Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Queen of Soul has passed away.

Sad

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/16/aretha-fra...n-of-soul/
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dammit dammit dammit.

I hope you found peace lady.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The Queen of Soul and the King of Rock and Roll passed away on the same day...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Respect
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 04:15 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-16-2018, 12:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The Queen of Soul and the King of Rock and Roll passed away on the same day...

The influence these two had on music, the world over, is astounding. 

RIP Aretha.

Here genre of music isn't exactly my first choice, but she was one of the greatest.

RIP

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

She set the bar for soul singers very, very high.

I’m cringing at the thought of the tributes that may come from this, as there aren’t really any currently visible singers that could do justice to her talent and soulfulness.

(08-17-2018, 02:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: She set the bar for soul singers very, very high.

I’m cringing at the thought of the tributes that may come from this, as there aren’t really any currently visible singers that could do justice to her talent and soulfulness.

The amazing thing is how she made it look so effortless. She was a rare talent.

(08-17-2018, 02:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: She set the bar for soul singers very, very high.

I was thinking the same thing. The Tonight Show broadcast the day Aretha Franklin passed featured her music, without anyone singing the lyrics. As fitting a tribute as anyone trying to capture her incomparable voice. They ended the show with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-19-2018, 10:28 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. The Tonight Show broadcast the day Aretha Franklin passed featured her music, without anyone singing the lyrics. As fitting a tribute as anyone trying to capture her incomparable voice. They ended the show with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ

Amazing performance.

One thing that I will note.  At her age in this particular performance it was apparent that she never "lost" her voice like so many other singers do.  Again, her genre of music isn't really my preference, but I could still sit and watch/listen to it just about any time.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.