Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shady McCoy accused of all sorts of mayhem

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 07:12 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(07-11-2018, 09:46 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out why she's in his house, and why he has to have her "evicted"?  Did he rent her the house for $0 a month?  What kind of arrangement is this?

(07-12-2018, 05:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 03:32 PM)Kane Wrote: They stayed there together when they were together, then they split up and Shady wanted her out but most states have an established residence law where once you live somewhere long enough, no matter who owns what, you must be evicted (owner must pay court to force you out via notice, then later police)

It's pretty standard actually.
If you live with your parents at age 18 and they want you out and you receive mail and have established residence (x amount of days) even your parents would have to file an eviction.

So if he did this, he's an idiot... cuz a couple hundred bucks and a few months of patience and she'd been out

This is absolutely correct.  

The amount of notice you must give to evict someone depends on a few different factors.  Often the amount of notice corresponds with the frequency of the rent paid.  In other words, if you collect rent from a tenant on a monthly basis, you must give a month's notice to vacate, and even then, that is just the beginning of the process.

In the absence of a formal written lease, the default is thirty days, unless there is some evidence to show some other arrangements to pay rent more frequently.

Based on what I read about this, there likely is no formal written rental agreement between the two.  The relationship went South and he did what many similarly situated people do and just kicked her out.

However, based upon what few facts of this case that have been made public, I am more inclined to believe the allegations against McCoy than I am the allegations against Dareus.

But to my knowledge no formal charges have been filed against McCoy, nor has he been convicted of s crime in conjunction with these allegations.  Accordingly he is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

The moment you allow someone to live in your house, you have to get them formally evicted if they wont leave on their own. McCoy would've had to meet with someone in the court system granting the evicted person 7 days to contest the allegations. If the judge disagrees with the eviction process, it likely goes nowhere and the person stays there until the contract is broken or expired. If the judge grants the eviction, then they usually assign a deadline. From my experience, it's usually 30-60 days unless there are extenuating circumstances. 

I broke it down without using legal jargon, but when you look at the process, it usually intimidates the person into just dealing with the situation in other ways. It's no wonder McCoy chose not to get her evicted. It's usually a long process that requires a lot of attention. This is, at least, how it's done in Georgia where it happened. Definitely seems like motive for her getting attacked.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shady McCoy accused of all sorts of mayhem - by JagNGeorgia - 07-12-2018, 07:11 PM