Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Medical Marijuana to Treat Opioid Addiction

Pennsylvania Becomes First State to Approve Medical Marijuana to Treat Opioid Addiction

Pennsylvania added four new illnesses to its Medical Marijuana Program’s list of qualifying conditions on Monday, May 14, 2018. One is opioid-use disorder.

The inclusion of opioid addiction on its list of qualifying conditions, bringing it up to 21, makes the Keystone state the first in the country to accept addiction as an illness that can be treated with medical cannabis.

http://ukhealthmagz.org/2018/06/05/penns...addiction/
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's see if AG Sessions gets heavy with an important swing state and bucks Big Pharma.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018, 02:29 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Sounds good, but it doesn't work.

My best friend is a opioid addict..he also smokes pot. As do A LOT of other opioid addicts. Opioid addiction is like being addicted to herion, it's a hell of a addiction. Smoking pot isn't just going to magically break that grip.

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, but I'm also not naive and believe it's going be any kind of solution and curve this country's opioid problem.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018, 11:04 AM by Inziladun.)

To be fair your opiod addict friend who also smokes pot, very likely isn't using pot as a therapeutic crutch to curb his opiod addiction nor is he using prescribed THC/CBD oils or pills. He just happens to smoke Pot AND has an opiod addiction not sufficient enough data to reach the conclusion you've came to.

It's the same logic as saying a lot of opiod users smoke pot, therefore pot smoking leads to opiod use.

(06-06-2018, 11:01 AM)Inziladun Wrote: To be fair your opiod addict friend who also smokes pot, very likely isn't using pot as a therapeutic crutch to curb his opiod addiction nor is he using prescribed THC/CBD oils or pills. He just happens to smoke Pot AND has an opiod addiction not sufficient enough data to reach the conclusion you've came to.

It's the same logic as saying a lot of opiod users smoke pot, therefore pot smoking leads to opiod use.

Well, 10 years from now we'll have a lot more data from this experiment, so we'll have to revisit it. My expectations aren't very high, but we'll see.

I think cracking down on the access to these drugs and the crooked doctors who hand them out like sweetarts through pill mills (shady pain management clinics) would be much more effective. They need to start locking these quacks up.

(06-05-2018, 01:03 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Sounds good, but it doesn't work.

My best friend is a opioid addict..he also smokes pot. As do A LOT of other opioid addicts. Opioid addiction is like being addicted to herion, it's a hell of a addiction. Smoking pot isn't just going to magically break that grip.

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, but I'm also not naive and believe it's going be any kind of solution and curve this countries opioid problem.

Heroin basically is an opiate so that was more correct than you might have realized.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, but I'm also not naive and believe it's going be any kind of solution and curve this countries opioid problem.

I actually agree here. 
Medical marijuana is a great way to prevent opioid addiction by using it instead of...
But once addicted to opioids I think you need much more help than THC can provide...
Medical help to get through the physical withdrawal along most importantly but also mental help.... Opioids are no joke.

(06-06-2018, 09:59 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

Heroin basically is an opiate so that was more correct than you might have realized.

Yes. When they use the term opioid they are mostly referring to heroin.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-06-2018, 11:53 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 11:01 AM)Inziladun Wrote: To be fair your opiod addict friend who also smokes pot, very likely isn't using pot as a therapeutic crutch to curb his opiod addiction nor is he using prescribed THC/CBD oils or pills. He just happens to smoke Pot AND has an opiod addiction not sufficient enough data to reach the conclusion you've came to.

Well, 10 years from now we'll have a lot more data from this experiment, so we'll have to revisit it. My expectations aren't very high, but we'll see.

I think cracking down on the access to these drugs and the crooked doctors who hand them out like sweetarts through pill mills (shady pain management clinics) would be much more effective. They need to start locking these quacks up.

Cracking down on pill mills has exacerbated the problem, because people prevented from buying prescription Oxycodone end up buying heroin off the street instead. The impure heroin sold on the street is much more likely to result in death.

There's really no easy solution.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-08-2018, 12:05 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 11:53 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well, 10 years from now we'll have a lot more data from this experiment, so we'll have to revisit it. My expectations aren't very high, but we'll see.

Cracking down on pill mills has exacerbated the problem, because people prevented from buying prescription Oxycodone end up buying heroin off the street instead. The impure heroin sold on the street is much more likely to result in death.

There's really no easy solution.

The solution is to leave people to their own devices.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-05-2018, 11:18 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Let's see if AG Sessions gets heavy with an important swing state and bucks Big Pharma.

Sessions has to crawl out from underneath whatever rock he's hiding under today for that to happen.