Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An Interesting 7 Round Mock from CBSSports

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...-32-teams/

It's broken down team by team first.

Here is who he mocks to Jacksonville:

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama

Traded to Green Bay

Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
from GB/CLE
Kenny Young, LB, UCLA

Toby Weathersby, G, LSU
from GB
Kentavius Street, DE/DT, NC State

Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama
from CIN
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis

To me he got decent value with those picks, but I think OL was too low on his priority list.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’d be happy with Harrison in round two - we need to plan for the future.

But you’re right, there is no way we wait that long to draft O line.

The jags seem to like Harrison. I wouldn’t be mad at all at this draft especially with Andrews in the 4th and a decent developmental QB in Ferguson in the 7th. I too would prefer a Guard or Tackle early in place of a WR but I get it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Lack of startable interior is bad but I really like the players selected.

(04-20-2018, 01:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...-32-teams/

Traded to Green Bay

from GB/CLE
Kenny Young, LB, UCLA

Toby Weathersby, G, LSU
from GB

from CIN

To me he got decent value with those picks, but I think OL was too low on his priority list.

To me, taking a WR in round one would be a complete waste. Besides, I don't see Sutton getting passed the Cowboys. I don't get the need that high for a Strong Safety. We just added Church and I thought he played pretty well. Of the two Safeties we have, I'd replace Gipson way before I'd replace Church. Andrews would be a good selection, but I highly doubt he falls that far. I cannot tell you how much I despise the Kenny Young selection. I have him as an UDFA. He is TERRIBLE against the run and a poor tackler. That would be a wasted draft pick. Weathersby? He's a marginal O-Lineman at best. We need a starting RG and I doubt he'd even compete for a starting job. I don't see a need for a DE/DT at all. We are stacked. Wallace is bigger, but had a very slow 40 time and looked lost at times. He should probably move to Safety. Just don't see it. Finally, we need to draft a QB way before the final round. Next year's QB crop looks very underwhelming.

(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 01:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...-32-teams/

Traded to Green Bay

from GB/CLE
Kenny Young, LB, UCLA

Toby Weathersby, G, LSU
from GB

from CIN

To me, taking a WR in round one would be a complete waste. Besides, I don't see Sutton getting passed the Cowboys. I don't get the need that high for a Strong Safety. We just added Church and I thought he played pretty well. Of the two Safeties we have, I'd replace Gipson way before I'd replace Church. Andrews would be a good selection, but I highly doubt he falls that far. I cannot tell you how much I despise the Kenny Young selection. I have him as an UDFA. He is TERRIBLE against the run and a poor tackler. That would be a wasted draft pick. Weathersby? He's a marginal O-Lineman at best. We need a starting RG and I doubt he'd even compete for a starting job. I don't see a need for a DE/DT at all. We are stacked. Wallace is bigger, but had a very slow 40 time and looked lost at times. He should probably move to Safety. Just don't see it. Finally, we need to draft a QB way before the final round. Next year's QB crop looks very underwhelming.

I think we're just at the point now where we are drafting for an eye to the future. Yes Church played well, shoot so did Gip, but our drafts now don't have to be about finding immediate starters.

If there's a SS or FS at the bottom of round 2 they like I wouldn't be mad at it.
I'm with you on the first round WR... don't think it is necessary but if all the best guards were gone I wouldn't hate the pick there.

Waiting until round 5 for OL doesn't seem likely.

In my opinion, this would be a very poor draft. I hate Sutton in the first. Andrews' health is a real concern and hope they don't take him, either. Ronnie Harrison in the 2nd is the only really good pick. It would be great value at that point and allow them to cut Church after next season is over.

SMH... Why would we trade pick #93 for #101 just to get an fifth round pick?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Traded to Green Bay

from GB/CLE
Kenny Young, LB, UCLA

Toby Weathersby, G, LSU
from GB

from CIN

Safety and the defensive line payroll will need to be trimmed next offseason so the Harrison pick makes sense. Street is a steal in the 6th.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Using his Mock I would go with

1-29 Frank Ragnow - OG/OC Arkansas
2-61 Anthony Miller - WR - Memphis
4-101 Nick Chubb - RB - Georgia
4-129 Desmond Harrison - OT - Western Georgia
5-172 Oren Burks - LB - Vanderbilt
6-203 Troy Fumagalli TE - Wisconsin
7-230 Jordan Wilkins - RB - Ole Miss
7-247 Riley Ferguson - QB - Memphis

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 09:56 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-20-2018, 06:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, taking a WR in round one would be a complete waste. Besides, I don't see Sutton getting passed the Cowboys. I don't get the need that high for a Strong Safety. We just added Church and I thought he played pretty well. Of the two Safeties we have, I'd replace Gipson way before I'd replace Church. Andrews would be a good selection, but I highly doubt he falls that far. I cannot tell you how much I despise the Kenny Young selection. I have him as an UDFA. He is TERRIBLE against the run and a poor tackler. That would be a wasted draft pick. Weathersby? He's a marginal O-Lineman at best. We need a starting RG and I doubt he'd even compete for a starting job. I don't see a need for a DE/DT at all. We are stacked. Wallace is bigger, but had a very slow 40 time and looked lost at times. He should probably move to Safety. Just don't see it. Finally, we need to draft a QB way before the final round. Next year's QB crop looks very underwhelming.

Safety and the defensive line payroll will need to be trimmed next offseason so the Harrison pick makes sense. Street is a steal in the 6th.

IMO, the payroll will be cut tremendously in 2019. I believe Bortles will be cut after the 2018 season.

(04-20-2018, 09:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 06:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Safety and the defensive line payroll will need to be trimmed next offseason so the Harrison pick makes sense. Street is a steal in the 6th.

IMO, the payroll will be cut tremendously in 2019. I believe Bortles will be cut after the 2018 season.

They may start this season, depending on what happens in the draft.  They have another week to decide what to do with Fowler.

If we land Crosby, Parnell could be gone.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-21-2018, 09:33 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: IMO, the payroll will be cut tremendously in 2019. I believe Bortles will be cut after the 2018 season.

They may start this season, depending on what happens in the draft.  They have another week to decide what to do with Fowler.

If we land Crosby, Parnell could be gone.

Pretty confident that Parnell will be our starting RT regardless of who we pick. Corsby could be a pro bowler inside based on his traits.