Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Kanye is on to something”

Our new TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins on Twitter...

“Kanye is on to something”

Maybe he meant it as a joke.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is on to something. And that something is bad news for the left.

Yeah, from what I read about it, he's speaking the truth about the left and the Democratic PArty
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

West is nothing if not an astute businessman.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

To be fair, when you read more of ASJs tweets, he doesn’t seem to agree with Kanye West, but is enjoying the debate he’s provoked.

Here’s another of his tweets...

“Just bringing up Kanye’s name now brings up healthy debate. I don’t agree with him and some stuff he says is outlandish but man he gets the people thinking. AND that is cool and good for us all.”

Having initially wondered where ASJ was going with this, I’m now starting to like him...

(05-05-2018, 02:30 PM)Andy G Wrote: To be fair, when you read more of ASJs tweets, he doesn’t seem to agree with Kanye West, but is enjoying the debate he’s provoked.

“Just bringing up Kanye’s name now brings up healthy debate. I don’t agree with him and some stuff he says is outlandish but man he gets the people thinking. AND that is cool and good for us all.”

Having initially wondered where ASJ was going with this, I’m now starting to like him...

The conversation needed to be started.  I would have never guessed Kanye would be the one to do it.  I think people need to realize they are not left or right, they are somewhere between those parties and if we could just find a middle ground we could get out of this heads vs tails game.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Wow. There is nothing about Kanye West I like or agree with but I understand what he's saying. All of us- and I mean ALL OF US- have something we are stuck with mentally and emotionally. We are in a prison of sorts from that thing. 

Sadly for an entire group of people it's slavery and people (and this nation) will never move forward as long as people on either side of it don't have a healthy conversation about it.

(05-05-2018, 08:19 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 02:30 PM)Andy G Wrote: To be fair, when you read more of ASJs tweets, he doesn’t seem to agree with Kanye West, but is enjoying the debate he’s provoked.

The conversation needed to be started.  I would have never guessed Kanye would be the one to do it.  I think people need to realize they are not left or right, they are somewhere between those parties and if we could just find a middle ground we could get out of this heads vs tails game.

Whatever, there's a dime's worth of difference between the two parties.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not a fan of his to begin with. Too much ego and he's said a ton of dumb [BLEEP] in the past. But this is really nothing new. After the election he went off during one of his shows about how the media and Facebook lied to the Democratic loyalists. And then soon afterwards he was admitted into a psych ward for "mental instability" by his wife and family.

A lot of it is just for show. And he's probably aiming for a ridiculous 2020 run. Either way. His views regarding the left, the media and Trump this year really isn't new news.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-07-2018, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not a fan of his to begin with. Too much ego and he's said a ton of dumb [BLEEP] in the past. But this is really nothing new. After the election he went off during one of his shows about how the media and Facebook lied to the Democratic loyalists. And then soon afterwards he was admitted into a psych ward for "mental instability" by his wife and family.

A lot of it is just for show. And he's probably aiming for a ridiculous 2020 run. Either way. His views regarding the left, the media and Trump this year really isn't new news.

I must be missing something. The OP didn't link to anything so I googled "Kanye West" to see what came up. The website I read from (don't remember which one) just mentioned tweets about slavery being a mindset now, 400 years after the fact, or something like that, and there needs to be discussion about it. That is what my reply to it was about. I thought it weird that I would agree with anything he says.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 03:37 PM by pirkster.)

Everyone should question themselves.  Everyone should question their beliefs, who taught them those beliefs, and seek to understand why they were taught those beliefs.  Only on a strong foundation can you develop a meaningful and fulfilling worldview free from hate, anger, anxiety, self-destruction, and negativity.

The root of the good of this country comes from self-sufficiency and achievement - the pursuit of happiness and a better life for all.  There are dark forces who are against everything to do with that, and truly don't have any good reason to be that way, and don't have the self-awareness to realize that's even their destructive worldview.

Ideally, we keep learning, growing, maturing as we gain experience.  My experience took me from center, right, left, and back to center again to find equilibrium and balance.  Hard to do, especially what's supposedly "left" and "right" in today's politics are now both well left of center (and not close.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."