Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 09:54 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-09-2020, 09:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 08:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How would billionaires rebalancing their portfolios change the scenario? Quite significantly.

Just so we are clear. Do you agree with AOC? Simple yes or no answer

I don't think I need billionaires. 
My boss isn't one.  Our clients aren't billionaires.
Now, we've worked on some billion-dollar projects like cruise ships and theme parks - but both of those are owned by corporations.  You don't "need" a billionaire to start a corporation.  You can recruit 1,000 millionaires as investors and it's all the same.  
Now, none of that means billionaires are "bad".  They're dangerous.   They could find private armies and take over parts of the world.  But they haven't, so far.
So, she's technically right about this, but she's saying it to fire up people's animal instincts, for and against her, and position herself as the person who will "do something" even though in reality nothing can be done.

So, yes. Got it.

Did you ever see the disturbance in the kitchen episode of curb your enthusiasm?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-09-2020, 09:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 09:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't think I need billionaires. 
My boss isn't one.  Our clients aren't billionaires.
Now, we've worked on some billion-dollar projects like cruise ships and theme parks - but both of those are owned by corporations.  You don't "need" a billionaire to start a corporation.  You can recruit 1,000 millionaires as investors and it's all the same.  
Now, none of that means billionaires are "bad".  They're dangerous.   They could find private armies and take over parts of the world.  But they haven't, so far.
So, she's technically right about this, but she's saying it to fire up people's animal instincts, for and against her, and position herself as the person who will "do something" even though in reality nothing can be done.

So, yes. Got it.

Did you ever see the disturbance in the kitchen episode of curb your enthusiasm?

No, I don't have HBO.  What do you need a billionaire for?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 08:16 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Her dangerous rhetoric is in overdrive these days. She is saying some pretty irresponsible stuff. Curious when she will be thrown to the wolves.

Nobody tried to kill you sweetie, but they did try to kill Steve Scallise. The events of January 6th weren't worse than Pearl Harbor, as you were back at work 3 hours later. Imagine being a kid in school in 20 years being taught the events of January 6th were the same as Pearl Harbor.

This “they tried to kill me” stuff is going to be used more than a $10 hooker on payday.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-02-2021, 09:35 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: This “they tried to kill me” stuff is going to be used more than a $10 hooker on payday.

Careful there, AOC's new tactic is "I'm a victim of sexual assault", so you might be close to the facts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-02-2021, 09:35 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: This “they tried to kill me” stuff is going to be used more than a $10 hooker on payday.

(02-02-2021, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Careful there, AOC's new tactic is "I'm a victim of sexual assault", so you might be close to the facts.

Crazy girls are fun, just don't marry them. I feel sorry for the poor bastard that ends up with her for the long run.

Have you heard the live chatter recorded from two of the militia groups who participated in the siege?
Several of them blatantly encouraged one another to exact violence on lawmakers at the capitol that day. 
For many in that mob, that's exactly why they were there. 

Are some lawmakers being overly dramatic about it? Absolutely. 
It doesn't help AOC or any of the others to dramatize that. 

But, were they close to danger of bodily harm or death?  Yes, they were. 
That's why that woman was shot and killed that day. The mob had reached the last line of defense between elected officials and themselves.

(02-02-2021, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Have you heard the live chatter recorded from two of the militia groups who participated in the siege?
Several of them blatantly encouraged one another to exact violence on lawmakers at the capitol that day. 

That's why that woman was shot and killed that day. The mob had reached the last line of defense between elected officials and themselves.

Now do Steve Scallise.

(02-02-2021, 10:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Have you heard the live chatter recorded from two of the militia groups who participated in the siege?

Now do Steve Scallise.

Why?

What do you need to know about Steve Scalise and why is it relevant?

(02-02-2021, 10:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Now do Steve Scallise.

Why?

Oh man.....  

Just...

Wow!!!!

(02-02-2021, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Have you heard the live chatter recorded from two of the militia groups who participated in the siege?

LOL, If your musician gig gives up the ghost you can always fall back on your drama queen degree and get some work at Alhambras.

To the emphasized sentence. An unarmed, 5 foot tall, veteran, woman was shot in cold blood by a overzealous coward who was scared for their own life.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-02-2021, 10:12 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Why?

Oh man.....  

Just...

Wow!!!!

So... you got nothing? 

You want to compare Scalise's shooting to the capitol siege? 

What's the point?

(02-02-2021, 10:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Now do Steve Scallise.

Why?

Thank you.

(02-02-2021, 10:14 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

LOL, If your musician gig gives up the ghost you can always fall back on your drama queen degree and get some work at Alhambras.

To the emphasized sentence. An unarmed, 5 foot tall, veteran, woman was shot in cold blood by a overzealous coward who was scared for their own life.

"A deranged woman, driven by lies from a sitting president, was unfortunately killed when she broke several laws and endangered the wellbeing of elected officials while trespassing on federal property."

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 10:33 AM by Lucky2Last.)

(02-02-2021, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:12 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Oh man.....  

Just...

Wow!!!!

So... you got nothing? 

What's the point?

The point, stupid, is that you don't blame a sitting senator for the actions of an individual citizen that breaks the law. The Scalise shooting was done by a Bernie supporter just days after Bernie was talking about the evils of the Republican party. Is Bernie Sanders to blame? Would anyone in their right mind say that Bernie tried to get Scalise killed? Nope. Only a crazy person would make that claim. And only a blind partisan would support the use of that kind of rhetoric. The conditions for incitement are pretty clear, and no reasonable person should suggest that Ted Cruz tried to get AOC killed. Just confirms that AOC is not reasonable. You know this, though.

(02-02-2021, 10:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: So... you got nothing? 

What's the point?

The point, stupid, is that you don't blame a sitting senator for the actions of an individual citizen that breaks the law. The Scalise shooting was done by a Bernie supporter just days after Bernie was talking about the evils of the Republican party. Is Bernie Sanders to blame? Would anyone in their right mind say that Bernie tried to get Scalise killed? Nope. Only a crazy person would make that claim. And only a blind partisan would support the use of that kind of rhetoric. The conditions for incitement are pretty clear, and no reasonable person should suggest that Ted Cruz tried to get AOC killed. Just confirms that AOC is not reasonable. You know this, though.

LOL

I still see zero point in making the comparison. 

AOC is being dramatic with her statements. Nothing new. Judge that on it's own merit or lack thereof. 
Scalise has nothing to do with it. 
It's just like everyone rushing to bring up BLM protests whenever the capitol siege is mentioned. 
[BLEEP] pointless. 

Comparing the varying degrees of bad decision making and criminality in unrelated events just because one is seen as "left vs right" and the other as "right vs left" is is like two small children arguing in the backseat of their mother's car. 
"...but he hit me first!"

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 10:58 AM by Jagwired.)

(02-02-2021, 10:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:14 AM)Jagwired Wrote: LOL, If your musician gig gives up the ghost you can always fall back on your drama queen degree and get some work at Alhambras.

"A deranged woman, driven by lies from a sitting president, was unfortunately killed when she broke several laws and endangered the wellbeing of elected officials while trespassing on federal property."

If the Capitol police open the door for you and then proceed to usher you in is that still trespassing? Remove trespass and what laws did she break? What do you base your claims of derangement on? How do you know Trumps words drove her to be there? What exact endangerment did she cause considering her lack of weapons or ability to inflict casualty?

(02-02-2021, 10:57 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: "A deranged woman, driven by lies from a sitting president, was unfortunately killed when she broke several laws and endangered the wellbeing of elected officials while trespassing on federal property."

If the Capitol police open the door for you and then proceed to usher you in is that still trespassing? Remove trespass and what laws did she break? What do you base your claims of derangement on? How do you know Trumps words drove her to be there? What exact endangerment did she cause considering her lack of weapons or ability to inflict casualty?

See why I just laugh at his stupidity? Typical.. Make stuff up, pass it off as truth.. Wash, rinse & repeat.. Trump could have sat there and drunk his diet coke and these stupid people would claim it's being racist, xenophobic or inciting a riot.. Stupid people..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-02-2021, 10:57 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: "A deranged woman, driven by lies from a sitting president, was unfortunately killed when she broke several laws and endangered the wellbeing of elected officials while trespassing on federal property."

Are you trying to tell me she thought she was welcome there?!?! LOL

I know Trump's words were part of her motivation because SHE SAID SO HER DAMN SELF!!  Have you not followed this story? There are a half dozen videos of her ranting on FB about the big steal and parroting Trump's own words. 

The endangerment you are attempting to gloss over wasn't from her specifically but from the [BLEEP] mob of hundreds of people lined up behind her. She was just the first one to attempt to cross a line of defense manned by armed officers not being ordered to surrender their posts. 

And let's not try to gloss over the danger of that mob. It did IN FACT contain armed members of militia groups who were planning coordinated efforts to harm and/or detain elected officials. This information is readily available, people.

Laughing Laughing Buuuwwaaaaaa!!! " He looked at me with tremendous anger and hostility"