Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
North Korea begins returning remains of missing US troops from Korean War, Trump says

(06-30-2018, 09:45 AM)Kotite Wrote: Screw facts. Let's name call.

Why debate when you can just THINK you've won an argument without actually saying anything.

Facts? In these threads? Lol, everyone has their own version of the "facts", perfectly manipulated to fit his own personal agenda. You need to approach this things as the entertainment that it is, there's nothing more to be gained here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-29-2018, 11:46 AM)Kotite Wrote: Trump governs conservatively? Added 1T to debt and has 2.3T he wants to borrow in his new budget.

Perhaps we have a different opinion of conservative.

Obviously the debt is an issue, but the President doesn't set the budget. If you're hardcore, I guess you think he should veto the budget legislation passed by a Republican House and Senate, but I don't really think that's his job. That said, the budget has been challenged and/or vetoed by presidents in the past, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that from him. Personally, I put the onus for the budget on the "conservative" congress. Trump would have approved basically anything, especially with a government shutdown looming and a media eager to excoriate him for it. Within the role he was designed to do, Trump has been very conservative. Judge appointments, border enforcement, deregulation... all pretty conservative.

(06-30-2018, 09:45 AM)Kotite Wrote: Screw facts. Let's name call.

Why debate when you can just THINK you've won an argument without actually saying anything.

Aren't you calling people stupid and fools for supporting Trump?

No. I'm calling them suckers for believing every single thing the guy says without ever questioning whether or not it is true. He is a compulsive liar and this alleged "achievement" is a complete fabrication. There are no remains and he is ramping up nuclear capabilities. He is also a psychopath who rules his people out of fear (but 45 tells the world his people love him and none of you bats an eye).

You are a sad cult that questions nothing and beats your chest at false accomplishments. He is a divisive moron who is best at creating chaos and distraction. [BLEEP] reality or even trying to debate. Don't as how dumping waste in rivers or treating crops with nerve agents makes America great. Don't question that the bankruptcy king is driving the deficit up and wants to borrow trillions more from China which our kids and grandkids will need to pay back. Don't question why the uber rich are the only people truly benefitting from his tax plan.

The only thing that matters to you is that the left can't stand it. You are too snowed to see how it impacts you.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(06-30-2018, 01:45 PM)Kotite Wrote: No. I'm calling them suckers for believing every single thing the guy says without ever questioning whether or not it is true. He is a compulsive liar and this alleged "achievement" is a complete fabrication. There are no remains and he is ramping up nuclear capabilities. He is also a psychopath who rules his people out of fear (but 45 tells the world his people love him and none of you bats an eye).

You are a sad cult that questions nothing and beats your chest at false accomplishments. He is a divisive moron who is best at creating chaos and distraction. [BLEEP] reality or even trying to debate. Don't as how dumping waste in rivers or treating crops with nerve agents makes America great. Don't question that the bankruptcy king is driving the deficit up and wants to borrow trillions more from China which our kids and grandkids will need to pay back. Don't question why the uber rich are the only people truly benefitting from his tax plan.

The only thing that matters to you is that the left can't stand it. You are too snowed to see how it impacts you.

... and you're still name-calling

Trump has likely fulfilled or is in the process of fulfilling more campaign promises than any recent President. 

If he was nothing more than "false accomplishments", then why is the left so upset with him? If he isn't getting anything done, why is it you're so upset with him? It should be the status quo, no?

(06-29-2018, 10:55 AM)Last42min Wrote: This is not an area I would defend Trump.. at least not yet. Trump has governed conservatively and a lot of his criticism is overblown. At the very least, the talk of war has subsided for the time being. That's a good thing. That said, I'd treat this more as a "wait and see." There is enough evidence to suggest the N. Koreans will do and say what they need to to advance their status, I'd personally avoid setting up false expectations in this area. It's just as likely this is a massive failure for Trump in the long run. The better approach is to be hopeful, but realistic that this may not succeed. Imo, one of the biggest drawbacks to party politics is that people become so entrenched in defending a person or party, that they back themselves into a corner when their policies fail.

I'd give +100 if I could.  GREAT POST!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-30-2018, 01:45 PM)Kotite Wrote: No. I'm calling them suckers for believing every single thing the guy says without ever questioning whether or not it is true. He is a compulsive liar and this alleged "achievement" is a complete fabrication. There are no remains and he is ramping up nuclear capabilities. He is also a psychopath who rules his people out of fear (but 45 tells the world his people love him and none of you bats an eye).

A large portion of this country would make the same claim for Obama.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-30-2018, 04:19 PM)copycat Wrote:

A large portion of this country would make the same claim for Obama.

Tu quoque is an informal logical fallacy.
I suspect you were not an Obama cultist.  I suspect you criticized him from time to time.
I hope you treat Trump the same way; no one is above criticism.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2018, 05:12 PM by copycat.)

(06-30-2018, 04:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 04:19 PM)copycat Wrote: A large portion of this country would make the same claim for Obama.

Tu quoque is an informal logical fallacy.
I suspect you were not an Obama cultist.  I suspect you criticized him from time to time.
I hope you treat Trump the same way; no one is above criticism.

When I cease criticizing politicians I will be dead.

EDIT: Allow me to add, from either party. I have no loyalty to either one just for the record.

By chance, do you think you possess enough energy after this temper tantrum to start your own thread so that you may carry on your nonsense elsewhere? This “hey look at me” stupidity has taken another thread off topic and down into the dumps.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

This thread is about remains being sent back to the US. There aren't any and has been no mention of them. Me stating you are gullible for believing 45 was truthful about any of his NK trip is sadly on topic.

(07-01-2018, 06:43 PM)Kotite Wrote: This thread is about remains being sent back to the US. There aren't any and has been no mention of them. Me stating you are gullible for believing 45 was truthful about any of his NK trip is sadly on topic.

No mention? There's dozens of articles about what's going on, you're just so blind with rage you won't admit it. Sad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Provide one article that verifies any remains have been returned. After ranting he deserved more credit for the summit, he is now saying to FOX News it may not work out.

So.. Basically you are praising him for nothing. You should be vilifying him for unilaterally halting defensive military exercises with South Korea in exchange for the enormous nothing we received in exchange, but cults don't work that way I suppose.

So when I call you suckers.. Explain to me how you aren't one with respect to North Korea.

(06-30-2018, 10:33 AM)Last42min Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 11:46 AM)Kotite Wrote: Trump governs conservatively? Added 1T to debt and has 2.3T he wants to borrow in his new budget.

Perhaps we have a different opinion of conservative.

Obviously the debt is an issue, but the President doesn't set the budget. If you're hardcore, I guess you think he should veto the budget legislation passed by a Republican House and Senate, but I don't really think that's his job. That said, the budget has been challenged and/or vetoed by presidents in the past, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that from him. Personally, I put the onus for the budget on the "conservative" congress. Trump would have approved basically anything, especially with a government shutdown looming and a media eager to excoriate him for it. Within the role he was designed to do, Trump has been very conservative. Judge appointments, border enforcement, deregulation... all pretty conservative.

It's so weird how the so many constitutional scholars creep out of the woodwork with their "The President doesn't set the budget" tautologies as soon as the President is a Republican - yet they never seem to mention it while the President is a Democrat!

(07-02-2018, 01:06 PM)Kotite Wrote: Provide one article that verifies any remains have been returned. After ranting he deserved more credit for the summit, he is now saying to FOX News it may not work out.

So.. Basically you are praising him for nothing. You should be vilifying him for unilaterally halting defensive military exercises with South Korea in exchange for the enormous nothing we received in exchange, but cults don't work that way I suppose.

So when I call you suckers..  Explain to me how you aren't one with respect to North Korea.
How about provide a reputable article that states negotiations are over. 

So basically you’re soiling your jorts for nothing. You should understand minor concessions must be made in good faith during negotiations. Unlike with Iran, nothing of tangible value has been manipulated or given up.

Negotiations are not over, nobody has failed, nobody has lied, etc.. Of course, it’s quite obvious you’d love for all attempts at regional peace to come crashing down because...Trump. Be truthful, you drink and post huh?

(07-02-2018, 01:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 10:33 AM)Last42min Wrote: Obviously the debt is an issue, but the President doesn't set the budget. If you're hardcore, I guess you think he should veto the budget legislation passed by a Republican House and Senate, but I don't really think that's his job. That said, the budget has been challenged and/or vetoed by presidents in the past, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that from him. Personally, I put the onus for the budget on the "conservative" congress. Trump would have approved basically anything, especially with a government shutdown looming and a media eager to excoriate him for it. Within the role he was designed to do, Trump has been very conservative. Judge appointments, border enforcement, deregulation... all pretty conservative.

It's so weird how the so many constitutional scholars creep out of the woodwork with their "The President doesn't set the budget" tautologies as soon as the President is a Republican - yet they never seem to mention it while the President is a Democrat!

I don't think tautology means what you think it means. 

To your point, though, conservatives railed against the Republican majority congress when they passed a budget that gave Obama everything he asked for in 2015. They had control of the House and Senate, so there was no reason to do this. The base didn't blame Obama, they blamed congress (specifically after Republicans fully controlled congress) This happened again in 2018 with the looming government shutdown. The base was very upset with congress, even though the media largely focused on Trump. There is a difference between what the political leaders do and what the political base wants them to do. If you understood anything about the conservative base, you would know that your strawman is barely standing. 

Let's be clear: The only reason I posted here was to encourage conservatives to be cautious in defending Trump with regards to N. Korea. I don't feel like it's in their best interest to defend that position when nothing has come of it yet. I mentioned that Trump had governed relatively conservatively and Kotite mentioned the budget as an attack on that concept. This is the part where I just insert a random line to see if you actually read my whole post or just key in on certain words. If you read the whole thing, just respond with gravy so I know I'm not arguing with a simpleton or an ideologue who's too intellectually lazy to read what I write. I countered Kotite, by saying that I don't think that the budget falls squarely on the shoulders of the president. I even made concessions that I can see that it's at least a reasonable argument to suggest otherwise. In no way, shape, or form am I exonerating Trump for the current budget approval. If he didn't veto it, he bears some responsibility for the consequences. That said... giving you that point, he has governed conservatively within the capacity of his office. It would be nice if you tried to understand the conversation before applying sweeping generalizations about my positions.

Gravy.
"The President doesn't set the budget" might not be the best example of a tautology. But in the context of our constitution, it is one of those shallow facts that people always re-iterate to dismiss arguments that they don't actually understand, in the same realm as "We're not a democracy we are a republic" And as you acknowledge, it isn't even 100% true because there is a veto power.

(07-02-2018, 02:04 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 01:06 PM)Kotite Wrote: Provide one article that verifies any remains have been returned. After ranting he deserved more credit for the summit, he is now saying to FOX News it may not work out.

So when I call you suckers..  Explain to me how you aren't one with respect to North Korea.
How about provide a reputable article that states negotiations are over. 

So basically you’re soiling your jorts for nothing. You should understand minor concessions must be made in good faith during negotiations. Unlike with Iran, nothing of tangible value has been manipulated or given up.

Negotiations are not over, nobody has failed, nobody has lied, etc.. Of course, it’s quite obvious you’d love for all attempts at regional peace to come crashing down because...Trump. Be truthful, you drink and post huh?

What was the minor concession given by NK?

Also, please stop with the arm-flailing-pants-soiling remarks, you get just as strident defending your points.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-02-2018, 09:14 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 02:04 PM)B2hibry Wrote: How about provide a reputable article that states negotiations are over. 

They released some hostages. Not a huge concession, but something. Note that the US didn't pay millions in ransom money, unlike the hostage returns under our previous administration.

We'll see about the remains, but all indications are that it is preceding. If there was some prolonged delay that indicated that KJU wouldn't follow through on it I'm sure the NYT, CNN, and the big three networks would be on it like white on rice if there was a chance to discredit Trump.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-02-2018, 09:14 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 02:04 PM)B2hibry Wrote: How about provide a reputable article that states negotiations are over. 

Also, please stop with the arm-flailing-pants-soiling remarks, you get just as strident defending your points.
Follow along here...These are ongoing negotiations and actionable concessions are not evident just yet. Spare me the rehash, “We gave up military exercises.” The process itself should be commended, regardless of what party you are affiliated. Sadly, the hypocritical Trump bashers have already decided its a failure.