Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Metaprediction on the season.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018, 08:53 AM by SeldomRite.)

This is where we see what the rest of the NFL predicts for the Jaguars record indirectly by whether opponent ESPN writers think the team they cover wins vs the Jaguars.

Humorously enough the rest of the AFCS writers think their teams get swept by the Jaguars, so the prediction is for the Jaguars to go 6-0 in the AFCS.
The Eagles writer thinks they beat the Jaguars in London.
The Chiefs writer thinks they lose.
The steelers writer thinks they win.
Bills writer thinks they win, too.
Dolphins think they lose.
Pats thinks they lose.
Jets think they lose.
cowboys think they lose.
giants think they lose.
redskins think they lose.

So, essentially, the rest of the NFL sees the Jaguars this season as a 13-3 team.

I think the steelers writer is being rather unrealistic about winning at Jax, and the Eagles probably get a rude awakening in London, too, but I also think it's not likely the jaguars go 6-0 in the AFCS and probably drop one or two between the four games they play against the titans and texans. Clearly the Bills writer just needs to put down the pipe.

It's also an interesting exercise in that at this time of the year every writer is overestimating the team they cover. No writer in the AFCS thinks their team will have a losing record on the season, for example, even though they all think they drop two to the Jaguars.

I've said it many times, and it looks like the NFL essentially agrees with me that last year's team (and by extension this year's team, too) is much closer to a 13-14 win team than it is to a 7-8 win team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just cant believe the Bills writer seriously just expects to win. Pretty much every Bills fan I see, while they like to talk trash, don't seriously expect to win that game.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-02-2018, 09:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I just cant believe the Bills writer seriously just expects to win. Pretty much every Bills fan I see, while they like to talk trash, don't seriously expect to win that game.

Probably was written with no knowledge A. J. McCarron was going to be traded to the Oakland Raiders.

(09-02-2018, 09:42 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 09:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I just cant believe the Bills writer seriously just expects to win. Pretty much every Bills fan I see, while they like to talk trash, don't seriously expect to win that game.

Probably was written with no knowledge A. J. McCarron was going to be traded to the Oakland Raiders.

Dude even with McCarron they weren’t winning.

(09-02-2018, 09:42 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

Hahahaha because McCarron would have helped them?!

The Bills have the worst roster in the NFL. Allen is going to get absolutely abused in this game. Can’t wait.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let the bodies hit the floor.....
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]