Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 training camp waiver wire

If you keep and eye on the waiver wire, if somebody catches your eye, and you think it will be positive for the Jaguars, post it here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I noticed that the Jaguars former 7th round pick, FB Marquez Williams, was just waived by the Browns. I know we don't need him, but this saddens me as I had high hopes for him as a player. 

What positions would you say the Jaguars are even looking for? Maybe OL depth? Only, you don't see too many good OLs being waived.
'02

(08-19-2018, 11:41 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I noticed that the Jaguars former 7th round pick, FB Marquez Williams, was just waived by the Browns. I know we don't need him, but this saddens me as I had high hopes for him as a player. 

What positions would you say the Jaguars are even looking for? Maybe OL depth? Only, you don't see too many good OLs being waived.

Definitely O-Line, particularly LT. We have very little if any depth there. Wells has looked awful so far.

(08-19-2018, 11:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 11:41 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I noticed that the Jaguars former 7th round pick, FB Marquez Williams, was just waived by the Browns. I know we don't need him, but this saddens me as I had high hopes for him as a player. 

Definitely O-Line, particularly LT. We have very little if any depth there. Wells has looked awful so far.

Tackle seems to be a problem league wide.  Pass protection seems awful in every preseason game I have seen this year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-19-2018, 11:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 11:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Definitely O-Line, particularly LT. We have very little if any depth there. Wells has looked awful so far.

Tackle seems to be a problem league wide.  Pass protection seems awful in every preseason game I have seen this year.

Julie'n Davenport (Houston's 2017 4th round small school project) has actaully done a hell of a job so far in pass protection. I haven't seen him give up any pressures or sacks yet this preseason. Those super long arms of his (36.5") are keeping pass rushers at bay and he's definitely improved his technique since last season. Hopefully he can keep it up and it carries over into the season, because if he solves the blindside protection that will be huge. We still need to get better at interior run blocking though.

As far as the Waiver wire goes though, hopefully a good back becomes available and maybe another corner. Possible swing tackle candidate is always worth looking at too until Martinas Rankin makes it back from foot surgery.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bengals release veteran safety George Iloka

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24417...orge-iloka

(08-19-2018, 11:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 11:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Definitely O-Line, particularly LT. We have very little if any depth there. Wells has looked awful so far.

OL play has been down league wide for awhile now. It all goes back to the way the College game is being played. It's hurting the development of OL guys at the next level.