Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Grade the draft after round 1

I like what Cleveland did. I give them an easy A-

I felt like maybe a QB, but they got a lot better over night.

I also like what the Titans did. They went and got a playmaker for Mariotta. He reminds me of Dez Bryant. But he played at Western Michigan so the level of talent may be in doubt but he should be a stud. He will give them more production than Kendall Wright did. Davis is a true number 1. I give them an A because they nabbed Jackson for defense too.

I also like what the Chargers. Once they get Mike Williams and Kennan Allen on the field together, Phillips Rivers is going to have a field day. I give them a solid B plus. I think there defense needs another CB.

The Colts woke up to Malik Hooker who slipped a little bit. That's an easy A-

The Bengals got a field stretcher in John Ross. I give that B plus.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How about the Bucs getting OJ Howard ? That's an A to me. That offense is gonna be loaded.

If the Bucs can get a RB then they will be stacked.

I'm meh on the Titans draft. They passed on Jamal Adams and OJ Howard twice.

There were significantly better DBs available to them and for a team that had "a lot of interest in trading" seeing them take Davis at 5 was strange. And now they don't pick again till the 3rd.

I feel like they should have walked away with a lot more than they did. And I'm glad they didnt

Quote:I'm meh on the Titans draft. They passed on Jamal Adams and OJ Howard twice.

There were significantly better DBs available to them and for a team that had "a lot of interest in trading" seeing them take Davis at 5 was strange. And now they don't pick again till the 3rd.

I feel like they should have walked away with a lot more than they did. And I'm glad they didnt
I agree with this. 

At some point I was afraid they'd be able to get a Lattimore or Jamal Adams at 5 and OJ Howard at 18. Would have been an incredible first round for them with a Lattimore/Adams and OJ Howard combo. 

Glad they didn't go that route.

This draft has had some shockers. Bears might be in trouble if their gamble does not work out. 

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Titans: C (had an A+ handed to them but didnt take it)

Titans screwed the pooch in my mind...

Corey Davis is nice and all but ADAMS was there...

Adoree Jackson when Howard, All of the OL, Foster are there...not to mention Conley and White still there if you really want a CB.

I would be more worried if they had gone Adams/Howard or Adams/White to fix their secondary.

Texans: B

Gave up a lot for Watson...I prefer his arm with our secondary but they had to get a QB.  If the arm strength concerns are legit he is going to struggle in the division.  Imagine if Titans had gone Adams/White....

Colts: B+

Love the player but in this division it causes concern.  Titans are power run with Henry...Jacksonville is shifting that way with Fournette...He doesn't want any part of those 2 coming at him.  He will strive though against weak QBs (Watson/Bortles)

Jags: B+

Much like the Texans, Jags needed an Identity in this draft and that's what they went after.  If Fournette lives up to the hype its a great pick but this pigeon holes the team into taking probably 2 OL in the next 3 rounds (2-4).

From a Jags point of view we took the only pick that made sense, the only thing better would have been a 49ers style trade so I'll give it an A.

Deshaun Watson threw 32 picks in 38 games in college. 

Texans have burned the barn for another mediocre QB with a weak arm who can't read defenses. 

I'll just do AFC South:

Houston- D. Mortgaged the future for a QB with poor decision making and questionable arm. By all accounts a hard worker and a good person, but I think he fits into the "great college player, mediocre NFL player" mold.

Indy- A. Got a steal with Hooker. Lucky them.

Jax - A. Generational RB? That's up to debate. Dam good RB? Absolutely. Changes the offense.

Ten- C+. They had their pick of WR and DB and took Corey Davis, who was their clear favorite. Took Adore Jackson who is exciting but not sure if he will end up being a CB1 in the NFL.

Quote:From a Jags point of view we took the only pick that made sense, the only thing better would have been a 49ers style trade so I'll give it an A.

Indys made sense (any quality D player would have)

Ten did too (I don't agree with who they took but had the right idea)

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 12:10 PM by The Tenth Doctor.)

Great:

Buffalo Bills

Cleveland Browns

Indianapolis Colts

San Francisco 49ers

Washington Redskins

Good:

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers

Dallas Cowboys

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New Orleans Saints

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Steelers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Okay:

Cincinnati Bengals

Houston Texans

Los Angeles Chargers

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Bad:

Tennessee Titans

Ugly:

Los Angeles Rams

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Incomplete:

Oakland Raiders

What are you even doing?

Kansas City Chiefs

Absent:

Seattle Seahawks

Quote:Great:

Buffalo Bills

Cleveland Browns

Indianapolis Colts

San Francisco 49ers

Washington Redskins

Good:

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers

Dallas Cowboys

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New Orleans Saints

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Steelers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Okay:

Cincinnati Bengals

Houston Texans

Los Angeles Chargers

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Bad:

Tennessee Titans

Ugly:

Los Angeles Rams

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Incomplete:

Oakland Raiders

What are you even doing?

Kansas City Chiefs

Absent:

Seattle Seahawks
Seattle turned their 1st round draft pick into five players.

Malik McDowell (35th), Michigan defensive back Delano Hill (95th), Colorado free safety Tedric Thompson (111th), Cincinnati defensive back Mike Tyson (187th) and Oklahoma State running back Chris Carson (249th).

http://cdn.espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seah...r-seahawks