Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump picks Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee

(07-14-2018, 11:17 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 12:09 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Because an unborn child isn't a human being (or a "person")? 

You're no more qualified to say it is than RJ is to say it isn't. The Supreme Court should have left abortion to the states in Roe v. Wade. Had they done so back then, we wouldn't be arguing about Supreme Court nominations based upon one issue that, frankly, will never affect the majority of Americans anyway.

If abortion does make its way back to the Supreme Court, regardless of who's on the bench at that time, I would hope the decision is to leave that issue to the states rather than allowing nine lawyers to become gynecologists again.

You left out the rest of my comment.

I was asking RJ if he doesn't consider an unborn child a human being, and pointing out that the belief that they aren't human was once used against blacks.

As far as the rest of your comment, I agree with it. But for it to be left to the states now, Roe vs Wade would have to be overturned by the SCOTUS (unlikely no matter who becomes Kennedy's replacement) or by an amendment to the Constitution which is nearly impossible.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump picks Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee - by MalabarJag - 07-14-2018, 02:47 PM