Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft Cam Robinson

Quote:Listening to Caldwell now...

I've heard "chance to eventually start at tackle" and "he'll compete with Albert for LT"

later...

"...he should eventually be a big, massive tackle on the left side of the line."

and "he could be a left tackle for us"

...a lot of this "compete" and "eventual" talk regarding the LT spot, but nothing stating he'll start at LT as a rookie.

There's a reason he fell to the second round in a terrible o line class. He will have issues at LT if he starts there right away. He can have an immediate impact at RT or G this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's a reason he fell to the second round in a terrible o line class. He will have issues at LT if he starts there right away. He can have an immediate impact at RT or G this season.

Thank you for stating my point.

'02

Quote:Listening to Caldwell now...

I've heard "chance to eventually start at tackle" and "he'll compete with Albert for LT"

later...

"...he should eventually be a big, massive tackle on the left side of the line."

and "he could be a left tackle for us"

...a lot of this "compete" and "eventual" talk regarding the LT spot, but nothing stating he'll start at LT as a rookie.

at the very end a reporter asks him specifically if Cam will start day one at LT, and Caldwell merely said, "we'll start the best player there."
He was also specifically asked if they would move him to guard, he said he will play LT, and then he was asked if having the skill set to play guard was part of the decision to draft him and he said that's nice but we drafted him to play LT (last sentenced paraphrased because I don't remember exact wording)

Quote:He was also specifically asked if they would move him to guard, he said he will play LT, and then he was asked if having the skill set to play guard was part of the decision to draft him and he said that's nice but we drafted him to play LT (last sentenced paraphrased because I don't remember exact wording)
yeah, basically said LT "at this time" and "he does have the skillset to kick inside, if that what ur asking, but no, he's a LT"

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 04:40 PM by RonSwanson.)

Caldwell was pretty adamant about Robinson playing tackle and not guard, but it's possible that a bit of that was just posturing for Albert and his agent to put up or shut up with this holdout thing. 

I mean - if Robinson turns out to be the best option on the roster to play LG  --  then he'll play LG. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

If this is our new fight, I'm cool with that.  The Bortles stuff was getting old.

A little more silly, but at least it's something different.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Caldwell was pretty adamant about Robinson playing tackle and not guard, but it's possible that a bit of that was just posturing for Albert and his agent to put up or shut up with this holdout thing. 

I mean - if Robinson turns out to be the best option on the roster to play LG  --  then he'll play LG. 

Agree. Not sure why anyone would be against that.

Caldwell made it abundantly clear that Cam is expected to EVENTUALLY be the LT, but he'll have to compete for the start his rookie season. There's absolutely no other way to interpret what he said. Any attempt to vary what I'm saying here is flat out wrong.

'02

Hopefully it was posturing because if not this is just stupid. Why draft a guy to be a LT and you just traded for one who you want to start? Why not draft the LG? Common sense would tell me he is gonna kick inside and become our LT a year or two from now. But if we are putting limits on these players again rather than getting the best talent on the feild it's gonna be another long year.

Quote:Caldwell made it abundantly clear that Cam is expected to EVENTUALLY be the LT, but he'll have to compete for the start his rookie season. There's absolutely no other way to interpret what he said. Any attempt to vary what I'm saying here is flat out wrong.

Not sure anyone really cares to vary what you or Caldwell is saying.

Eventually could be next week, it could be next year.

Why you and others choose to split hairs over this is kinda really silly.

The best guy will win the job.

Let's not go all J-dub about semantics.

Quote:Caldwell made it abundantly clear that Cam is expected to EVENTUALLY be the LT, but he'll have to compete for the start his rookie season. There's absolutely no other way to interpret what he said. Any attempt to vary what I'm saying here is flat out wrong.
He can be quoted as stating "at this time"... or was it "for now"?.. Anyway. That quote creates a door that swings both ways.  Almost like Romo's 99% done with football. Just depends on which way they go.

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

Quote:IDK never found one i liked...never looked for one very hard either tho

Looks like you got one now  :thumbsup:

Quote:Hopefully it was posturing because if not this is just stupid. Why draft a guy to be a LT and you just traded for one who you want to start? Why not draft the LG? Common sense would tell me he is gonna kick inside and become our LT a year or two from now. But if we are putting limits on these players again rather than getting the best talent on the feild it's gonna be another long year.

It's fairly simple.

You make FA moves to fill gaps prior to the draft.

That doesn't mean a guy doesn't fall in you lap that you like, who you didn't think would be available to draft.

You don't pass on that opportunity, particularly because the guy you traded for is no spring chicken.

Thank you for clarifying. I jus couldn't imagine trading for a LT and drafting an LT without even attempting to kick him inside would just be insane

Quote:It's fairly simple.

You make FA moves to fill gaps prior to the draft.

That doesn't mean a guy doesn't fall in you lap that you like, who you didn't think would be available to draft.

You don't pass on that opportunity, particularly because the guy you traded for is no spring chicken.

I agree. What I'm saying is if he's not even attempting to say the guy may play guard would be crazy to me seeing as how we traded for an LT already. It would make sense to have him play LG if he doesn't beat the other guy out for LT and then slide over in the future.

Apparently thats not what Caldwell has been saying so my stress levels went down lol.

There are a lot of potential outcomes in the short term.

We could see 

Albert-Cann-Linder Parnell-Robinson (RT)

Who knows how they end up shuffling this line?

At least we have two players coming to camp that are potential upgrades to the line.  Whatever they can do to spring our first round RB is fine by me. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 05:22 PM by wrong_box.)

Never said anything about starting...Neither did Caldwell other than saying competing but he did say he was drafted to play LT and said he wont play guard...He never said if he doesn't win the starting job we will use him as guard he said he is a LT and he will play LT...It can't be any clearer than that

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2017, 05:22 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Looks like you got one now  :thumbsup:
yeah ya talked me into it Thats my dog Tyson

https://youtu.be/Wj0lBw9LyA8 Here he is having his way with the number 1 overall pick

Quote:Not sure anyone really cares to vary what you or Caldwell is saying.

Eventually could be next week, it could be next year.

Why you and others choose to split hairs over this is kinda really silly.

The best guy will win the job.

Let's not go all J-dub about semantics.

right...these posters are something else.  Their posts read like the rantings of nervous grandmothers.