Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions Re: Beating Video Games

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2018, 03:56 PM by Caldrac.)

Never beat: Super Ghouls & Ghosts - SNES - I was practically a baby playing that game back in the early 90's. It was always difficult to get through. Very frustrating at times. I actually still enjoy watching people play this game from time to time through Youtube or Twitch. Especially the speed run challenges. But as a kid I was pulling my hair out and flipping tables over it. Really liked it though. I am giving Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII & Chrono Cross honorable mentions here. I never finished either of those titles due to timing and age on my end or a bad disc that wouldn't read properly as well.

Most satisfying finish: Vagrant Story - This game has always been intriguing to me even now as an adult. I've always enjoyed the world of final fantasy from Squaresoft but it was very fun playing as Ashley Riot with it being set in Ivalice (Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII connection). At the time it was challenging, it was innovative, the art style and combat system was a very interesting and rapid departure from what Squaresoft had been doing leading up to the release of this game. But between the OST, the character development, the crafting system, the mini challenges and rewards and replay value. Such a great game to finish. It's satisfying leading Ashley to the end of his journey. I got really drawn in when they revealed what happened to his son and wife. That was a shocking moment for me. I had never seen anything like that in a game before. Giving Final Fantasy Tactics an honorable mention here as well. Wonderful game. I've put many hours into it off and on over the years. Just a treasure trove of replay value. 

Least satisfying finish: Final Fantasy VIII - This game was fun. I really liked the draw system, the OST and the GF system. But the story seemed rushed and just really, really messy once you made it past disc two. And the ending till this day doesn't make much sense to me and even though the writer shot down the "Squall is dead" theory. I personally feel that if you go into the game or reflect on the game. It actually makes more sense that Squall ended up dying during the failed assassination attempt on Edea before ending disc one or disc two. It just seems odd overall. The time jumps, the orphanage connection with the main cast, Cid & Edea being linked to them as well. None of it really adds up. BUT...if you technically killed the main character in Squall and all of this craziness ensues in some weird way of him trying to process his own death. In my opinion, it puts a great spin on all of the events that followed afterwards. 
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Bullseye - 06-13-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-22-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Mikey - 07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-19-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Caldrac - 06-26-2018, 03:50 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM