Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Select Taven Bryant

(04-26-2018, 11:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/24/1...wn-florida

I love this line. The dude has heart and hunger.

"So you end up with this picture of a guy looking like the proverbial blind dog in a meat house just running around without paying attention to his keys, when it may have been (probably was) that he was coached to play that way as part of the game plan."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You guys are insane..what pick should we have made? I honestly believe hurst was our guy but he was gone. Bryan is a Coughlin pick through and through. I’m good with it
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(04-27-2018, 01:51 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: I picked him in our board mock draft for Philly. He’s a Calais clone and future pro bowler.

(04-27-2018, 01:36 AM)Predator Wrote: I never said they were clones. I just pointed out how you were exaggerating Campbell's weight.

I didn't say that you did, specifically.  I replied to someone saying he was and then was met with resistance from several people, including yourself.

You made that claim in response to a direct reference to our conversation so you are specifically saying I did.

(04-27-2018, 02:02 AM)Predator Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 01:51 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I didn't say that you did, specifically.  I replied to someone saying he was and then was met with resistance from several people, including yourself.

You made that claim in response to a direct reference to our conversation so you are specifically saying I did.

Stop arguing with every single thing that I say. If you came here just to be contrarian to everything, then go somewhere else. Sheesh.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 02:13 AM by Upper.)

(04-27-2018, 02:00 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: You guys are insane..what pick should we have made? I honestly believe hurst was our guy but he was gone. Bryan is a Coughlin pick through and through. I’m good with it

Well if you asked this 5 minutes before the pick everyone would have said our needs are G, TE, and WR with a smattering of QB, LB, and nickel CB mixed in...and Hernandez, Daniels, Goedert, Sutton, Jackson, and Rudolph were on the board. So any of those guys.

Bryan was a fine gamble pick, and no one is denying he has great upside, but there were equivalent talents at positions of bigger need.

(04-27-2018, 02:05 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 02:02 AM)Predator Wrote: You made that claim in response to a direct reference to our conversation so you are specifically saying I did.

Stop arguing with every single thing that I say.  If you came here just to be contrarian to everything, then go somewhere else.  Sheesh.
If you don't like it then quit spouting a bunch of BS or go somewhere else yourself.

BTW, you were right. Campbell did gain weight since college. 290 at the combine to his present 300.

Reminds me of Justin Smith

Coughlin seems way on-board and Caldwell seems satisfied. I’m guessing Caldwell’s guy went in the previous eight picks. It happens. They both immediately said he was the top rated player on their board. I’ll take it. Loved Marrone telling him he better be able to lift tomorrow, and loved Bryan’s respect for our Dline players in interviews. Let’s get to work.

Still six more rounds people, it’s ok.

I keep hearing why waste a pick on a 4th string DT or when will he play. Yall do watch Jags football right? we need at least 8 starting DL to rotate through out the game. Did you not see with some injuries some DL players at the end of the AFCCG with thier hands on their hips. 12 starting DL would work for me. More pressure More pressure More pressure that is what beats the PATS and wins Championships. BAP left on the Jags board means its a good pick. Still can get OL tomorrow.

I would of took Lamar but it is not a bad pick,almost no defensive lineman plays every down he will help this year

Yannick-Fowler
Dareus-Jones
Jackson-Bryant
Campbell-Smoot

Absolutely loaded on D-Line....insane talent and depth

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 03:31 AM by Andy G.)

I think there are other positions on the roster which should have been (and could have been) upgraded with the 29th pick.

But I guess this pick shows us Coughlin and Caldwell believe we are ok at TE, OG, WR, CB, LB etc - or at least they are happy adding competition later in the draft.

They also appear happy taking on a raw project, rather than looking for a player with the skills to contribute now.

I think this is the surprise for a lot of people.

This draft is very deep at Nickel/Guard/Linebacker and you can typically find good players at those positions later in the draft

Okay, so next Positions will be TE, LB or potentially OLine.

Im happy we didnt draft a WR and after Hurst went, Im happy to see which TE falls to us in round 2. Obviously, leaving Jackson on the board might hurt in a few years if he develops into a Starter, but it wouldnt have sent Bortles the right signals after the last few weeks.
Its gonna be an unspectacular draft for fans, not many skill positions will be addressed on offense. QB #2-3 will be a late pick or undrafted FA

By the end of the draft, the same nay sayers gonna be singing songs of yays and praise. I think back to when we passed up on Watt while trading up for Gabbert. U really dont know how these things will pan out for any team. For any player
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Probably not surprised he was taken at the bottom of the 1st round but more surprised he went to a team that has an established defensive line and pro bowl talent... he will have to earn his playing time.
No pain, no gain.

Not sure why everyone is so bummed about this pick, yes it's not a sexy pick, but it makes great sense. We were very fortunate that we didn't have any major injuries last year. Adding depth to the DL is a great idea, when you couple that with future potential and the need to cut one of our expensive guys next year, this pick makes perfect sense.

As for Jackson, he ain't a franchise QB, otherwise he'd have gone quicker. I also get the people who wanted Hernandez, but I think there are other guards still out there

Ok after waking up (after a 2 hours sleep lol) I'm definitely starting to appreciate the pick more.

I was prepared for us to take a defensive talent that was still on the board still I wasn't expecting Hernandez to be still there at 29 and that's why I was disappointed when we didn't select him.
I think Taven Bryan will be a good player especially in the long run as we won't be able to keep everyone on our Dline.

(04-27-2018, 04:34 AM)crouchy22 Wrote: Not sure why everyone is so bummed about this pick, yes it's not a sexy pick, but it makes great sense. We were very fortunate that we didn't have any major injuries last year. Adding depth to the DL is a great idea, when you couple that with future potential and the need to cut one of our expensive guys next year, this pick makes perfect sense.

As for Jackson, he ain't a franchise QB, otherwise he'd have gone quicker. I also get the people who wanted Hernandez, but I think there are other guards still out there

In the happy, meh, or mad thread Bryan was mentioned one whole time and it was in the meh section. That pretty much encapsulates what we all thought about it before the homerism that has to validate all things front office kicked in. No one should really be happy or mad about it, it was a perfectly middle of the road pick.

You guys can spin it anyway you want, the fact is there were better players to be had. We picked a raw player in the first round who will hardly play right away.