Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions Re: Beating Video Games

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2018, 04:21 PM by Caldrac.)

(06-21-2018, 06:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Love me some FF.

Deacon, FF8 is all about the junction system. It's actually easier to beat the game at a lower level because enemies scale. I loved FF8, and FF7 for that matter. I'd say 8 gets the slight edge, but that might be because it was the first one I played. The storyline in 7 is great, but I totally understand the "cartoon" complaints. Looking forward to the remake.

This guide helps tremendously with FF8: https://jegged.com/Games/Final-Fantasy-V...Guide.html

I honestly am not looking forward to the remake of VII because it's going to be utilized more than likely on the same system and set-up that they have now for FFXV. I have XV. It's fun... to an extent. It get's very boring very quickly though and I stopped playing it probably after about 30 - 40 in game hours invested into it. And what really bothers me about Squarenix is that ever since Squaresoft and Enix merged. The overall feel, nostalgia and progressive stories have seemed to diminish and become watered down. 

Too many damn micro transactions and side quests too. I hate the fighting system in XIII, XIII-2 and XV. XII they really started going in that direction and it took awhile to adjust to it but it seemed like you had more control. Nowadays it's just all about the graphics and less about the mechanics. Very disappointed in the direction they've gone as of late. And they keep sticking to Final Fantasy which is great. But it would be nice to see the Chrono Trigger/Cross series get a face lift or new addition to the series. Or maybe bring back Final Fantasy Tactics onto consoles instead of regulating it into a cartoony game geared towards kids that still like to carry around a damn Nintendo 3DS everywhere. Even Parasite Eve or Xenogears should be considered going forward by Squarenix.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Bullseye - 06-13-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-22-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Mikey - 07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-19-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Caldrac - 06-26-2018, 04:17 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM