Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 08:16 PM by Jags.)

(02-02-2021, 06:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Laughing Laughing Buuuwwaaaaaa!!! " He looked at me with tremendous anger and hostility"

I usually look at everyone with tremendous anger and hostility.  Unless I’m being fake.  So, sue me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2021, 08:14 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 06:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Laughing Laughing Buuuwwaaaaaa!!! " He looked at me with tremendous anger and hostility"

I usually look at everyone with tremendous anger and hostility.  Unless I’m being fake.  So, sue me.

You'll take years off you life like that dude.. I used to get real angry and upset sometimes.. Landed me in the psychiatrists office for a couple of years and almost in the pen when i was in my 20's..

Here's a simple trick to help ya cope.. Realize the truth.. That the majority of the people you converse with on a daily basis, are completely 100% stupid. I mean, Idiocracy, kind of stupid. And stupid isn't funny, it's down right hilarious.. There's another thread I posted in a couple days ago, about laughing at most of these people because they're my entertainment.. I was 100% sincere.. How some of these people around here have enough brain cells to breathe is pure amazement to me and a scientific wonder.. Stupid is hilarious when it's not you..

Banana Banana Banana
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-02-2021, 08:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 08:14 PM)Jags Wrote: I usually look at everyone with tremendous anger and hostility.  Unless I’m being fake.  So, sue me.

You'll take years off you life like that dude.. I used to get real angry and upset sometimes.. Landed me in the psychiatrists office for a couple of years and almost in the pen when i was in my 20's..

Here's a simple trick to help ya cope.. Realize the truth.. That the majority of the people you converse with on a daily basis, are completely 100% stupid. I mean, Idiocracy, kind of stupid. And stupid isn't funny, it's down right hilarious.. There's another thread I posted in a couple days ago, about laughing at most of these people because they're my entertainment.. I was 100% sincere.. How some of these people around here have enough brain cells to breathe is pure amazement to me and a scientific wonder.. Stupid is hilarious when it's not you..

Banana Banana Banana

I can relate to a degree.  I’ve never been in the psyche ward.  Yay for me!  I do appreciate the tips and tricks.  I don’t want to be in that same position.  I will agree that it has taken a few years off.  I like to think I’ve refined my “skills”.  I’ve realized on my own most people  are  [BLEEP].  That’s just obvious.  I think that’s what’s contributing the most to me being an [BLEEP] and giving everyone the death stare.  Every now and again, it’ll bite me in the [BLEEP].  So I’m learning.  Stay true my friend.  Hone in on it.  That’s what I’m trying to do.

You lot are obsessed with this person.

The obsession and rage she receives probably somewhat justifies the murdered comment.

Pretty sure it was Trump's fault.

(02-02-2021, 02:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:57 AM)Jagwired Wrote: If the Capitol police open the door for you and then proceed to usher you in is that still trespassing? Remove trespass and what laws did she break? What do you base your claims of derangement on? How do you know Trumps words drove her to be there? What exact endangerment did she cause considering her lack of weapons or ability to inflict casualty?

Are you trying to tell me she thought she was welcome there?!?! LOL

I know Trump's words were part of her motivation because SHE SAID SO HER DAMN SELF!!  Have you not followed this story? There are a half dozen videos of her ranting on FB about the big steal and parroting Trump's own words. 

The endangerment you are attempting to gloss over wasn't from her specifically but from the [BLEEP] mob of hundreds of people lined up behind her. She was just the first one to attempt to cross a line of defense manned by armed officers not being ordered to surrender their posts. 

And let's not try to gloss over the danger of that mob. It did IN FACT contain armed members of militia groups who were planning coordinated efforts to harm and/or detain elected officials. This information is readily available, people.

David Berkowitz claimed to be following, not just the motivational words, but the specific orders of his neighbor's dog.  Is Trump as complicit as the dog was?

If the danger wasn't from the woman specifically (as you admit) why was she shot?  Do you support the use of deadly force on a non-threatening individual, based on a potential threat posed by others?

Without addressing the factual accuracy of the allegations of planned harm/detainment, that information, while readily available now, was not known at the time of the shooting.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-02-2021, 09:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Are you trying to tell me she thought she was welcome there?!?! LOL

I know Trump's words were part of her motivation because SHE SAID SO HER DAMN SELF!!  Have you not followed this story? There are a half dozen videos of her ranting on FB about the big steal and parroting Trump's own words. 

The endangerment you are attempting to gloss over wasn't from her specifically but from the [BLEEP] mob of hundreds of people lined up behind her. She was just the first one to attempt to cross a line of defense manned by armed officers not being ordered to surrender their posts. 

And let's not try to gloss over the danger of that mob. It did IN FACT contain armed members of militia groups who were planning coordinated efforts to harm and/or detain elected officials. This information is readily available, people.

David Berkowitz claimed to be following, not just the motivational words, but the specific orders of his neighbor's dog.  Is Trump as complicit as the dog was?

If the danger wasn't from the woman specifically (as you admit) why was she shot?  Do you support the use of deadly force on a non-threatening individual, based on a potential threat posed by others?

Without addressing the factual accuracy of the allegations of planned harm/detainment, that information, while readily available now, was not known at the time of the shooting.

Yes. I do. If you storm the capital, you deserve to get shot. The police could've opened fire on the whole lot of them and I would've found it justifiable. The police were trying to do their jobs, while these deranged maniacs were slamming the cops heads in doors and hitting them with fire extinguishers. Personally, I thought they showed great restraint. They could've just fired at will on the criminals, but they didn't. Those insurrectionists got off easy.

(02-02-2021, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:35 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: This “they tried to kill me” stuff is going to be used more than a $10 hooker on payday.

Have you heard the live chatter recorded from two of the militia groups who participated in the siege?
Several of them blatantly encouraged one another to exact violence on lawmakers at the capitol that day. 
For many in that mob, that's exactly why they were there. 

Are some lawmakers being overly dramatic about it? Absolutely. 
It doesn't help AOC or any of the others to dramatize that. 

But, were they close to danger of bodily harm or death?  Yes, they were. 
That's why that woman was shot and killed that day. The mob had reached the last line of defense between elected officials and themselves.

She wasn't just talking about the mob, she directed her tweet, "you tried to have me killed" (paraphrase) straight at Ted Cruz. She went on a long rant on her Instagram account about her experience that day and she was over the top dramatic. She looked like she was making it up as she went along. And her tying that experience to a sexual assault.....no comment. 

She says a lot of things that should be considered inciting but no one really tries hard to call her on her [BLEEP] so she's going to keep whipping herself up into a frenzy and her followers are going to believe every single word she says and emotion she portrays.

(02-03-2021, 01:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote: David Berkowitz claimed to be following, not just the motivational words, but the specific orders of his neighbor's dog.  Is Trump as complicit as the dog was?

Yes. I do. If you storm the capital, you deserve to get shot. The police could've opened fire on the whole lot of them and I would've found it justifiable. The police were trying to do their jobs, while these deranged maniacs were slamming the cops heads in doors and hitting them with fire extinguishers. Personally, I thought they showed great restraint. They could've just fired at will on the criminals, but they didn't. Those insurrectionists got off easy.

Same way protesters need to be run over and body parts flung across the road.. Cause if you stop, you're in trouble.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 01:36 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-03-2021, 01:25 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 01:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes. I do. If you storm the capital, you deserve to get shot. The police could've opened fire on the whole lot of them and I would've found it justifiable. The police were trying to do their jobs, while these deranged maniacs were slamming the cops heads in doors and hitting them with fire extinguishers. Personally, I thought they showed great restraint. They could've just fired at will on the criminals, but they didn't. Those insurrectionists got off easy.

Same way protesters need to be run over and body parts flung across the road.. Cause if you stop, you're in trouble.

There is a huge difference between protesters and rioters. The people at the capital were rioters. The people who broke windows and set fires during the BLM marches were rioters as well. The people that merely marched along city streets and chanted while holding signs were legitimate protesters and I'm not referring to them. I'm talking about the people on the left and the right that got violent, looted, destroyed property and trespassed. They all deserved to be shot by law enforcement, no matter the color of their skin. They are all criminals.

(02-03-2021, 01:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 01:25 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Same way protesters need to be run over and body parts flung across the road.. Cause if you stop, you're in trouble.

There is a huge difference between protesters and rioters. The people at the capital were rioters. The people who broke windows and set fires during the BLM marches were rioters as well. The people that merely marched along city streets and chanted while holding signs were legitimate protesters and I'm not referring to them. I'm talking about the people on the left and the right that got violent, looted, destroyed property and trespassed. They all deserved to be shot by law enforcement, no matter the color of their skin. They are all criminals.

I see no difference at all.. If you endanger my life, prepare to have yours taken from you..

She certainly is trying to check all the boxes on this one isn’t she.
Bad cops - check
Angry White Male - check
Minority AND Female - check and check
Me Too - check
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-02-2021, 09:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Are you trying to tell me she thought she was welcome there?!?! LOL

a - Trump's complicity is difficult to pin down because of his self contradiction. He's not THE reason the siege occured, but he contributed. Comparison to Berkowitz is "apples to dumptrucks" 

b - If those officers were told not to give up their position, then shooting that woman was unfortunately the right action, because if they let her through, there were dozens more ready to come right behind her. 

c - That information had no bearing on the shooting (even though the FBI had reported credible threats days prior)
All those officers needed to know were their orders to hold that position - and the immediate situation in front of them dictated their response. Not the known or unknown intentions of militia groups.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 12:06 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-02-2021, 09:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You lot are obsessed with this person.

I just pulled this up wondering how in the heck could there be 37 pages on this topic.  I think you answered my question.

(02-03-2021, 12:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You lot are obsessed with this person.

I just pulled this up wondering how in the heck could there be 37 pages on this topic.  I think you answered my question.

Not so much obsessed as it is the chick never shuts up.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The obsession and rage she receives probably somewhat justifies the murdered comment.

(02-03-2021, 12:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Obsession is now calculated by page count. That's a new one.

(02-03-2021, 12:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 12:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I just pulled this up wondering how in the heck could there be 37 pages on this topic.  I think you answered my question.

Not so much obsessed as it is the chick never shuts up.

As a left-center Dem, I honestly don't pay attention to what AOC says and I really don't watch Fox, CNN, or MSNBC to care enough about the extremely biased opinions each network provides.

(02-03-2021, 01:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 12:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not so much obsessed as it is the chick never shuts up.

As a left-center Dem, I honestly don't pay attention to what AOC says and I really don't watch Fox, CNN, or MSNBC to care enough about the extremely biased opinions each network provides.

Thats thoughtful, well reasoned and hopelessly naive

(02-03-2021, 01:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote: David Berkowitz claimed to be following, not just the motivational words, but the specific orders of his neighbor's dog.  Is Trump as complicit as the dog was?

Ahhh, so much to say about every riot that happened in the last 2 years. Portland, Seattle, St. Louis... yet... no outrage from you.

Just be happy those that "stormed" the capitol did so with zero firearms... because then you'd have hundreds of dead cops and federal agents. For NOTHING.

(02-03-2021, 02:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 01:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes. I do. If you storm the capital, you deserve to get shot. The police could've opened fire on the whole lot of them and I would've found it justifiable. The police were trying to do their jobs, while these deranged maniacs were slamming the cops heads in doors and hitting them with fire extinguishers. Personally, I thought they showed great restraint. They could've just fired at will on the criminals, but they didn't. Those insurrectionists got off easy.

Ahhh, so much to say about every riot that happened in the last 2 years. Portland, Seattle, St. Louis... yet... no outrage from you.

Just be happy those that "stormed" the capitol did so with zero firearms... because then you'd have hundreds of dead cops and federal agents. For NOTHING.

Is the topic "every riot from the past two years?" 
No.  It's not. 
Why must we be compelled to compare these events?  People who break laws should be punished accordingly regardless of political affiliation - and who gives a [BLEEP] about the degree of "outrage" expressed? 
It's pointless.

BTW -
Some of the idiots that stormed the capitol were indeed armed. The "Oath Keepers" and "Three Percenters" are only two of the militia groups that had organized groups there making coordinated efforts to reach lawmakers that day -  and a few of them made the mistake of coming armed. Arrests have been made with more to follow as the investigation continues. 

One of the groups' communications from the day were recorded by an investigative journalist who turned the files over to the FBI. They clearly state intentions to trap and detain elected officials in the basement of the building and a few of them brag about being armed. 

It will be interesting to follow the criminal cases of those arrested to see how they are prosecuted.