Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Taven Bryan signs $10.2M rookie contract with Jaguars

Taven Bryan signs $10.2M rookie contract with Jaguars

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...th-jaguars

The Jacksonville Jaguars' first-round pick will enter training camp under contract. Defensive tackle Taven Bryan signs a standard four-year rookie deal worth $10.2 million.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good news.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018, 12:48 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I've become so delirious to the NBA Contracts that his $10.2 million over the course of 4-years almost sounds like the dude is going to need to get a 2nd job to pay his bills.

Now I know I'm not privy on how all of this works, but man I'd be signing the day after the draft to get my money lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 11:13 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-17-2018, 12:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Now I know I'm not privy on how all of this works, but man I'd be signing the day after the draft to get my money lol

Honestly, I don't know why they can't be signed directly after the draft.. These contracts are already slotted and if you look at Forbes rookie salary projections that they put out right after the draft, it was spot on for what Bryan ended up signing for 3 months later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes....-make/amp/

These contracts aren't that hard and shouldn't take that long to hammer out anymore. If I was a rookie I wouldn't even step on a field (no rookie OTAs or mini camp) until I had a signed contract, but I guess they have insurance policies for that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-19-2018, 10:40 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 12:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Now I know I'm not privy on how all of this works, but man I'd be signing the day after the draft to get my money lol

Honestly, I don't know why they can't be signed directly after the draft.. These contracts are already slotted and if you look at Forbes rookie salary projections that they put out right after the draft, it was spot on for what Bryan ended up signing for 3 months later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes....-make/amp/

These contracts aren't that hard and shouldn't take that long to hammer out anymore. If I was a rookie I wouldn't even step on a field (no rookie OTAs or mini camp) until I had a signed contract, but I guess they have injury policies for that.

There's really not point to signing them early, especially for the team.  All you're doing is giving them money which could potentially lead them to trouble during the downtime in the offseason.  Just save it for just before camp starts to lessen the chances of them getting into trouble.

As for getting injured, I believe Fowler wasn't signed at the time of his ACL tear, and he received the same contract he would have anyway.  It's not good business for a team to hold out on a player that got injured in their camp without being signed.  Plus, the likelihood of a career ending injury it fairly small, so you're going to want them for the next 3-4 years anyways.

Vic used to say they held the money from them so they would stay out of trouble over the summer.