson).  Ducasse, their incumbent RG, sucks.  At minimum, they will need to replace 3 linemen.  At this stage, they will have to replace them all with rookies or stopgap vets obtained from post draft cuts.

On top of that, they have no receivers.  Kelvin Benjamin is their best guy, but is years removed from his best season, his rookie year.  He has not approached 1000 yards in a year since, and he was shut down completely by Ramsey.  Their rokie from last year, Zay Jones, was a disaster even before the incident a few weeks ago.  Their only speed guy from last year, Deonte Thompson, left in free agency.  To put their receivers in perspective, Keelan Cole outperformed all of their guys, and I am not adjusting for the half season either.

All of these shortcomings are on top of the holes at LB and at DE, where Lawson has not developed.

Now due to various trades, they have a lot of draft capital to fill these holes.  Problem is, they acquired all of these picks to fill their biggest hole at QB.  Their starter from last year, Tyrod Taylor, now toils in Cleveland.  Nathan Peterman is a prolific INT machine, and they brought in AJ McCarron, he of three starts.  Now they could get lucky and have one of the top prospects fall to them, but more likely, they will have to package picks to move up into the top five to get their guy.  This would greatly reduce their ability to fill the rest of those holes with those picks, and they would still likely end up playing us with a rookie QB with no help.  As I said, they could stay at 12, get lucky, and have one of the top guys fall to them, and then they could use those picks to fill most of those holes.  The problem with that is they would need an all time great draft to get immediate consistent and positive impact from rookies at all of those positions, including QB, for them to be a contender this year.  While that is theoretically possible, what is more likely to happen is they will draft a couple of good players, some depth, and some misses.

The above doesn't even factor in the schedule. Even if they did not have all of those holes, the first half of that schedule is absolutely brutal.

@ Ravens
Chargers
@ Vikings
@ Packers
Tacks
@ Texans
@ Colts
Patriots
Bears
@ Jets
Jaguars

Those first eight games have, at best, 2-6 written all over them before having two winnable games against the Bears and Jets before playing us.

They will likely be well out of contention before we play them.

2019 and beyond?  I'd worry about Bufalo being on the schedule.  But I am not overly concerned about them now.  At this stage, as premature as it may be, I count that as a W for us. 

As for the rest of your thoughts...I am thrilled we have no West Coast games.  Not only do we not play well there, the teams there look very strong except Seattle, who is starting a rebuild. 

That Giant offense...at least at the skill positions..should be a strong test for us.  I am more concerned with Engram at this point than OBJ.

I am glad the Chiefs got Rid of Peters.  If anything causes us to lose in KC it would be turnovers.  Peters created a lot of them, and is an excellent CB and now he is gone.

Dallas will be a strong test of our run defense.  In fact, this will look like a game from the 1980s with all of the emphasis on running.  For whatever reason, we always have problems against Washington.  That is a game that, while winnable, makes me nervous. Even though Watson is returning, I think we finally match up well with Houston, and we should sweep them.  I think Indy will still have a lot of holes and we sweep them again.  We have to get at least a sweep against the tacks though.

Thanks for the reply, you make some very good points about the Bills, my only real worry with the Bills game is the weather in November. We may get lucky with a mild winter but Buffalo seem to get one crazy snow game a year. There will probably be a 'revenge' element to last season as well but we can win there.

Somebody else mentioned liking playing the Pats early, they were horrible the first 4 weeks last season, especially on D and Patricia is gone. Hopefully we can catch them in the learning process again. 

We have some tough games on the schedule but we just need to do what we did last season, get a few close wins in toùgh games (Chargers) and ride that momentum.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 11:15 AM by brianmsbc.)

(04-22-2018, 01:19 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

Jags swept tacks in 05

Your supporting data says the complete opposite of your analysis. They swept us once since 2008. That's 10 years ago. Do you work for CNN?

(04-23-2018, 12:06 AM)FBT Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:24 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags titans thursday night beatdown tradition

Is that going to be Match.com (family reunion edition) night in Tacky Valley?

You mean because all the jags fans in nashville? Yeah you're probably right

(04-23-2018, 11:26 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 12:06 AM)FBT Wrote: Is that going to be Match.com (family reunion edition) night in Tacky Valley?

You mean because all the jags fans in nashville? Yeah you're probably right

That's just pathetic. Keep trying, one day you might be funny.

(04-23-2018, 11:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 11:26 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You mean because all the jags fans in nashville? Yeah you're probably right

That's just pathetic. Keep trying, one day you might be funny.

Yeah its much funnier when talking about ppl from tennessee. Like jalen ramsey..