Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I'm not biting, I'm calling his bluff. NZ has strict gun laws. U have to be sponsored take a test etc. Etc.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sounds really strict!

The guy went and bought guns legally and then shot up a mosque.

NZs gun laws will be changed to be similar to Australia's very shortly.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 07:52 AM by B2hibry.)

In the latest AOC chapter of ignorance. "We had to amend the Constitution to keep FDR being re-elected"...um yeah...

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1...0860668928
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-01-2019, 07:52 AM)B2hibry Wrote: In the latest AOC chapter of ignorance. "We had to amend the Constitution to keep FDR being re-elected"...um yeah...

Yeesh.  I guess there really aren't any consequences for just making [BLEEP] up if you're in office now, though.

Please never let this twit stop making these ridiculous statements. Talk about your product of government indoctrination that our education system has become....Good Lawd, it's gold.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Yes on the one hand it's gold but on the other hand she s the cough not the cold. Kids aren't taught about the failures of the new deal or the great society. They're just taught the good intentions.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 11:22 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

I was watching some Buzzfeed show on Hulu and one of the girls didn't know that 1776 was the year we declared independence but when they were talking about something related to a President leaving office early she was the one to say, "Well hopefully that happens soon..."

It's always the dumbest, least educated (actual EDUCATION, not indoctrination) people that say stuff like that... it's ridiculous.

(04-01-2019, 07:52 AM)B2hibry Wrote: In the latest AOC chapter of ignorance. "We had to amend the Constitution to keep FDR being re-elected"...um yeah...

Like most other stuff on this thread y'all are being nitpicky.
She knows that presidents didn't have term limits at one time.
She knows that it's now two terms.
she knows that the change had something to do with FDR.
I would venture to say that that's more than most Americans registered with either party know.
Unfortunately no one who is criticizing her for this on this thread is self-aware enough to realize that they would be making excuses if Trump made a faux pas of this type.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-01-2019, 12:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I would venture to say that that's more than most Americans registered with either party know.
Unfortunately no one who is criticizing her for this on this thread is self-aware enough to realize that they would be making excuses if Trump made a faux pas of this type.

U keep carrying that water Mike.  Darn Nobel of u.

Criticized her for the policies that she wants to enact.
The 27th amendment was enacted more than 70 years ago.
Her statement was off by 7 years. That's 10%. You can be 10% wrong and still get an A in most cases.

(04-01-2019, 12:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Criticized her for the policies that she wants to enact.
The 27th amendment was enacted more than 70 years ago.
Her statement was off by 7 years. That's 10%. You can be 10% wrong and still get an A in most cases.

1.) U mean 22nd.  

2.) An engineer u said?   "7 years 7 smears who cares"

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 01:34 PM by mikesez.)

(04-01-2019, 12:56 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 12:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: Criticized her for the policies that she wants to enact.
The 22nd amendment was enacted more than 70 years ago.

2.) An engineer u said?   "7 years 7 smears who cares"

There's a time when the stuff engineers do needs to be really precise and there's a time when it doesn't need to be really precise.

There's a time when the engineer is just using talk-to-text on his coffee break and there's a time when he's writing a formal report.

(04-01-2019, 12:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Does she though? For being so knowledgeable as you claim, she sure wears stupidity on her sleeve like a badge of honor.

"When I'm wrong it doesn't matter, but that's never happened anyway."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-01-2019, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "When I'm wrong it doesn't matter, but that's never happened anyway."

Is that a Trump quote?

(04-01-2019, 02:14 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 02:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "When I'm wrong it doesn't matter, but that's never happened anyway."

Is that a Trump quote?

Deductive logic for a $1 Alex...

(04-01-2019, 01:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 12:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: Like most other stuff on this thread y'all are being nitpicky.
Does she though? For being so knowledgeable as you claim, she sure wears stupidity on her sleeve like a badge of honor.

She said that a constitutional amendment was passed to prevent FDR from running for a third term.
So yes, she knows the three things I said correctly.  One time there was no limits, there are limits now, and the change involved FDR.
She just has the order wrong. 
Is that significant to the story she was trying to tell or the point she was trying to make?  What if she had said, "They passed a constitutional amendment to prevent Harry Truman from running for a third term."  That would have been totally accurate, and probably supported the point she was actually trying to make.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 03:01 PM by jj82284.)

(04-01-2019, 01:32 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 12:56 PM)jj82284 Wrote: 2.) An engineer u said?   "7 years 7 smears who cares"

There's a time when the stuff engineers do needs to be really precise and there's a time when it doesn't need to be really precise.

There's a time when the engineer is just using talk-to-text on his coffee break and there's a time when he's writing a formal report.

Don't u just hate when u go back and edit something but the quote function already immortalized it?  

As for the last paragraph...  Who needs the nutmeg now brother?

(04-01-2019, 02:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 01:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Does she though? For being so knowledgeable as you claim, she sure wears stupidity on her sleeve like a badge of honor.

She said that a constitutional amendment was passed to prevent FDR from running for a third term.
So yes, she knows the three things I said correctly.  One time there was no limits, there are limits now, and the change involved FDR.
Is that significant to the story she was trying to tell or the point she was trying to make?  What if she had said, "They passed a constitutional amendment to prevent Harry Truman from running for a third term."  That would have been totally accurate, and probably supported the point she was actually trying to make.

Ur right.  Her story really falls apart when u consider that both Truman and johnson couldn't stand for re-elect and both the "bold policies" she advocates failed and are eventually going to bankrupt the county.  So in context ur right, her notching the timeline of the 22nd amendment is trivial compared to her general level of economic illiteracy.  But I keep carrying that water Mike.  Onward conservative soldiers!

(04-01-2019, 02:56 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 01:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: There's a time when the stuff engineers do needs to be really precise and there's a time when it doesn't need to be really precise.

Don't u just hate when u go back and edit something but the quote function already immortalized it?  

As for the last paragraph...  Who needs the nutmeg now brother?

(04-01-2019, 02:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: She said that a constitutional amendment was passed to prevent FDR from running for a third term.

Ur right.  Her story really falls apart when u consider that both Truman and johnson couldn't stand for re-elect and both the "bold policies" she advocates failed and are eventually going to bankrupt the county.  So in context ur right, her notching the timeline of the 22nd amendment is trivial compared to her general level of economic illiteracy.  But I keep carrying that water Mike.  Onward conservative soldiers!

As I understand it she said she wants to eliminate the use of fossil fuels in ten years.  And then she wants to make it so anyone who has difficulty finding a job can automatically get a job with the government.
Yeah, that would probably crater both the dollar as a store of value and the US as a source of stability in the world within the 10-year window she mentions. Especially if you try to do both.

Noticed AOC on the cover of Time as I was checking out at the local Walgreen's shortly ago.  Love her, hate her, poke fun at her, she is the opposite side of the Trump coin.  The girl knows how to make the best of an opportunity.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.