Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Parents Take 30-Year-Old Son To Court To Evict Him From Their Home

Parents Take 30-Year-Old Son To Court To Evict Him From Their Home

A couple in New York state is very interested in experiencing empty-nest syndrome so they’re kicking their son out of their house.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/05...ion-court/
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ouch.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I suspect there is a deeper issue and this won't work. Well specifically, they might get him to leave for a month with the rent, but then when hes broke in a month sleeping on friends couch's till hes finally homeless, they will end up taking him back if they are decent.

Maybe not the exact scenario but a I knew someone who had a similar 'failure to launch' issue. He was sent out on his own with three months of rent multiple times before his parents finally realized that wasn't working and the only way he would be out the house permanently was if they got him somewhere else to stay or just accepted he would become homeless. They bought him a trailer on a small piece of land for cheap (kept in their name so he couldn't sell it) and told him it was living there or the streets. Best decision they made. He's still going from job to job and always having money problems, but he isn't waiting for them at home, and they have done as much as anyone could expect for him.

I feel for the parents, they are trying to get this guy to go live life, but sometimes people just aren't right. And a lot of them end up homeless if the family just 'kicks them out' like society says is the answer. I saw it many times in the wards I used to work in.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

When I see stuff like this, I just can't imagine it being real... but in today's society it is.  I remember when I couldn't wait to turn 18 just so I could move out and be on my own.  I wanted freedom and independence.  Sure I struggled in my early years, but I always found a way to get by and learned about life.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I saw this guy being interviewed the other day on CNN. I don't think I've ever wanted to beat someone senseless in my entire life. Talk about a lazy, entitled, sack of crap! All he did was whine and complain how it wasn't fair that his parents were trying to kick him out on the streets. He won't get a job and he lost custody of his son, (I wonder why? I say, sarcastically.) He said he can't get a job, because he is fighting to get his kid back and that is like having a full time job. Really? If I were his parents, I'd be tempted to wait until he was out running an errand. I'd gather up any belongings I treasured and I'd burn the house to the ground! That might be the only way to get rid of him. Even after the judge ruled against him, he still has no plans to leave. He said his parents were awful people and he no longer has any relationship with them and they don't even speak, yet he refuses to leave their house. Unbelievable!

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2018, 04:59 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-22-2018, 08:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: When I see stuff like this, I just can't imagine it being real... but in today's society it is.  I remember when I couldn't wait to turn 18 just so I could move out and be on my own.  I wanted freedom and independence.  Sure I struggled in my early years, but I always found a way to get by and learned about life.

I did stay with my parents longer than I wanted to, but I worked the entire time and I would cook meals and help around the house. I was also saving up money to buy my own home. When I finally did come into a little money, as a token of my gratitude, I paid off what was left of my parents mortgage. It wasn't a huge amount, as they had paid off the vast majority of it, but it was enough where I felt good about repaying them and they were very appreciative that I would do it. I can't imagine leeching off them and being so disrespectful and lazy, like this guy is.

For most people the first step out is marriage or a room mate in a run down apartment. Now these kids don't want to leave unless they get 4 bedrooms in 2500 square feet all to themselves. But really, I can't imagine being even 20 and bringing "home" a date/girlfriend to my parent's house. Talk about a mood killer for the girl.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-25-2018, 07:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: For most people the first step out is marriage or a room mate in a run down apartment. Now these kids don't want to leave unless they get 4 bedrooms in 2500 square feet all to themselves. But really, I can't imagine being even 20 and bringing "home" a date/girlfriend to my parent's house. Talk about a mood killer for the girl.

So let me get this straight, you WOULDN'T want your dad behind you cheering you on?..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

In sure a life of enablement and zero responsibility led these parents to where they are today. While pathetic I dont feel sorry for them. This type of thing is preventable by simply being a decent parent.

(05-25-2018, 07:46 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 07:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: For most people the first step out is marriage or a room mate in a run down apartment. Now these kids don't want to leave unless they get 4 bedrooms in 2500 square feet all to themselves. But really, I can't imagine being even 20 and bringing "home" a date/girlfriend to my parent's house. Talk about a mood killer for the girl.

So let me get this straight, you WOULDN'T want your dad behind you cheering you on?..

It's kind of like the Prostate exam, if the doc puts a hand on your shoulder it's kind of reassuring, but it's terrifying when you feel the second one up there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-25-2018, 09:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 07:46 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So let me get this straight, you WOULDN'T want your dad behind you cheering you on?..

It's kind of like the Prostate exam, if the doc puts a hand on your shoulder it's kind of reassuring, but it's terrifying when you feel the second one up there.

So, is your dad a doc? I'm confused..  Laughing
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Funny thing is I got more tail when I lived with my parents than i do now lol. I'd like to think I havent grown THAT much uglier in a year..

(05-25-2018, 11:31 AM)talentedkalamari Wrote:

Funny thing is I got more tail when I lived with my parents than i do now lol. I'd like to think I havent grown THAT much uglier in a year..

You probably had more money when you lived at home. That makes a difference.  Smile

Too late for an abortion?