Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Costco raising minimum wage to $14 an hour

Thanks to Trumps Tax Cuts........

A rising tide is raising all ships again

Costco raising minimum wage to $14 an hour

Retail giant Costco said Thursday that it would raise its starting minimum wage to $14 an hour, a $1 increase for entry level positions.

MarketWatch reported that the company will also raise wages for other hourly workers by up to 50 cents.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...d=52647200
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have always liked costco. Other companies could be like them, but they don't want to be for some reason.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-06-2018, 09:58 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I have always liked costco. Other companies could be like them, but they don't want to be for some reason.

Gee, I wonder what that may be?

According to Bloomberg, the majority of corporate tax breaks benefited shareholders much more than employees.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The membership model is not for every business.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Just be glad you don't work for Harley-Davidson in Kansas City. But hey, there're building a plant in Thailand.

Make Thailand great again!
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 02:36 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(06-07-2018, 01:03 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Just be glad you don't work for Harley-Davidson in Kansas City. But hey, there're building a plant in Thailand.

Harleys are overpriced garbage. Make Them Go Away. The only people that ride them are men who act like 15 year old girls. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME! LOUD HARLEY HERE!

(06-07-2018, 02:35 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 01:03 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Just be glad you don't work for Harley-Davidson in Kansas City. But hey, there're building a plant in Thailand.

Harleys are overpriced garbage. Make Them Go Away. The only people that ride them are men who act like 15 year old girls. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME! LOUD HARLEY HERE!

Hey, that's exactly what Eric Cartman said to a group of Harley riders in an episode of South Park.

They better not offset those costs with reductions to the sampling stations.

(06-07-2018, 05:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: They better not offset those costs with reductions to the sampling stations.

They won't, what no one in the media will admit is that the Trump Economy has already tightened the labor market and wages must go up if companies want to find and retain good workers. Pair that with the statements to G7 that we aren't going to be the world's piggy bank anymore and this whole economy is about to boom. Right up until the student loan market bursts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What does this have to do with Costco raising their minimum wage? Figured you would be happy about that.

You mean, make York, PA “greater”. Did you think corporations that serve the global market ignore the requirement for forward operating divisions? Oh no, someone go tell GM and Ford.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/...40544.html
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]