Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee has been our best receiver this year

What has happened to the two Allen's? It's not like we're playing elite defenses...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lee playing well is no shock to many, but AR-15 just straight dropping passes left and right is a bit startling. 

Hurns' decline likely has a lot to do with getting his bell rung going over the middle too many times this year already.  He'll bounce back. Robinson probably will too, but they know their QB is struggling and that's the root problem. 

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 05:25 PM by jseymour.)

The other receivers would catch more if all the passes were not behind and above them all the time.

But, yes, Lee is the leader right now.

The entire offense just looks uncomfortable out there

It's Bortles. He can't hit his receivers in stride, ever!
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

They have no fire, energy, or swagger. They just run out there and expect to fail. That's what it really looks like. No faith in the game plan or themselves. They're setup to fail before the game even starts.

I don't care if ARob is dropping the ball. You don't throw it to Lee in the end zone with 2 to 3 people on him. We have tried to throw to Lee twice in the end zone throughout the year along with Lewis. It makes no sense.

Quote:I don't care if ARob is dropping the ball. You don't throw it to Lee in the end zone with 2 to 3 people on him. We  Bortles has
 tried to throw to Lee twice in the end zone throughout the year along with Lewis. It makes no sense.

I don't understand why people think he's only got one option on those throws to Lee. 

The one to Lewis looked like a "one read" play, granted. 

Also - Lee made a great TD reception on that same play vs the Giants last year. 

Rashad Green blocked me on Twitter there.

Can't wait to see Lamar Jackson slinging 80 yd darts to 'Qise.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

It's all Bortles folks, don't overthink it. We have firepower on offense.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 06:37 PM by Caldrac.)

Lee is benefiting from Robinson and Hurns eating up attention. That's not a knock on him. It's an indicment on how poorly this offensive coaching staff has failed to be creative or thought of moving Robinson around to free him up. Bortles hasn't been perfect. But as an offense overall it's failed miserably this year. Too many dropped passes. Too many missed passes. Too many holding calls and personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conducts. No push up front in the running game. It's just been a total overall regression this year so far through six games. I am not seeing any adjustments being made to get your star players open at all.

Robinson had a HUGE target painted on him after 2015. Hurns got paid a pretty nice extension this year. Olson needs to think of something. When you look at teams like Pittsburgh with Brown, Atlanta with Jones, New York with Beckham Jr. and Cincinatti with Green. They figure out how to get their star receivers open. They move them in and out of the slot. They play them at X, Y & Z. They stack receivers on their side to run legal pick plays and rub routes that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady made popular over the last fifteen years of football.

You just don't see that creativity on this offense. The bland up the gut runs on first and second downs which nine times out of ten puts this offense in an obvious third and long passing situation. It's just been staggeringly brutal to watch as a fan this season.

They all have a lot of soul searching to do as players. From the top down. Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Thomas, Lee, Yeldon & Ivory. The entire group of lineman. They need to dig down and pull it together. Because I hate to say this. I simply do not see this coaching staff doing it for them. Because they seem to keep calling the same style of offense over and over again. Bradley doesn't know enough about offense to correct Olson whose maybe set in his ways apparently. But nothing is going to change at this point. They either figure out or they don't at this point. It's a shame I have to say that. Since, you know, part of being a coach is all about making adjustments and changes on your team and your philosophy when it's clearly struggling or hasn't been working.

Look at what Zimmer has had to do with the Vikings this year. Look at what Belicheck has had to do without Brady for four games this year and with two different quarterbacks. Good coaches make good decisions and adjustments. This team doesn't have that.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:The other receivers would catch more if all the passes were not behind and above them all the time.

But, yes, Lee is the leader right now.

They are outright dropping passes. You can't blame Bortles for that.

Quote:It's all Bortles folks, don't overthink it. We have firepower on offense.

You are underthinking it if you think it is all Bortles.

Quote:Lee is benefiting from Robinson and Hurns eating up attention. That's not a knock on him. It's an indicment on how poorly this offensive coaching staff has failed to be creative or thought of moving Robinson around to free him up. 

Robinson has been consistently open.  He's getting bad passes and/or dropping good ones. His separation is about the same, but his hands are slumping and his QB is too. 

Quote:Rashad Green blocked me on Twitter there.

You probably deserved it.