Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Questions Re: Beating Video Games

I don't go after "insane" mode from the start. I prefer whatever is the normal, challenging setting. I'll only crank it up over the top after I've beaten the game on normal/challenging setting.

I'll only back it down if I'm new to the game/genre and it just isn't working for me - just to learn the ropes if it's a game completely out of my comfort zone/experience. Then, when I've learned the system I continue with the original game.

That's what I liked so much about Metal Gear Solid on playstation. They had VR missions to prep you for the (then complex) control system and situational stealth strategy.

Better games do a great job of walking you through the control system and strategies, feeding you what you need before things get really hairy. So, I don't really recall dropping to easy but only a handful of times, and not for very long when I did.

I found Last of Us to be pretty doggone difficult as-is. I don't think I could ever beat it on the highest level (so little inventory.) I assume you can only finish it on the highest level if you avoid most enemies and take out only those you absolutely must.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Messages In This Thread
Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Bullseye - 06-13-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-22-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Mikey - 07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 07-19-2018, 01:38 PM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Deacon - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Questions Re: Beating Video Games - by Kane - 06-29-2018, 09:33 AM