Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Regression of Blake Bortles

52 turnovers in 36 games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fire Olson. Promote Hackett to OC. If Hackett (his QB coach) can't get the most out of Bortles and put him in the best situation then clean house.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I know I'm in the minority. But I'm going to give Blake a pass until he gets a competent HC who can quantify perfection and demands nothing but perfection. I believe in Blake.

Quote:He certainly looks better right now. It's kinda scary watching other teams throw replacement QBs out there and they immediately look better than our supposed franchise QB. It reminds me of the Gabbert days.

There's something pretty obvious that both Garoppolo and Jones have that Bortles doesn't.

Quote:There's something pretty obvious that both Garoppolo and Jones have that Bortles doesn't.
Ability to locate the open receiver and not force the ball into coverage? 

Watching the Patriots now and Belichick just said Brady has to take better decisions. I mean...he's been almost perfect in the first half.

Can't imagine what he'd have said if Bortles played for him lol.

Quote:Ability to locate the open receiver and not force the ball into coverage? 

Bortles is playing bad football right now, but comparing Super Bowl caliber teams with Hall of Fame caliber coaches trotting out a backup QB for a game or two to this situation isn't really the same . Belichick/McDaniels and Tomlin/Haley are masters at game planning and giving their players in the best chance to succeed and it's pretty apparent the same cannot be said about our staff.

Bortles hasn't been good but the running Game is so putrid. I can't think of a young qb who could succeed in that situation.

Not to mention some of these game plans...

Quote:Bortles is playing bad football right now, but comparing Super Bowl caliber teams with Hall of Fame caliber coaches trotting out a backup QB for a game or two to this situation isn't really the same . Belichick/McDaniels and Tomlin/Haley are masters at game planning and giving their players in the best chance to succeed and it's pretty apparent the same cannot be said about our staff.
Absolutely. 

Blake's mistakes could be mitigated more effectively by a better staff. 

Bb5 is a bust. Fire the head coach and let the new coach figure out what he wants to do.

I guarantee you that bortles is not the long term answer at qb. Bottles sucks.

Quote:Ok I'll bite, what tools does he have sir? 

It's not his mechanics.

It's not his accuracy.

It's not his pre snap reads.

It's not his ball placement.

It's not his field vision.

It's not his decision making.

He has plus durability we think, and he is pretty athletic for a QB his size. Try to make a franchise QB out of that...

Pretty much nail on head here.

Quote:Blake is the one that is holding this offense back.

The closest to being true right here
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Fire the head coach and let the new coach figure out what he wants to do.

Thats definitely going to happen.  Just a matter of "when."

It's also doubtful that a new coach doesn't insist upon drafting or signing an upgrade to Bortles. 

Quote:Ok I'll bite, what tools does he have sir?

It's not his mechanics.

It's not his accuracy.

It's not his pre snap reads.

It's not his ball placement.

It's not his field vision.

It's not his decision making.

He has plus durability we think, and he is pretty athletic for a QB his size. Try to make a franchise QB out of that...

He's good at washing down a plate of chicken wings and curly fries with a big pitcher of beer down at the beach bars.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Watching the Patriots now and Belichick just said Brady has to take better decisions. I mean...he's been almost perfect in the first half.

Can't imagine what he'd have said if Bortles played for him lol.

Just shows the level of discipline, BB doesn't accept trash.  Its clear Bradley lets Bortles do what he wants.

For once I'd like to see a Jaguar key-position player bust his [BLEEP] in consecutive years and get better

I've only seen improvement in kickers like Myers

Quote:For once I'd like to see a Jaguar key-position player bust his [BAD WORD REMOVED] in consecutive years and get better

I've only seen improvement in kickers like Myers
Poz got better.

Telvin looks better. 

Lee got better. 

Linder made a position switch and looks "as good." 

Still  --  you're right that player development (overall) is a weak link in this organization. 

I feel bad cus the staff and the rest of the team are just gonna wear those guys above out

We need a new QB its as simple as that

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators