Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
'I just let loose': Memphis man kills two intruders with AK-47

(06-06-2018, 05:52 PM)lastonealive Wrote: No I don't click drifters links and I missed the quote subsequent.

But fox is msm so could be fake news?

The latter quote in my post earlier is from CBS. Cameras in the man's home apparently at least suggest he indeed acted in self defense. One of the intruders did fire a weapon at the man and the other tried to do so as well but his gun jammed.  The home owner finally retrieved his own weapon and killed the two intruders on his patio. 

Still under investigation. No charges filed "at this time."  It does seem the man was justified by the laws in place. 

The loss of life (especially the 17 year old) is tragic to me. Stupid kid had plenty of time to get himself turned around and we can only speculate what may have gotten him involved in something so stupid at such a young age. 
I don't understand the desire to celebrate or champion such a death.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018, 07:21 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(06-06-2018, 06:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 05:52 PM)lastonealive Wrote: No I don't click drifters links and I missed the quote subsequent.

But fox is msm so could be fake news?

The latter quote in my post earlier is from CBS. Cameras in the man's home apparently at least suggest he indeed acted in self defense. One of the intruders did fire a weapon at the man and the other tried to do so as well but his gun jammed.  The home owner finally retrieved his own weapon and killed the two intruders on his patio. 

Still under investigation. No charges filed "at this time."  It does seem the man was justified by the laws in place. 

The loss of life (especially the 17 year old) is tragic to me. Stupid kid had plenty of time to get himself turned around and we can only speculate what may have gotten him involved in something so stupid at such a young age. 

Looking at Demond Robinson's family's Facebook accounts, they're posting pictures of Robinson holding guns and is an active gang member. His Instagram account includes him with guns as well. He's young, sure, but he's plenty old enough to know that breaking into homes and carrying guns can reasonably end in his death. My approach is that the world is better off with these two dead. It's harsh and I'd like to think that this 17-year-old would have turned his life around, but the odds aren't in his favor. I feel that, had he continued this behavior, that he would have killed someone. And it's because of that that I'm not sad that he died.

(06-06-2018, 06:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 06:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The latter quote in my post earlier is from CBS. Cameras in the man's home apparently at least suggest he indeed acted in self defense. One of the intruders did fire a weapon at the man and the other tried to do so as well but his gun jammed.  The home owner finally retrieved his own weapon and killed the two intruders on his patio. 

Looking at Demond Robinson's family's Facebook accounts, they're posting pictures of Robinson holding guns and is an active gang member. His Instagram account includes him with guns as well. He's young, sure, but he's plenty old enough to know that breaking into homes and carrying guns can reasonably end in his death. My approach is that the world is better off with these two dead. It's harsh and I'd like to think that this 17-year-old would have turned his life around, but the odds aren't in his favor. I feel that, had he continued this behavior, that he would have killed someone. And it's because of that that I'm not sad that he died.

I see and appreciate your perspective, and that information you've added lends a bit of support to it. 

In the same way that you feel he would have killed someone (and he may have), another may feel that after escaping this incident alive and serving time he may have been able to right the ship. 

Regardless - evidence seems to be continuing to mount that he put himself squarely and knowingly in harm's way here. The kid may well have been guilty of the disregard for human life that I was taking issue with in this thread, but I have a hard time stomaching the celebration of a young man's death. Especially in absence of all of the facts.

NYC, there is an Old Saying that goes something like this........

"Live by the sword, Die by the sword"

I have absolutely no sympathy for punks like that
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Your lack of empathy and access to firearms. Glad I'm not in your community

(06-06-2018, 10:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Your lack of empathy and access to firearms. Glad I'm not in your community

Your sense of morality is warped such that you have more sympathy for the criminal than the actual victim. That makes me glad that you dont have access to firearms as well, you'd be arresting the homeowner like they do in England.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-06-2018, 11:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 10:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Your lack of empathy and access to firearms. Glad I'm not in your community

Your sense of morality is warped such that you have more sympathy for the criminal than the actual victim. That makes me glad that you dont have access to firearms as well, you'd be arresting the homeowner like they do in England.

[Image: friday-damn-gif-4.gif]

Could you quote any sympathy I have expressed?

Also you misunderstand British law I think. But then Fox News thinks Birmingham is a no go zone for anyone but Muslims. I assume you get your news from there so understand why you may be ill-informed

(06-06-2018, 04:57 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wooo vigilante 

Twist it how you want, but your disdain for self-defense as vigilantism is support for the criminal.

As for the other, all you have to do is Ask The Police.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q589.htm

And yes, the source is credible, I don't watch Fox News:
 The PNLD (Police National Legal Database) is a business service of the Police and Crime Commissioner West Yorkshire. For over 20 years PNLD has been providing up to date, accurate online legal information, including legislative guidance, case law and national standard offence wordings to the police services of England and Wales. PNLD subscriptions are available to support all those with an interest in law, for more information please visit www.pnld.co.uk
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

... The home of Locke.... The Magna Carta.... Wow...

(06-06-2018, 10:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Glad I'm not in your community

So are we.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-06-2018, 07:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  

In the same way that you feel he would have killed someone (and he may have), another may feel that after escaping this incident alive and serving time he may have been able to right the ship. 

Regardless - evidence seems to be continuing to mount that he put himself squarely and knowingly in harm's way here. The kid may well have been guilty of the disregard for human life that I was taking issue with in this thread, but I have a hard time stomaching the celebration of a young man's death. Especially in absence of all of the facts.

Statistically speaking, how likely do you think it is that this hood would ever "right the ship"?  Do you really believe this will be a wake-up call to his fellow gang members and they'll all become model citizens?

Yes, it's tragic that circumstances exist that cause so many young men to chose such a life, but those who do are a threat to our society.  The threat count has just been reduced by two and I'm happy about that.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Every loss is tragic. But when it comes to whether the good guys (guy defending his property) survive or the bad guys (invaders attempting to take life/property,) it makes me happy the good guys prevailed vs. the alternative.

Neighborhoods don't improve because those with the drive to pull themselves out don't go back. For those stuck there, there's pressure to stay (and to stay hood - not improve yourself or the hood.) You can't help those who refuse to be helped. There is a lot of resentment in neighborhoods against those who refuse to follow the dead end path and dedicate themselves to bettering themselves and their lives. For those looking to make a change for themselves, Ed Latimore is a fantastic author and Twitter follow.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 05:36 PM by lastonealive.)

(06-07-2018, 06:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 04:57 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wooo vigilante 

Twist it how you want, but your disdain for self-defense as vigilantism is support for the criminal.

As for the other, all you have to do is Ask The Police.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q589.htm

And yes, the source is credible, I don't watch Fox News:
 The PNLD (Police National Legal Database) is a business service of the Police and Crime Commissioner West Yorkshire. For over 20 years PNLD has been providing up to date, accurate online legal information, including legislative guidance, case law and national standard offence wordings to the police services of England and Wales. PNLD subscriptions are available to support all those with an interest in law, for more information please visit www.pnld.co.uk

Yes you seem to not understand the law.

Golf clubs and baseball bats are sports equipment. Doesn't mean you couldn't use one to defend yourself.

Where does this paranoia of home invasions and being attacked come from? The easy access to guns?

Burglars tend to be petty thieves who operate in the day and target places where people are at work. Not sure why they want to murder your families over there? Maybe they are paranoid of your guns and get jumpy?

Maybe they are jumpy because they are in the act of committing a home invasion. A home invasion that anyone with a half of a functional brain would know that you can be killed for doing.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Well exactly. I agree with you. The guns in your homes make it more dangerous for you if the burglars come tooled up and jumpy

(06-07-2018, 06:41 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Well exactly. I agree with you. The guns in your homes make it more dangerous for you if the burglars come tooled up and jumpy

????? That is just crazy talk. Buuuwwaaaaaaaaaa Laughing Laughing Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

While reading some of the comments in this thread, it caused me to reflect on one of my favorite Ronald Reagan quotes.

"I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is purpose and worth to each and every life".

With that being said, I believe that we live in a constant "good vs. evil" world.  While I don't "cheer" or "celebrate" the loss of a life, I do celebrate when good wins over evil.  As it relates to this thread, we really can't speculate what the kid involved what have done in the future... we can only wonder.  However, I do believe at the time of his death he had evil in his heart and soul.  At the heart of the matter is the fact that this kid had it in him to not only invade someone else's domain, but also attempted to physically harm and/or kill the innocent person in his own home.

Regarding the "gun control" debate by one of our resident foreigners, this is part of the reason why people choose to arm themselves.  The tool of choice for home/family/life protection has a lot of options, and it all comes down to the FREEDOM that we have in this country to select the tool of choice whether it's a semi-automatic gun or a golf club.  For me personally, I'll select my firearm(s) over any other object(s) to protect myself, my property and my family, especially if there is the potential that the invader is armed in some way.

Even though good won vs. evil in this case, liberals will still try to say that "guns are bad" in some way.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The point is we aren't as worried about defending ourselves. Don't seem to live in the same fear. I wonder why?

(06-07-2018, 07:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 06:41 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Well exactly. I agree with you. The guns in your homes make it more dangerous for you if the burglars come tooled up and jumpy

????? That is just crazy talk. Buuuwwaaaaaaaaaa Laughing Laughing Laughing

Liberalism has to be a mental disease.. I constantly read idiotic posts/commets like that from them.

These people on the left act like if the United States banned all guns and made them illegal, magically they would disapper and the criminals wouldn't have/use them. It's a completely dumb stance that doesn't have a shot in hell at actaully working. There are already millions and millions of guns out ther, if they made all guns illegal the only people who wouldn't carry or have guns would be law abiding citizens. The criminals don't give a damn about the law so they would, except in this alternate reality they would never have to worry about one of the victims they choose to victimize also having a gun. It would be a damn free for all...soft targets everywhere.

They really need to listen to what this guy has to say, because he speaks the truth.

That's what is wrong with liberals..they are always so willing to hand over their rights to a ever growing government thinking that "Daddy government" will take care of them and protect them. All it does is restrict freedom and it hardly ever works.