Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our picks might be completely unexpected

(04-23-2018, 03:02 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 02:48 PM)pirkster Wrote: The good Creed (the one from the Office) or the bad Creed (the awful band?)

Apollo?

Live For Today , With Arms Wide Open, or Livin' In America? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This draft is going to be more fun that when we typically pick in the top 5.

So many possibilities...

A.) Top 15 guy that falls into our laps (Smith/Payne/Vea)
B.) Trade back as a team wants to grab one of the Qbs...or we take a QB
C.) Grab the OL/TE everyone expects
D.) Go for a defensive pick (One of the CBs or Evans/Hurst/Vander Esch)

(04-23-2018, 03:39 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: This draft is going to be more fun that when we typically pick in the top 5.

So many possibilities...

I'd love A or D (CB/Evans) . I got no faith in Hayden and Evans would be a beast in this D.

(04-23-2018, 03:39 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: This draft is going to be more fun that when we typically pick in the top 5.

So many possibilities...

E.) ESPN goes to commercial just as our pick comes in, and we all find out via twitter.

(04-23-2018, 06:34 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:

So many possibilities...

E.) ESPN goes to commercial just as our pick comes in, and we all find out via twitter.
Someone will post the pick here before it airs anyways...

(04-23-2018, 05:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think we have to realize, picking 29th, yes, most of us seem to think we should pick offensive line and tight end with our first two picks, but really, we don't have any clear cut needs.   So our first two or three picks could be almost anything.  Factor in that we have to plan for some changes in 2019, and that adds even more possibilities.  

We all sit here and play at being a GM, but the professional GMs out there have to decide, does this WR or CB or DT have a better chance of becoming a long term player than this OL or TE. 

Sure, personally, I would love to have Will Hernandez in the first round, and the best TE in the second round, but it could very well be CB or WR or some other position.  

Every year we finally make our picks and half the people on this message board go ape about how stupid the front office is.  I just think we need to be prepared for something we don't expect, ESPECIALLY this year.

I agree totally with you about this, especially if there's only 1 or 2 offensive linemen they love and both are gone. Most projections have Hernandez as being taken before the Jaguars pick. He seems to be the best fit of all the potential first round linemen. If he's gone, they could take any player, regardless of position, who presents great value at that point. I'd be shocked if it was a running back for obvious reasons. The cornerback position is very deep in this draft, but I also doubt they'd take one this high. After that, some of the potential value picks are Evans at linebacker, Payne at DT and Davenport at edge rusher. All these guys may be preferable to whatever lineman is left. The tight end class is underwhelming as far as 1st round options and the article about their lack of success as rookies is pretty convincing.

(04-23-2018, 07:56 AM)Rico Wrote: I can't wait until I can find out from the board experts how stupid they are this weekend.  It's the highlight of my off-season.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

(04-24-2018, 12:11 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 07:56 AM)Rico Wrote: I can't wait until I can find out from the board experts how stupid they are this weekend.  It's the highlight of my off-season.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

I'm going to recite this every time it takes me two strokes to hit my ball out of a sand trap from now on.

(04-24-2018, 12:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:11 PM)rfc17 Wrote: It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

I'm going to recite this every time it takes me two strokes to hit my ball out of a sand trap from now on.

2?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-24-2018, 12:52 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm going to recite this every time it takes me two strokes to hit my ball out of a sand trap from now on.

2?
Big Grin 

I'll have a different speech if it takes 3. It won't be quite as eloquent.

(04-24-2018, 12:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:52 PM)Rico Wrote: 2?
Big Grin 

I'll have a different speech if it takes 3. It won't be quite as eloquent swear word free.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(04-23-2018, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 03:02 PM)Rico Wrote: Apollo?

Live For Today , With Arms Wide Open, or Livin' In America? 

[Image: creed.jpg]

(04-23-2018, 02:48 PM)pirkster Wrote: The good Creed (the one from the Office) or the bad Creed (the awful band?)

Loved that guy. Never did a stitch of work.

(04-24-2018, 12:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:11 PM)rfc17 Wrote: It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Here's the solution- watch the roads for a square of turf that falls off a truck, cut it into four strips and bring a piece with you to the course. Just put it in the sand trap and put your ball on it when nobody's looking. Your sand play will improve dramatically.

On topic: I think it will be OL. Duh. There, no warning.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-24-2018, 09:17 PM)PF* Wrote:

Loved that guy. Never did a stitch of work.
https://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/...d-bratton/

(04-23-2018, 07:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still say, if Mason Rudolph is off the board at #29, I trade back into the second round and try to add picks in 2019. I believe we can still get good value and find just as good a OG/OT or TE in the early to mid second round, that we could find at #29.

The thing is, you probably need Mason Rudolph to still be on the board in order to trade back.
'02

(04-24-2018, 11:44 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 07:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still say, if Mason Rudolph is off the board at #29, I trade back into the second round and try to add picks in 2019. I believe we can still get good value and find just as good a OG/OT or TE in the early to mid second round, that we could find at #29.

The thing is, you probably need Mason Rudolph to still be on the board in order to trade back.

Not necessarily. There is a shortage of LT prospects, FS prospects and edge pass rushers. I could see teams trading up to to get a variety of other players.

Are we planning to have a draft day live thread?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-23-2018, 05:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:   
We all sit here and play at being a GM, but the professional GMs out there have to decide, does this WR or CB or DT have a better chance of becoming a long term player than this OL or TE. 

Regardless of what our GM does, at least I know that he's not going to trade up to the 2nd round to grab a DB out of William and Mary that was 2nd team all conference and was projected to go in the 6th-7th round (if even drafted).

(04-25-2018, 10:16 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Are we planning to have a draft day live thread?

I'm sure we can make that happen.

(04-24-2018, 01:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Live For Today , With Arms Wide Open, or Livin' In America? 

[Image: creed.jpg]

This thread got derailed quick  Big Grin