Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Select Taven Bryant

(04-27-2018, 12:44 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:43 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: so Hernandez is the only guard in this draft class than can unseat Cann as the starter?

Of the remaining guards in the draft, he is the only one that I would bet on unseating Cann.

You know he’s still available right?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Reminds me when nobody wanted JJ Watt as we excitedly wanted a qb.

This time we drafted the smart pick instead of reaching for need

(04-27-2018, 12:41 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:36 AM)Predator Wrote: Campbell has rare height but is 300 lbs. Bryant has a thicker build than Campbell.

He is not 300 pounds.  Not even close.  Just because he's listed at that doesn't mean he plays at that weight.   Dude is easily 320 pounds.

Campbell is built like a DE. If he were normal height for a DE he would be the typical 275-280 range. If he had Bryant's build at 6-8 he could be 320 but he doesn't.

(04-27-2018, 12:50 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:44 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Of the remaining guards in the draft, he is the only one that I would bet on unseating Cann.

You know he’s still available right?

I believe the first words I wrote were, "Of the remaining..."

(04-26-2018, 11:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We are in win now mode, and they pick a DT? Wow.

When will he play? Preseason? Maybe a camp body?

Seriously man. We got Dareus, Jackson, Yannick, Campbell, Fowler, etc. We dont need a DT.

This reminds me of the year Gene Smith picked 2 DT's back to back. 

Im having flashbacks of Tyson Alualu. We needed offense.  Wow, I cant believe this pick.

They can't all play forever, you need youth behind your impact players...You don't wait until your impact players lose a step or 2 before you to try and find their replacements.

(04-27-2018, 12:51 AM)Predator Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:41 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: He is not 300 pounds.  Not even close.  Just because he's listed at that doesn't mean he plays at that weight.   Dude is easily 320 pounds.

Campbell is built like a DE. If he were normal height for a DE he would be the typical 275-280 range. If he had Bryant's build at 6-8 he could be 320 but he doesn't.

Alright man, you go ahead and believe that a player in his 11th season hasn't gained a pound since college.

(04-27-2018, 12:41 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:39 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Except if you had made a proper pick rather than a luxury pick, you could have had a starter that would upgrade your OL. I’ll root for the kid because he wears the teal. But I’m still unhappy with the FO and have lost some trust in their judgment.
There are still a lot of starter caliber talent on the Oline. 

Wait for the end of the draft to start questioning things.

It’s not like Tom and Dave have been consistently good drafters. 

Also, if you’re happy with “just a guy”, we already have that in Cann. 

Oh well. Maybe an impact player of some kind is available at the end of the 2nd round.....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-27-2018, 12:51 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:50 AM)knarnn Wrote: You know he’s still available right?

I believe the first words I wrote were, "Of the remaining..."

So why are you crying and pouting about missing on a player who’s still available?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I was initially really disappointed at this pick, but I did my research on the guy and came upon this video (and read 3 or 4 independent sites) and now I think he'll be a great player for us when we have to make the hard decision on Malik or Dareus next offseason and amazing depth should one get injured for a period of time.

I posted this in the College Football section but I'll post it here too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg__eL7qRws

Definitely great stuff by that guy

(04-27-2018, 12:54 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:51 AM)Predator Wrote: Campbell is built like a DE. If he were normal height for a DE he would be the typical 275-280 range. If he had Bryant's build at 6-8 he could be 320 but he doesn't.

Alright man, you go ahead and believe that a player in his 11th season hasn't gained a pound since college.

And you go ahead and pretend Campbell is built like a heavyset OT.

(04-27-2018, 12:57 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:51 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I believe the first words I wrote were, "Of the remaining..."

So why are you crying and pouting about missing on a player who’s still available?

Was I? I'm pretty sure someone asked if Hernandez was the only guard available who could unseat Cann and I said that he was the best bet. Maybe you were reading something else?

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 01:03 AM by JackCity.)

(04-27-2018, 12:56 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: There are still a lot of starter caliber talent on the Oline. 

Wait for the end of the draft to start questioning things.

It’s not like Tom and Dave have been consistently good drafters. 

Oh well. Maybe an impact player of some kind is available at the end of the 2nd round.....

Show me one team who are consistently good drafters.   

No I'm not happy with "just a guy". The reality is there are lots of good players left in the draft and lots of good linemen left in the draft. Cann is a well below average player.

(04-27-2018, 01:00 AM)Predator Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:54 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Alright man, you go ahead and believe that a player in his 11th season hasn't gained a pound since college.

And you go ahead and pretend Campbell is built like a heavyset OT.

What are you guys even arguing about.

Bortles got the grease.

Caldwell got the hole.

Fans got the watch.

(04-27-2018, 01:02 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:56 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: It’s not like Tom and Dave have been consistently good drafters. 

Show me one team who are consistently good drafters.   

No I'm not happy with "just a guy". The reality is there are lots of good players left in the draft and lots of good linemen left in the draft. Cann is a well below average player.

(04-27-2018, 01:00 AM)Predator Wrote: And you go ahead and pretend Campbell is built like a heavyset OT.

I have no idea. People want to argue that Taven Bryan and Calais Campbell are clones for whatever reason.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/taven-brya...c2f41a69d1

They just gush over his upside and raw brute strength

Taven Bryan: A surprise at No. 29

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...fd4bb535b8

DL Taven Bryan on being selected by the Jaguars with the No. 29 overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft: 'I was honestly actually really surprised'

(04-27-2018, 12:58 AM)JNev Wrote: I was initially really disappointed at this pick, but I did my research on the guy and came upon this video (and read 3 or 4 independent sites) and now I think he'll be a great player for us when we have to make the hard decision on Malik or Dareus next offseason and amazing depth should one get injured for a period of time.

I posted this in the College Football section but I'll post it here too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg__eL7qRws

Definitely great stuff by that guy

Agree, it was underwhelming because DL is the strength of the team, but Bryan clearly has a lot of potential.  If he went back to school he probably would've been a top 15 pick.  Guy is an athletic freak that jumps off the screen.  That's clear from the very first play in that video.

(04-27-2018, 01:07 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 01:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Show me one team who are consistently good drafters.   

I have no idea.  People want to argue that Taven Bryan and Calais Campbell are clones for whatever reason.
I never said they were clones. I just pointed out how you were exaggerating Campbell's weight.

Probably the most underwhelming draft pick in years. So glad I went to see Infinity War instead.

(04-26-2018, 11:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: I picked him in our board mock draft for Philly. He’s a Calais clone and future pro bowler.

(04-27-2018, 01:36 AM)Predator Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 01:07 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I have no idea.  People want to argue that Taven Bryan and Calais Campbell are clones for whatever reason.
I never said they were clones. I just pointed out how you were exaggerating Campbell's weight.

I didn't say that you did, specifically. I replied to someone saying he was and then was met with resistance from several people, including yourself.