Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson done for the year (ACL) (merged)

Dangle a 3rd round pick out there and see if someone bites. This team is in win now mode and I don't feel comfortable with just wells out there.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2018, 03:49 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 03:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont want to move Linder to LT either but if there are no other options it might be better than the alternative.  But Wells is healthy so no reason to panic

Has Linder ever even played tackle?  I know he hasn't in the NFL.  So you think it's actually an option to move a guy to a new position and learn on the fly?

Marrone said in one of the press conference he felt Linder could play all 5 positions. If Wells went down it wouldn't shock me as I know they are more than comfortable with Shatley at C

I actually think having Linder at LT protecting Blake's blind spot would be better than Wells costing us a game because of a strip sack. Shatley looked great all preseason at Center.
No pain, no gain.

Didnt they try Bowanko at LT a couple years ago? Hes a FA

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 02:08 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I was just wondering if anyone in the Jacksonville area had heard any rumors about who might be brought in to be the backup LT, now that Wells is the starter. I haven't heard anything from the national media. Once Cam gets put on I.R., we'll have an open roster spot.

(09-18-2018, 02:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was just wondering if anyone in the Jacksonville area had heard any rumors about who might be brought in to be the backup LT, now that Wells is the starter. I haven't heard anything from the national media. Once Cam gets put on I.R., we'll have an open roster spot.

https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/10...03587?s=21

Marrone says the answers are in-house already:

Quote:"All those guys can all play out there at tackle and have played out there at times whether it be practice or a game or whether they've done it in college," Marrone said. "I feel real comfortable about where we are there. "... We're three-deep at every position in the line but what I wanted to do is just make sure everyone understands that we're not scouring [potential free agents or trades] thinking that we need to go out there and find some answers. We have the answers here in the building."

I'm not concerned by this. Cam has his moments of brilliance followed by gaffes. As long as someone can be steady even if never dominant I think we'll be okay.

(09-18-2018, 02:19 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm not concerned by this. Cam has his moments of brilliance followed by gaffes. As long as someone can be steady even if never dominant I think we'll be okay.

I see the logic here, but I think a Wells will be “steady” except when he’s just flat outmatched. 

The tinhorns, squealers, eagles, and cowboys all have pass rushers that are likely a bit too much for Wells to be “steady” against IMO.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 05:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-17-2018, 10:44 AM)FBT Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Linder could play any of the 5 positions on the line, and I remember Marrone even saying that in one of his interviews a couple of years ago.  If something happens to Wells I'd put Lunder at LT and Shatley at c

So then you've got 2 spots on the line that are changed.  Not gonna happen.  They'll find a guy to serve as that swing tackle to replace Wells now that he's the starting LT.

Looks like you were wrong.  Doug also mentioned Linder one of the guys that can play tackle if Wells went down exactly like I was saying.

https://www.jaguars.com/video/marrone-we...e-building

(09-18-2018, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 02:19 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm not concerned by this. Cam has his moments of brilliance followed by gaffes. As long as someone can be steady even if never dominant I think we'll be okay.

I see the logic here, but I think a Wells will be “steady” except when he’s just flat outmatched. 

The tinhorns, squealers, eagles, and cowboys all have pass rushers that are likely a bit too much for Wells to be “steady” against IMO.

Sucks that Cam went down but he was outmatched at times as well

(09-18-2018, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 02:19 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm not concerned by this. Cam has his moments of brilliance followed by gaffes. As long as someone can be steady even if never dominant I think we'll be okay. but LT 

Agreed. I still don't know who the backup LT is. Wells looked really good this past week, but the Pats were without their only real pass rusher. What do we do when Wells goes up against really good pass rushers and gets beaten like he did in the preseason? Hopefully, he doesn't, but history says he will. Marrone may say we are 3 deep at every position on the O-Line, but when I watched them in the preseason, I saw very thin LT depth behind Cam. Who do I believe, Marrone or my eyes? I'm concerned. This is our year. We need to do whatever it takes to win now. We have all the pieces, but LT is the cornerstone of the O-Line and that cornerstone has been replaced by something much less sturdy and if it disintegrates, I don't know what we're gonna replace it with.

(09-18-2018, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I see the logic here, but I think a Wells will be “steady” except when he’s just flat outmatched. 

Agreed. I still don't know who the backup LT is. Wells looked really good this past week, but the Pats were without their only real pass rusher. What do we do when Wells goes up against really good pass rushers and gets beaten like he did in the preseason? Hopefully, he doesn't, but history says he will. Marrone may say we are 3 deep at every position on the O-Line, but when I watched them in the preseason, I saw very thin LT depth behind Cam. Who do I believe, Marrone or my eyes? I'm concerned. This is our year. We need to do whatever it takes to win now. We have all the pieces, but LT is the cornerstone of the O-Line and that cornerstone has been replaced by something much less sturdy and if it disintegrates, I don't know what we're gonna replace it with.

Wells has always been better at LT than RT and it seems likes he's a guy that thrives on game planning and tape study moreso than his raw talent. Beyond that, let's hope he stays healthy .

Didn’t the eagles lose their LT last year and win the chip? It can be done

(09-18-2018, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I see the logic here, but I think a Wells will be “steady” except when he’s just flat outmatched. 

You do know that more people tend to read things that are spaced out right?

Drop a sentence, or two (or three) down with the enter button and it makes it better for everybody involved.

Agreed. I still don't know who the backup LT is. Wells looked really good this past week, but the Pats were without their only real pass rusher. What do we do when Wells goes up against really good pass rushers and gets beaten like he did in the ...
We have all the pieces, but LT is the cornerstone of the O-Line and that cornerstone has been replaced by something much less sturdy and if it disintegrates, I don't know what we're gonna replace it with.
Jags have signed Michael Dunn to their PS. 

Played (mostly) LT at Maryland.

Lageman seems to think it would be Wells then Josh Walker at LT. 

He said Walker was really good at LT in the 4th preseason game and that performance earned him his roster spot.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 12:25 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-19-2018, 12:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Lageman seems to think it would be Wells then Josh Walker at LT. 

He said Walker was really good at LT in the 4th preseason game and that performance earned him his roster spot.

Oh God, that's not what I wanted to hear! Walker was a turnstile in the preseason.

(09-19-2018, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 06:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. I still don't know who the backup LT is. Wells looked really good this past week, but the Pats were without their only real pass rusher. What do we do when Wells goes up against really good pass rushers and gets beaten like he did in the ...
We have all the pieces, but LT is the cornerstone of the O-Line and that cornerstone has been replaced by something much less sturdy and if it disintegrates, I don't know what we're gonna replace it with.
Jags have signed Michael Dunn to their PS. 

Who got moved off the PS to make room for him?

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 01:16 PM by Kane.)

(09-19-2018, 12:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 12:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Lageman seems to think it would be Wells then Josh Walker at LT. 

Oh God, that's not what I wanted to hear! Walker was a turnstile in the preseason.

(09-19-2018, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags have signed Michael Dunn to their PS. 

Wilds
I dont think they ever replaced him.
Greene was cut for Wilds but doesn't have PS eligibility.
Resigned Greene from the street after Robinson went to IR
They decided to keep Wilds and Greene, so they added a new body to the PS

(09-19-2018, 01:15 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 12:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Oh God, that's not what I wanted to hear! Walker was a turnstile in the preseason.

Wilds
I dont think they ever replaced him.
Greene was cut for Wilds but doesn't have PS eligibility.
Resigned Greene from the street after Robinson went to IR
They decided to keep Wilds and Greene, so they added a new body to the PS

I forgot about Wilds being called up. My bad.

(09-21-2018, 12:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/ScottHanson/status/1...52288?s=19

^ AWESOME!!

Think that just a few short years ago the Jags had probably rhe worst O-line in the league. 

Dave's done a terrific job there. There's been a BUNCH of turnover in players along the line since he's been here. He kept plugging away, and it's really starting to work. 

Joeckel 
Wiz 
Beadles 
Cann 
Bowanko 
Paztor 
Linder 
Beachum 
Parnell 
Robinson
Norwell 

and I'm sure that I'm forgetting 2 or 3 guys at least.

Bortles is a big part of that "no-sack equation" too considering his ability to evade/create with his legs. Although,, he still did get hit alot the first couple seasons, so idk.