Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft Cam Robinson

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 09:08 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Listening to Caldwell now...

I've heard "chance to eventually start at tackle" and "he'll compete with Albert for LT"

later...

"...he should eventually be a big, massive tackle on the left side of the line."

and "he could be a left tackle for us"

...a lot of this "compete" and "eventual" talk regarding the LT spot, but nothing stating he'll start at LT as a rookie.

at the very end a reporter asks him specifically if Cam will start day one at LT, and Caldwell merely said, "we'll start the best player there."
Yea he is not beating Albert.  That is for sure.  He can beat Parnell though.  The only way he ends up Starting LT is Albert don't show up or don't care.  Which would hurt him on one final contract with any team. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yea he is not beating Albert.  That is for sure.  He can beat Parnell though.  The only way he ends up Starting LT is Albert don't show up or don't care.  Which would hurt him on one final contract with any team. 
No one said he absolutely has to start this year but I get your point 

Not sure if anyone posted this. Here's a good breakdown of Robinson vs Garrett

https://youtu.be/s1Dz6-Xs0Y0

Quote:Not sure if anyone posted this. Here's a good breakdown of Robinson vs Garrett

I seen breakdown against Barnette and Robinson is not ready to be a left tackle. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I seen breakdown against Barnette and Robinson is not ready to be a left tackle.

Which is why I think Albert will come back to play LT this year and Cam will either play LG or RT for a year or two.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 12:14 PM by Up North Jag.)

Quote:well I can't help but to keep saying Caldwell said he will be LT...as I posted in my last post, Caldwell was asked what position he would play THIS YEAR and he answered LT later he said "for the time being" but I can't get past the part where he said this year he will play LT
Tom said tackle, but then corrected himself and said "or, offensive lineman, as it would be"

His give to the inside is the only thing that really concerns me, watching some cut up on him.  Here is the A&M game highlighted here. He wins most but the dude narrating sees the same thing I see, speaking about a rush to his inside may exploit him.

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

Quote:Not sure if anyone posted this. Here's a good breakdown of Robinson vs Garrett

Oh, ok.. well yeah, there u go

Albert, Cann, Linder, Parnell, Robinson
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Definitely my favorite pick of the draft.... he will make a bigger impact on this team, than any of our other draft picks imho.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 04:31 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

They like Parnell at RT so if Can don't win LT he will be a G. Hopefully RG cause Cann was better at LG than RG.

Quote:You guys think we had Cam as the highest rated lineman in the whole draft?

I think that's most likely considering we traded up a draft pick to get him.  It was obvious the Jags didn't want to lose him and must have had him ranked significantly higher than Lamp.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

I'm getting really sick of 320+ pound players having a higher vertical jump than me.

..just sayin'

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

How does Robinson compare to Joeckel when he came out? Would Robinson have been drafted ahead of Joeckel?

Quote:How does Robinson compare to Joeckel when he came out? Would Robinson have been drafted ahead of Joeckel?

If anyone says yes they are lying. Joeckel was perceived by many as the best prospect of that draft and almost "can't-miss".

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2017, 02:09 PM by Up North Jag.)

Quote:I'm getting really sick of 320+ pound players having a higher vertical jump than me.

..just sayin'
Feel u. I can't lie, I felt a little inferior when I saw Marks dunk off vert. Joker a inch shota den me ann heavia den me... Annnn comin' off a ACL. En I caint' do dat~

Quote:If anyone says yes they are lying. Joeckel was perceived by many as the best prospect of that draft and almost "can't-miss".

I remeber that, true. I still wonder though bcs that draft class was perceived to be relatively weak

Quote:I remeber that, true. I still wonder though bcs that draft class was perceived to be relatively weak

True it was but not nearly as weak as it turned out. Joeckel was far and away the better prospect. The only thing Cam would have over him would be strength. I don't think that would be enough to be put over him.

Quote:How does Robinson compare to Joeckel when he came out? Would Robinson have been drafted ahead of Joeckel?

No. Joekel was considered a can't miss prospect.

'02

Quote:If anyone says yes they are lying. Joeckel was perceived by many as the best prospect of that draft and almost "can't-miss".

Had I read further before responding I would have just posted, "^^^^^What he said."

'02

The best part of Cams game is when he goes up against big names is when he plays his best.
<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]