Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft Cam Robinson

If u guys dont think cam will be starting at guard when albert wins the LT job ur crazy.. idc what caldwell did or didnt say it was pretry obvious a message was being sent to albert.. we traded up for this guy, he will start either LT or guard week 1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He needs to be a G.. Cam will not be a good LT

That's why he fell.. Good LT go in the 1st round.

"....The tackle.. or the offensive lineman, as it would be..." TC (Just Now)

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

Cam has alot to learn with levarage and feet placement.  Barnette took him to school. But held his own against others. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I liked the pick and I think he fits well as a G to start with. Over time he can definitely take over at T. 

I wonder how the situation with Albert is going to develop.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran‏<span style="font-size:.9em;"><span style="color:rgb(29,161,242);">Account verificato</span> </span>@ryanohalloran</a>  <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/858453441320013824' title="15:50 - 29 apr 2017">43 min43 minuti fa</a>
<div style="margin:-2px -9px 0px 0px;">
<div>
<div>Altro
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="">Coughlin said no contact with Albert or his agent. "And we've tried," Tom said.

Quote:right...these posters are something else.  Their posts read like the rantings of nervous grandmothers.  
the other posters are saying things caldwell never said...caldwell said he's a LT and he will play LT...He was specifically asked about moving him to guard and he said he will play LT...That's pretty clear to me he's going to play LT...No one said he had to be the starter, not even Caldwell said he has to start, he just simply said he's a LT, he will play LT and he's not going to move to guard...It can't be much clearer than that 

Quote:the other posters are saying things caldwell never said...caldwell said he's a LT and he will play LT...He was specifically asked about moving him to guard and he said he will play LT...That's pretty clear to me he's going to play LT...No one said he had to be the starter, not even Caldwell said he has to start, he just simply said he's a LT, he will play LT and he's not going to move to guard...It can't be much clearer than that 
He actually said "tackle" several times.  Not "left tackle." Not that I'm caught up in where he plays this year.  I just want the line to block better - whatever it takes. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

You guys think we had Cam as the highest rated lineman in the whole draft?

<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

Ramczyk and Bolles are the only 2 lineman that went ahead of Cam, think we had Cam over those 2 as well?

<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

Quote:Never said anything about starting...Neither did Caldwell other than saying competing but he did say he was drafted to play LT and said he wont play guard...He never said if he doesn't win the starting job we will use him as guard he said he is a LT and he will play LT...It can't be any clearer than that

For starters, not once did he say "he won't play guard." Go back and find the exact quote and state it because that was never said.

For another, every single time he mentioned Cam playing LT he either used the term "eventually" or talked about him competing with Albert.

They very well might end up kicking Cam inside, and quite frankly it doesn't matter what Caldwell just said. If Marrone ultimately wants to, it will happen.

I see it like this...

Cam will get a shot to compete with Albert, and this likely means offseason reps at LT as Albert holds out. In camp, they go at it, and most likely Albert secures his starting role. At that point they give Albert a shot at taking on Parnell for the RT spot... loser kicks inside.

Now go and show me a precise quote where Caldwell says he specifically won't play G because I must have missed it after listening carefully to the whole thing.

'02

Quote:You guys think we had Cam as the highest rated lineman in the whole draft?

Considering they took him over Lamp, I think so.

'02

Quote:He actually said "tackle" several times.  Not "left tackle." Not that I'm caught up in where he plays this year.  I just want the line to block better - whatever it takes. 

No, he clearly said "left tackle" a few times, but again each time he made sure to say "eventually," He used that exact word several times. Clearly the plan is for him to eventually be the LT, but I'm not buying that anything has been ruled out
regarding where he'll play as a rookie.

'02

Quote:He actually said "tackle" several times.  Not "left tackle." Not that I'm caught up in where he plays this year.  I just want the line to block better - whatever it takes. 
he said LT every time

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 07:42 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:No, he clearly said "left tackle" a few times, but again each time he made sure to say "eventually," He used that exact word several times. Clearly the plan is for him to eventually be the LT, but I'm not buying that anything has been ruled out
regarding where he'll play as a rookie.
he never said he was going to be a starter, he said he would compete with Albert and he specifically said (after being asked) he would not be moved to Guard...The question was something about him being able to play guard and if they would move him there...Caldwell said NO he's a LT and he will play LT 

Quote:he said LT every time
Doesn't matter - but he really did not say "left tackle" every time. 

"I think we'll leave him at tackle. Never say never. He's got the skill set to move inside if that's what you're asking." 

"We like him at tackle."

These are verbatim quotes. 

It's silly semantics really.  I mean, the kid will clearly be the starting left tackle for the jaguars at some point in the next year or two.  But there's a real possibility he plays somewhere else on the line until he wins that job. 

Doesn't matter to me. I really wanted the line addressed in round two or three and it happened, so I'm happy. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

Quote:he never said he was going to be a starter, he said he would compete with Albert and he specifically said (after being asked) he would not be moved to Guard...The question was something about him being able to play guard and if they would move him there...Caldwell said NO he's a LT and he will play LT 

I simply don't believe you. I believe you think this happened, but I heard nothing like it. I'll need you to find the exact video with the exact time that he said this. I'm waiting for the link and time or it didn't happen.

'02

Quote:For starters, not once did he say "he won't play guard." Go back and find the exact quote and state it because that was never said.

For another, every single time he mentioned Cam playing LT he either used the term "eventually" or talked about him competing with Albert.

They very well might end up kicking Cam inside, and quite frankly it doesn't matter what Caldwell just said. If Marrone ultimately wants to, it will happen.

I see it like this...

Cam will get a shot to compete with Albert, and this likely means offseason reps at LT as Albert holds out. In camp, they go at it, and most likely Albert secures his starting role. At that point they give Albert a shot at taking on Parnell for the RT spot... loser kicks inside.

Now go and show me a precise quote where Caldwell says he specifically won't play G because I must have missed it after listening carefully to the whole thing.
at the 35 second mark of the video, Caldwell is asked what position Robinson will play this year...Caldwell says "He'll be LT" at the 1.05 mark, Caldwell is asked if there is any chance he could move inside...Caldwell answered "I think we will leave him at tackle...for the time being, never say never but he does have the skill set to move inside if that's what you're asking"

These statements tell me they have no plans to move him inside, but as he said "never say never"... He did say he could be the eventual starter at LT, which tells me they plan on working him in slowly rather than  throwing him to the wolves by starting him right away unless he clearly wins the competition over Albert...http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...449f922bd3

Quote:at the 35 second mark of the video, Caldwell is asked what position Robinson will play this year...Caldwell says "He'll be LT" at the 1.05 mark, Caldwell is asked if there is any chance he could move inside...Caldwell answered "I think we will leave him at tackle...for the time being, never say never but he does have the skill set to move inside if that's what you're asking"

These statements tell me they have no plans to move him inside, but as he said "never say never"... He did say he could be the eventual starter at LT, which tells me they plan on working him in slowly rather than  throwing him to the wolves by starting him right away unless he clearly wins the competition over Albert...http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...449f922bd3

Thanks. I recall the same meaning he never did rule out him moving inside.

Also remember it really doesn't matter what Caldwell thinks once a player is on the roster. Marrone is going to do what's best for the team.

What I got out of the presser is that Caldwell is going to give Cam a legitimate chance to compete with Albert for the start. But short of that, anything goes. Should Albert retain his starting role, there's no reason to think Cam won't be starting his rookie season at either G or RT.

'02

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 08:59 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Thanks. I recall the same meaning he never did rule out him moving inside.

Also remember it really doesn't matter what Caldwell thinks once a player is on the roster. Marrone is going to do what's best for the team.

What I got out of the presser is that Caldwell is going to give Cam a legitimate chance to compete with Albert for the start. But short of that, anything goes. Should Albert retain his starting role, there's no reason to think Cam won't be starting his rookie season at either G or RT.
well I can't help but to keep saying Caldwell said he will be LT...as I posted in my last post, Caldwell was asked what position he would play THIS YEAR and he answered LT later he said "for the time being" but I can't get past the part where he said this year he will play LT