Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tinhorn Honey Badger

I haven’t seen much from tinhorn camp so I went down the rabbit hole and came across a mic’d up video of the HB in camp. My impression is dang he’s small! His technique in this video is horrible. He likes to grab jersey like no other.

https://www.houstontexans.com/video/mic-...nn-mathieu
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wanted the Jags to sign him to play nickel, but we'd already overspent in FA when he became an option.

They need a guy like him in that secondary in Houston IMO.

(08-02-2018, 09:36 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I haven’t seen much from tinhorn camp so I went down the rabbit hole and came across a mic’d up video of the HB in camp. My impression is dang he’s small! His technique in this video is horrible. He likes to grab jersey like no other.

You're not going to see much of our camp..even the local media is basically locked out, has been that way since O'Brien got here and he gets stricter and stricter every year..one of the reasons why he moved the camp to another state.

Having said that, despite his size (and his technique isn't horrible, you wouldn't have a shot in hell at making it in this league at his size with horrible technique) he's a hell of a playmaker and has already taken a leadership role on this team. Great low risk/big reward FA signing.

(08-02-2018, 02:00 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 09:36 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I haven’t seen much from tinhorn camp so I went down the rabbit hole and came across a mic’d up video of the HB in camp. My impression is dang he’s small! His technique in this video is horrible. He likes to grab jersey like no other.

You're not going to see much of our camp..even the local media is basically locked out, has been that way since O'Brien got here and he gets stricter and stricter every year..one of the reasons why he moved the camp to another state.

Having said that, despite his size (and his technique isn't horrible, you wouldn't have a shot in hell at making it in this league at his size with horrible technique) he's a hell of a playmaker and has already taken a leadership role on this team. Great low risk/big reward FA signing.

Don’t doubt the ability that opened the door or his leadership capabilty, but I don’t remember him being so hands on and grabby. Is he covering for some declining ability? If he plays like he’s practicing, all those flags are going to cause some issues.

(08-02-2018, 02:35 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 02:00 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You're not going to see much of our camp..even the local media is basically locked out, has been that way since O'Brien got here and he gets stricter and stricter every year..one of the reasons why he moved the camp to another state.

Don’t doubt the ability that opened the door or his leadership capabilty, but I don’t remember him being so hands on and grabby. Is he covering for some declining ability? If he plays like he’s practicing, all those flags are going to cause some issues.

Lol Okay..I just went and watched the video and I literally don't have a clue of what you're talking about.  In the whole entire video, there's only ONE play at the 48 second mark that could be called..  EVERY SINGLE OTHER play is entirely clean. I mean you do realize a DB is allowed to touch a receiver as long as he doesn't effect the receiver's route or ability to catch the ball right?

So you found a video that had one play which could draw a possible flag in a game..a video of players practicing..  
Smile I'm sorry, but you're the one reaching with this one.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 03:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The Honey Badger is a really cool nickname but has anyone ever really seen how ugly a honey badger really is ?

[Image: %25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg]

(08-02-2018, 03:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The Honey Badger is a really cool nickname but has anyone ever really seen how ugly a honey badger really is ?

[Image: %25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg]

The nickname fit and stuck at LSU.. 

Those things are pound for pound, the most ferocious animal on the planet. Mean little bastards.

(08-02-2018, 03:20 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 02:35 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Don’t doubt the ability that opened the door or his leadership capabilty, but I don’t remember him being so hands on and grabby. Is he covering for some declining ability? If he plays like he’s practicing, all those flags are going to cause some issues.

Lol Okay..I just went and watched the video and I literally don't have a clue of what you're talking about.  In the whole entire video, there's only ONE play at the 48 second mark that could be called..  EVERY SINGLE OTHER play is entirely clean. I mean you do realize a DB is allowed to touch a receiver as long as he doesn't effect the receiver's route or ability to catch the ball right?

So you found a video that had one play which could draw a possible flag in a game..a video of players practicing..  
Okay, sorry, two of the three plays he was covering. Anyways, I don’t remember him leaning on and being all touchy with receivers previously. Honest, no bias observation. No need to get all butt hurt and defensive. ? It’s a practice observation, since obviously no games have been played.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 06:40 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-02-2018, 05:53 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 03:20 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol Okay..I just went and watched the video and I literally don't have a clue of what you're talking about.  In the whole entire video, there's only ONE play at the 48 second mark that could be called..  EVERY SINGLE OTHER play is entirely clean. I mean you do realize a DB is allowed to touch a receiver as long as he doesn't effect the receiver's route or ability to catch the ball right?

Okay, sorry, two of the three plays he was covering. Anyways, I don’t remember him leaning on and being all touchy with receivers previously. Honest, no bias observation. No need to get all butt hurt and defensive. ? It’s a practice observation, since obviously no games have been played.

What two of the three plays? What's the other play than the one I mentioned?

As far as having a hand on a receiver or touching them... all DBs do this..even Ramsey. It's normal league wide practice.

Ok, just went and looked it up.. in Mathieu's 5 seasons played he's only been called for a total of 3 defensive holding penalties and 5 pass interference calls.

2013.. 1 D.H. and 3 P.I.s (rookie year)
2014.. zero calls
2015.. 1 D.H. and 1 P.I.
2016.. 1 D.H. and 1 P.I.
2017.. zero calls

He just turned 26 a few months ago, so he's still plenty fast enough. I think He'll be fine.

Watch the first season of All Or Nothing with the Arizona Cardinals. There is a reason they call him the honey badger.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 02:22 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

Well check out the video Mathieu tweeted last night..

https://mobile.twitter.com/mathieu_era/s...50880?s=21

I think he'll be fine.

(08-16-2018, 10:41 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well check out the video Mathieu tweeted last night..

https://mobile.twitter.com/mathieu_era/s...50880?s=21

I think he'll be fine.

I don't ever want to have to worry about him in a game. Alas, I get to worry about him twice a year.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 02:22 PM by RicoTx.)

Holding...defense #32...5 yard penalty...automatic first down.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Can’t tell if he hooked and pulled him out of route or their feet got tangled.

(08-16-2018, 08:53 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Can’t tell if he hooked and pulled him out of route or their feet got tangled.

Either way, that was an atrocious read by Jimmy G. Looked like Mathieu was the intended target.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS