Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OBJ gets a mega deal

XM talking about it now.

5 years, $95mil

$65MIL GUARANTEED
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...96338934=1
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I doubt he "earns" more than half the guaranteed money with his actual play. I foresee multiple meltdowns and injuries in his future.

(08-27-2018, 03:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I doubt he "earns" more than half the guaranteed money with his actual play.  I foresee multiple meltdowns and injuries in his future.

Especially when DBs are forced to go after his knees to avoid hits to the helmet.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 03:55 PM by Caldrac.)

A bit risky considering he's coming off of an injury. I still don't understand why teams insist on throwing so much money out there at these players. He's played in 47 games. In those 47 games the Giants were 21 - 26. And pretty soon he'll have a new signal caller throwing it his way with Eli getting closer to retirement and they may start leaning towards Barkley to be the face of the franchise.

Really don't understand this move at the moment. He may not be that double digit grabbing TD and 1300+ yards receiver anymore.

We'll find out soon enough what all the fuss is about in two weeks. Historically though he's never had a monster opening game for the year. Couple that with Ramsey covering him (Or Bouye, either way he'll certainly be working for his money) and it could set the little diva off into a downward spiral in 2018.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

These contracts are getting to the point where a team will only be able to have a couple stars and no one else. I don’t have any evidence to support it, but it feels like the contracts are outpacing the salary cap.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2018, 09:19 AM by B2hibry.)

Good. He will be nice and comfortable and ripe for the picking when we play them. I’m calling for an epic meltdown. I still don’t get the infatuation with this guy but go Giants and do your thing.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-27-2018, 03:56 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: These contracts are getting to the point where a team will only be able to have a couple stars and no one else. I don’t have any evidence to support it, but it feels like the contracts are outpacing the salary cap.

The guaranteed portion is larger. However, as a percentage of the total salary cap, OBJ's average annual salary is less than 11% of the total cap, in comparison to the average annual salary for Larry Fitzgerald's contract extension in 2011 and Calvin Johnson's in 2012, both of which were over 13% of the cap at the time.

(08-27-2018, 03:56 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: These contracts are getting to the point where a team will only be able to have a couple stars and no one else. I don’t have any evidence to support it, but it feels like the contracts are outpacing the salary cap.

That much more when the team has a Franchise QB.  

It definitely puts a great emphasis on the importance of drafting well consistently.

Stupid move by the Giants to cripple their salary cap all for a WR. Only franchise QB's should make that much.

Yikes. Giants got worked on that deal.

I mean, until he got hurt he was on an all time great pace. If someone was going to have to be paid as the highest WR in the game it might as well be him.

Some decisions are so obviously dumb from the outside looking in, even to us fans who aren't employed as "experts". This is one of them, so dumb.

(08-27-2018, 07:51 PM)Upper Wrote: I mean, until he got hurt he was on an all time great pace. If someone was going to have to be paid as the highest WR in the game it might as well be him.

Yeah but then he got hurt...

I won't fault a guy for getting hurt. Injuries happen.

But I would have wanted him to prove to me in a few games, not practice, thats he's back to 100%
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Can he play QB?