Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson done for the year (ACL) (merged)

Tough news. Hope he stays mentally strong in the next year. He is important to the franchise in the long run.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well... On the plus side having Norwell at LG helps this some. I hope he heals well.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 09:33 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-17-2018, 08:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Man that really sucks. Anyone out there on the street that we can sign for a backup?

Of the guys available, the best player I saw with NFL LT experience was William Beatty. He'd probably be a serviceable backup. Personally, I'd sign Timon Parris off of Washington's Practice Squad though or Storm Norton off the Cowboys Practice Squad.

Just roll with Wells and get Richardson some LT reps. we should be fine moving forward

(09-17-2018, 08:41 AM)rocdee Wrote: Just roll with Wells and get Richardson some LT reps. we should be fine moving forward
They still need someone else. They will sign another tackle so we are just speculating as to who it will be.

I think Linder could play any of the 5 positions on the line, and I remember Marrone even saying that in one of his interviews a couple of years ago. If something happens to Wells I'd put Lunder at LT and Shatley at c

reported on ESPN and NFL Network. Tough loss hopefully Wells keeps his play up.

The only positive is he will have more time to recover.

Next guy up, speedy recovery Cam, you will be missed.

I hope they sign someone quickly.

Luke Joeckel is available.

(09-17-2018, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Linder could play any of the 5 positions on the line, and I remember Marrone even saying that in one of his interviews a couple of years ago.  If something happens to Wells I'd put Lunder at LT and Shatley at c

So then you've got 2 spots on the line that are changed.  Not gonna happen.  They'll find a guy to serve as that swing tackle to replace Wells now that he's the starting LT.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 10:47 AM by NCJag.)

(09-17-2018, 10:30 AM)rocdee Wrote: Luke Joeckel is available.

Hilarious

You think Eugene Monroe is still in shape?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-17-2018, 10:30 AM)rocdee Wrote: Luke Joeckel is available.

I thought about him when I was watching Fisher play for Kansas City and think well they chose better.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

This is basically the worst case scenario for the o-line.

Wells looked fine yesterday, but he won’t hold up against better pass rushes that are keying on him.

I think we can get by with signing a LT/Swing Tackle and just having ASJ in tight with Wells to help offset the RE from time to time. Quick passes will help to. I actually think it plays more to our scheme.

(09-17-2018, 11:26 AM)rocdee Wrote: I think we can get by with signing a LT/Swing Tackle and just having ASJ in tight with Wells to help offset the RE from time to time. Quick passes will help to. I actually think it plays more to our scheme.
Losing your starting LT doesn't play into any scheme.

Do we have a 5th or 6th round draft pick? I'd look around the league and make a trade if possible. Boselli said this morning that Richardson is not moving. No way. He isn't a LT.

(09-17-2018, 10:44 AM)FBT Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Linder could play any of the 5 positions on the line, and I remember Marrone even saying that in one of his interviews a couple of years ago.  If something happens to Wells I'd put Lunder at LT and Shatley at c

So then you've got 2 spots on the line that are changed.  Not gonna happen.  They'll find a guy to serve as that swing tackle to replace Wells now that he's the starting LT.

If they think Linder can play LT that's what I would do.  Shatley has always looked good at center.

(09-17-2018, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 10:44 AM)FBT Wrote: So then you've got 2 spots on the line that are changed.  Not gonna happen.  They'll find a guy to serve as that swing tackle to replace Wells now that he's the starting LT.

If they think Linder can play LT that's what I would do.  Shatley has always looked good at center.
I'm not breaking up that interior. They're borderline dominant. Norwell Linder Cann have been awesome.