Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael Cohen pleads guilty, say Trump directed him to commit the crimes

(08-26-2018, 04:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 11:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Forced compassion isn't compassion, it's compulsion.  I have a ton of compassion, the list would cripple your presumption of me, but the direction of my compassion should be my choice. Being forced give my time, energy and money to save others from the consequences of their choices isn't right. The forced part is the issue, if they choose to shoot up and sleep around then that's their choice and I'm ok with that choice, just get off the notion that I (or you, or we if that makes you feel better) should be their salvation when it goes wrong.
I get what you're saying and to a point I agree, but this is the world we live in and somewhere along the line some genius made it okay to spend taxpayer dollars on social issues and this is where we're at with it. Much like the government should stay out of the business of the opioid crisis (they should leave addiction issues between the patient and the doctor, not make everyone suffering with chronic pain suffer even more by withholding a drug they have no addictive issues with) they should stay out of a lot of things but they won't. Again thanks to some genius. 

My issue with you is you don't seem to understand that people don't always choose to be where they are. At least not knowingly. We are all one bad decision away from a life very different than the one we live now. And that bad decision is rarely as obvuous as a flashing sign that screams, "this is a bad choice!! Don't do it!"

But why do you think that your bad decision, knowing or unknowing, is my responsibility to pay for? It doesn't make me a nasty person to not drop a dollar in the panhandlers cup, why are you so angry at me about this very similar stance?

And you really think that there's a single person who shoots up that doesn't know what's gonna happen next? Same with cigarettes, cheeseburgers, whisky or anything else in the vice category, they are dangerous and you are taking a risk to use.

And just because something is some way that means we can't disagree with it and work to change It? Because that seems to be the antithesis of progess.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Cohen pleads guilty, say Trump directed him to commit the crimes - by flsprtsgod - 08-26-2018, 06:19 PM