Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Jax Landing

(08-26-2018, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 08:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He's from Baltimore and was a Ravens fan... That image of him with the Bills stuff was because he won a Madden 17 tourny hosted by them......

Link that hes a Ravens fan? I know hes from Baltimore but that doesnt automatically make him a Ravens fan.
Why the hell does it matter?? 
His gamer tag was "ravenschamp" at one point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 09:02 PM by Eric1.)

(08-26-2018, 08:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [BLEEP] Bill's fan.  Bills mafia tried to burn down the city and then this piece of trash.  I bet losing to us in the playoffs played a part in his madness as well

He's wasn't a bills fan. The photo with the bills gear is just from a bills sponsored madden tournament. 

If anything, he'd be a ravens fan. 

This crap has zero to do with what team one roots for.  Someone this mentally disturbed need not be projected to an NFL fanbase. That's not what this is about.

From what I gathered from the Pro Madden community, while I was bouncing around on twitch.tv... 

He (the shooter) lost a match to Trueboy a little earlier in the day and Trueboy was trash talking him during the game. Apparently True beat him pretty badly during the match and was letting him know all about it. Very typical of the gaming community and anything competitive in general.

Clearly there was something not right in the head with the shooter and this incident gave him enough to snap.

(08-26-2018, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 08:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He's from Baltimore and was a Ravens fan... That image of him with the Bills stuff was because he won a Madden 17 tourny hosted by them......

Link that hes a Ravens fan? I know hes from Baltimore but that doesnt automatically make him a Ravens fan.

This incident has nothing to do with what team somebody rooted for to begin with... Stop trying to push for something that isn't there.

(08-26-2018, 09:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 08:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's wasn't a bills fan. The photo with the bills gear is just from a bills sponsored madden tournament. 

If anything, he'd be a ravens fan. 

This crap has zero to do with what team one roots for.  Someone this mentally disturbed need not be projected to an NFL fanbase. That's not what this is about.

From what I gathered from the Pro Madden community, while I was bouncing around on twitch.tv... 

He (the shooter) lost a match to Trueboy a little earlier in the day and Trueboy was trash talking him during the game. Apparently True beat him pretty badly during the match and was letting him know all about it. Very typical of the gaming community and anything competitive in general.

Clearly there was something not right in the head with the shooter and this incident gave him enough to snap.

(08-26-2018, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Link that hes a Ravens fan? I know hes from Baltimore but that doesnt automatically make him a Ravens fan.

This incident has nothing to do with what team somebody rooted for to begin with... Stop trying to push for something that isn't there.

Not pushing for anything dummy.  I was curious if there was another motive

(08-26-2018, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [BLEEP] Bill's fan.  Bills mafia tried to burn down the city and then this piece of trash.  I bet losing to us in the playoffs played a part in his madness as well

(08-26-2018, 09:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 09:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: From what I gathered from the Pro Madden community, while I was bouncing around on twitch.tv... 

Right. Not pushing anything. First he was motivated by being a bills fan that lost to the jags, then you're scrambling for some other crap angle. 

You're an idiot just like most gator fans.

Now ^ do you see how stupid your prior statement was?  Team allegiance has zero to do with this.

(08-26-2018, 09:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 09:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: From what I gathered from the Pro Madden community, while I was bouncing around on twitch.tv... 

Yea, I'm the dummy  Laughing

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 09:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-26-2018, 09:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

(08-26-2018, 09:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not pushing for anything dummy.  I was curious if there was another motive
Right. Not pushing anything. First he was motivated by being a bills fan that lost to the jags, then you're scrambling for some other crap angle. 

You're an idiot just like most gator fans.

Now ^ do you see how stupid your prior statement was?  Team allegiance has zero to do with this.

Look in the mirror? What other angle do you speak of?

(08-26-2018, 09:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 09:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not pushing for anything dummy.  I was curious if there was another motive

Yea, I'm the dummy  Laughing

At least you admit it.  Maybe him losing in madden and the guy talking trash was the only motive other than him being messed up in the head but we might not ever know.  Prayers for the families

I remember seeing this last year and this was one of the victims and the guy that put the shooter out of the Tournament http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/jagua...n-17-video

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 10:32 PM by jaglyn.)

Sucks how these harmless events get ruined. Just a bunch of video game geeks having fun, not hurting anyone, buying food, drinks, staying at local hotels, generating revenue for the city and businesses, and them BOOM! Some nutjob flips out and starts shooting everyone cus he lost

Does anyone have a twitch link to the game between true and the shooter?

This seems like something that would have been planned ahead of the tournament. Seeing as he had to fly there I don't see how he got to his room with a handgun in his possession. I thought about pursuing competitive Madden and I love the game so this kind of gets to me. Competitive gamers can be ruthless with their toxic insults and trash talk. Whatever these victims said to the shooter it cut deep. Anyone that has played that much Madden has surely lost plenty of games before. I can't imagine losing over a $5k tournament would send someone on a suicide mission. Senseless loss of human life. The shooter looks like a psycho just looking at his demented photo. None of these players are from the Jacksonville area I don't think. Just in town for a tournament that was a prelude to the club championship for Madden 19.
No pain, no gain.

The two victims (SpotMePlzz and Trueboy) were two of the best players in the world. So crazy.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 04:25 AM by knarnn.)

(08-27-2018, 01:07 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: This seems like something that would have been planned ahead of the tournament. Seeing as he had to fly there I don't see how he got to his room with a handgun in his possession. I thought about pursuing competitive Madden and I love the game so this kind of gets to me. Competitive gamers can be ruthless with their toxic insults and trash talk. Whatever these victims said to the shooter it cut deep. Anyone that has played that much Madden has surely lost plenty of games before. I can't imagine losing over a $5k tournament would send someone on a suicide mission. Senseless loss of human life. The shooter looks like a psycho just looking at his demented photo. None of these players are from the Jacksonville area I don't think. Just in town for a tournament that was a prelude to the club championship for Madden 19.

I mean it’s possible he drove. It’s an 11 hour drive from Baltimore so plenty doable. Also it looks like he had went to his car to retrieve the gun prior to shooting. The piece of [BLEEP] couldn’t handle the trash talk and snapped, taking out innocent lives in the process. Whatever happened to the simple days of using your fists to squash a beef? I think everyone involved would’ve been ok if he just decided to off himself instead since gamer life was apparently too difficult for him.

Quote: He had used the names Bread, mrslicedbread, ravenschamp, and ravens2012 champ in the Madden competitions. Witnesses said that he got mad because he lost, got his gun out of his car, and started shooting, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hate to say it, but I knew it was just a matter of time before something like this happened in Jax. Just a sad statement of society in general.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 08:51 AM by B2hibry.)

Society has gone to [BLEEP]! The additional frustration of this is that this wasn’t a homegrown incident. Some crazy from out of state puts Jax in the national media spotlight. We don’t need help as we have our own [BLEEP] bags!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

"My mommy told me that I was special and would get a participation trophy!" Kids today can't handle losing.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(08-27-2018, 08:52 AM)temporaryname Wrote: "My mommy told me that I was special and would get a participation trophy!"  Kids today can't handle losing.

That's about the size of it. We raised a generation of kids that think they can always win and when they lose, it's a shock to them. Someone should have prepared these kids for life like their parents and teachers. You can't always be a winner and losing is part of life.
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(08-27-2018, 08:52 AM)temporaryname Wrote: "My mommy told me that I was special and would get a participation trophy!"  Kids today can't handle losing.

The problem is, if Millenials are soft, its because the Boomers made us that way. We didnt ask for participation trophies or helicopter parents, we get criticized by the previous generation for acting the way they allowed us to act and become. Are you mad at the fire for burning down your house? Or the arson who lit it?

That being said, this goes beyond a sense of "entitlement" People don't just go shooting people because they are upset they lost. This has all the signs of severe untreated mental illness. Its sad all the way around.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-27-2018, 07:14 AM)Rico Wrote: Hate to say it, but I knew it was just a matter of time before something like this happened in Jax.  Just a sad statement of society in general.

Yet neither the shooter nor the deceased were from Jacksonville.  

You nailed it.  It's a sad statement of society in general.  Not Jacksonville.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-27-2018, 11:54 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

The problem is, if Millenials are soft, its because the Boomers made us that way. We didnt ask for participation trophies or helicopter parents, we get criticized by the previous generation for acting the way they allowed us to act and become. Are you mad at the fire for burning down your house? Or the arson who lit it?

That being said, this goes beyond a sense of "entitlement" People don't just go shooting people because they are upset they lost. This has all the signs of severe untreated mental illness. Its sad all the way around.

I agree that it's most likely the result of severe, untreated mental illness.  Apparently there are court records in MD related to his parent's divorce indicating he had serious health issues.  Apparently they weren't significant enough to prevent him from traveling to Florida for a gaming contest.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

How did he get guns? Was he a registered owner?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.