Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions Re: Beating Video Games

1. Riddle of the Sphinx. I never understood how it was supposed to finish. It became so frustrating and confusing, I just no longer cared enough to beat it. Fun to play, not so fun to finish.

2. Punch-Out. OMG was it hard to run the gauntlet until the end. 100% earned.
2b. Knights of the Old Republic. Very replayable, too - same ending but fun to see the very different paths you could take to get there, especially with different abilities.
2c. Current game (well, more current than the other two, LOL) Red Dead Redemption. It had to end that way, though I didn't want it to at the time.

3. GTA series. Only because whenever I get to the end, I don't really want it to end. Plus, even though the endings have a "final boss" difficulty to them - you've already played and completed missions that have higher thrills/higher satisfaction prior to getting *to* the very end. I'd like to see them add unlockable missions after completing the game. Such as opening up flashback missions, side missions, non-main character missions, etc (like Episodes from Liberty City, but something you could earn rather than have to purchase.)
3b. Runner up - the original Halo. As the game got bigger and bigger, towards the end I felt the difficulty actually dropped. You became better equipped and the challenges became a numbers game - just more enemies thrown at you. I was surprised when I had completed the game. That was it?!?

I know you loved Last of Us. I did, too up until the ending. I disagreed with the character's forced decision. So - to me that was just as disappointing as LA Noire ending. I loved both aside from the endings, though - don't get me wrong. I thing both still are must-play/have games.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Messages In This Thread
Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Bullseye - 06-13-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by pirkster - 06-15-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-22-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Mikey - 07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-19-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM