Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blaine Gabbert in at QB for the Titans

(09-17-2018, 03:41 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 03:34 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: No offense; but beyond the fake punt, that was an ugly game and it seemed like neither team wanted to win there for awhile. 

At least it didn’t end in a tie like other certain games

I actually fully expected to lose.  We were literally down to practice squad players at the tackle position and a below average backup QB.  We had zero business winning that game.  I give all the credit to the coaching staff for manufacturing a win, albeit an ugly win.  And shame on O'Brien for letting it happen.  He should be ashamed of himself.

While I fully agree with the part in bold, I gotta take my hat off to your team and coaching staff.  They found a way to win and at the end of the day, the W is all that matters... especially in a divisional game.

As far as next Sunday though, your team has -10 business winning the game (it's got to be lower than zero).   Big Grin

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2018, 07:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 03:41 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I actually fully expected to lose.  We were literally down to practice squad players at the tackle position and a below average backup QB.  We had zero business winning that game.  I give all the credit to the coaching staff for manufacturing a win, albeit an ugly win.  And shame on O'Brien for letting it happen.  He should be ashamed of himself.

While I fully agree with the part in bold, I gotta take my hat off to your team and coaching staff.  They found a way to win and at the end of the day, the W is all that matters... especially in a divisional game.

As far as next Sunday though, your team has -10 business winning the game (it's got to be lower than zero).   Big Grin

No line until Vegas knows if Marcus is going to play or not haha.  I suspect Jags will be 5-6 point favorites.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

39.5 o/u points

Jags by 6.5.

(09-18-2018, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 39.5 o/u points

Jags by 6.5.
Sounds about right.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Jags by 6.5.

That over/under number seems a little low...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-18-2018, 06:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Jags by 6.5.

That over/under number seems a little low...

I mean, how much do you see the Tacks scoring? That's the real question.

Let's not get too cocky. Tennessee usually plays well against us. While the Patriots win made a statement to the rest of the league, this game will go a long way toward determining who wins the division.

(09-18-2018, 07:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 06:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That over/under number seems a little low...

I mean, how much do you see the Tacks scoring? That's the real question.

I would say that they could get perhaps 17 points maybe even a bit more.  I'm thinking one "lucky" touchdown and at least one field goal (could be two or more).  Then figure in another "garbage time" touchdown.

I fully expect that the Jaguars will win the game, but don't underestimate them putting points on the board.  A shutout would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

(09-18-2018, 08:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 07:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I mean, how much do you see the Tacks scoring? That's the real question.

I would say that they could get perhaps 17 points maybe even a bit more.  I'm thinking one "lucky" touchdown and at least one field goal (could be two or more).  Then figure in another "garbage time" touchdown.

I fully expect that the Jaguars will win the game, but don't underestimate them putting points on the board.  A shutout would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

Fair enough. I am going to keep an eye on the injury reports as we approach game day. The tacks were without LT Lewan (concussion),  RT Conklin (ACL recovery), and their backup T Kelly (hospitalized-virus) last week. If they happen to be out again and Jags win the turnover battle, big game for the D and tacks won't score more than 10.

(09-18-2018, 09:27 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 08:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I would say that they could get perhaps 17 points maybe even a bit more.  I'm thinking one "lucky" touchdown and at least one field goal (could be two or more).  Then figure in another "garbage time" touchdown.

Fair enough. I am going to keep an eye on the injury reports as we approach game day. The tacks were without LT Lewan (concussion),  RT Conklin (ACL recovery), and their backup T Kelly (hospitalized-virus) last week. If they happen to be out again and Jags win the turnover battle, big game for the D and tacks won't score more than 10.

Lewan and Kelly will almost certainly be back.  I think Conklin is out another week or two.

(09-18-2018, 09:51 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 09:27 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Fair enough. I am going to keep an eye on the injury reports as we approach game day. The tacks were without LT Lewan (concussion),  RT Conklin (ACL recovery), and their backup T Kelly (hospitalized-virus) last week. If they happen to be out again and Jags win the turnover battle, big game for the D and tacks won't score more than 10.

Lewan and Kelly will almost certainly be back.  I think Conklin is out another week or two.

Yeah I would expect Lewan back barring some NFL protocol nonsense. Thing with Kelly is got to wonder what type of virus it was to be hospitalized. Might require him to stay away from facilities. Any word on the virus?

(09-18-2018, 10:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 09:51 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Lewan and Kelly will almost certainly be back.  I think Conklin is out another week or two.

Yeah I would expect Lewan back barring some NFL protocol nonsense. Thing with Kelly is got to wonder what type of virus it was to be hospitalized. Might require him to stay away from facilities. Any word on the virus?

A rare form of Calaisitis.

(09-18-2018, 10:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 09:51 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Lewan and Kelly will almost certainly be back.  I think Conklin is out another week or two.

Nah some were saying he had flu like symptoms so maybe it was just that.

(09-19-2018, 06:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...17345?s=19

The old guitar string analogy...looks like gabbert's coming home
[Image: incredulous.gif]

The only nerve Mary need worry about he could fix with a stiff drink.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato