Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I hate the decision to punt

(09-23-2018, 06:47 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 05:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, they went farther than everyone but 2 other teams last year. I'd swear you were a jilted Buffalonian the way Marrone makes you empty that sphincter you call a mouth.

Hated it as well.

My shocked face.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2018, 07:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 06:52 PM)YourFather Wrote: Thanks to the 165 million dollar defense.

Ken Whisenhunt once made it to the Superbowl with 3 HoF in his roster too. He was a good coach too, huh?

Lol, whatever you need to make you feel better. The basic evidence of last season (and the start of this one) calls bull [BLEEP] on your assertion.

Great analysis. Please do ellaborate.

(09-23-2018, 07:07 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, whatever you need to make you feel better. The basic evidence of last season (and the start of this one) calls bull [BLEEP] on your assertion.

Great analysis. Please do ellaborate.

I'm not the one in here making patently false declarations, and the more you elaborate the more clearly we see that you're just talking out of your [BLEEP] there BillsMafiaPappy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I disagree.  It was the right call to punt.

The hope was to make a 3 and out stop and to get the ball back with good field position.  The defense was too gassed form the offense not being able to stay on the field.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-23-2018, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I disagree.  It was the right call to punt.

The hope was to make a 3 and out stop and to get the ball back with good field position.  The defense was too gassed form the offense not being able to stay on the field.

The right decison was to go for it. you had a better chance to make it then to stop them. if you did not make it, you still had to have a 3 and out and use your time outs, and they kick a fg. you get the ball back with 2 mins and need a td. They have plays designed to run a 2 mins offense not plays to run a 19 second offense. ill take the odds on make 3 yards over not getting the ball back anyday.

I dont think we should have punted either, but overall, it just shows how little confidence the coaching staff has in our Offense. We are elite on one side of the field and about average (at best) on Offense. Thats not enough to win it all, but its also too early to say.

(09-23-2018, 04:49 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: TC can take this team to the SB we need a change

Yeah 1 loss... fire him

(09-23-2018, 04:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: While I understand the logic, it felt like we gave up at that point.

All that needs to be said.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-23-2018, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:07 PM)YourFather Wrote: Great analysis. Please do ellaborate.

I'm not the one in here making patently false declarations, and the more you elaborate the more clearly we see that you're just talking out of your [BLEEP] there BillsMafiaPappy.

I made pretty accurate statements about Marrone. Not my fault that you think his a good coach. Hit me up next year when he gets fired.

(09-23-2018, 08:38 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not the one in here making patently false declarations, and the more you elaborate the more clearly we see that you're just talking out of your [BLEEP] there BillsMafiaPappy.

I made pretty accurate statements about Marrone. Not my fault that you think his a good coach. Hit me up next year when he gets fired.

Lol, you're trying so hard. Laughable.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 10:44 PM by rpr52121.)

(09-23-2018, 05:03 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: While I understand the logic, it felt like we gave up at that point.

Agree, he was too aggressive early with the fake punt and then went full conservative later. The punting lost us this game.

This. The fake punt had too many yards to gain to try a fake, if you want run a real play there. There were too a few drives at end of 1st quarter, where a simple run would have gotten at least 1 first down. I'm not sure if Blake killed the plays or that was the original call, but that is what poor execution.

Then I thought they should have gone for it on the first drive of the 3rd quarter. Titans had just gotten a FG, and really needed a real answer there. 

To be honest. It felt like the defense was really conservative as well once Mariota came into the game. Actually wasn't this a script of a game a few years ago, Jags looked great, knocked out starting QB and then lost to the back up who was actually better than the starter?

(09-23-2018, 09:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 08:38 PM)YourFather Wrote: I made pretty accurate statements about Marrone. Not my fault that you think his a good coach. Hit me up next year when he gets fired.

Lol, you're trying so hard. Laughable.

Willing to bet he either gets fired by the end of this season or early next season?

Just curious, are there Jaguar trolls on other teams' messageboards? If there are, I apologize on our behalf. But dang, you really get anything out of arguing with other fans? I know it's just the internet and all... but wow

(09-23-2018, 04:32 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: I couldn't believe when I saw Bortles trotting off the field on 4th down, I waited til I actually saw them punt the ball and turned off my TV. Anyone knows the defense wasn't going to stop them at that point because of how long they had been on the field and how freaking gassed they were. Absolutely ridiculous.

Me either and I also turned off as I knew that was the game even with all that time left.

(09-23-2018, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I disagree.  It was the right call to punt.

When the defense has been on the field for over 8 minutes on the previous drive and the offense has been out there for like 3 then it's a dumb move to punt with a view to flipping the field. The D was gassed and they were never going to get the stop required.

We should have gone for it because we go for it and don't make it we lose, well we lost anyway and that would have least had a feeling that we wanted to win.

On to the Jets, but we have to be better next wek.

(09-24-2018, 07:56 AM)UKJag Wrote:

When the defense has been on the field for over 8 minutes on the previous drive and the offense has been out there for like 3 then it's a dumb move to punt with a view to flipping the field. The D was gassed and they were never going to get the stop required.

We should have gone for it because we go for it and don't make it we lose, well we lost anyway and that would have least had a feeling that we wanted to win.

On to the Jets, but we have to be better next wek.

Ultimately that is what it felt like. I know they are professionals and they were trying. But when Blake walked off you couldn't help but get the feeling that we had called it quits on our offense and didn't feel comfortable asking them to pick up 3 yards let alone a score to take the lead.

(09-24-2018, 12:06 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Just curious, are there Jaguar trolls on other teams' messageboards? If there are, I apologize on our behalf. But dang, you really get anything out of arguing with other fans? I know it's just the internet and all... but wow

Hopefully if they are then they are a better quality of troll than this guy. His takes are just absurd; trolling requires the ability to twist the truth enough to create doubt, not just make stupid claims that aren't realistic.

(09-24-2018, 10:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 12:06 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Just curious, are there Jaguar trolls on other teams' messageboards? If there are, I apologize on our behalf. But dang, you really get anything out of arguing with other fans? I know it's just the internet and all... but wow

Hopefully if they are then they are a better quality of troll than this guy. His takes are just absurd; trolling requires the ability to twist the truth enough to create doubt, not just make stupid claims that aren't realistic.

He is probably one of those guys who finds his own jokes a lot more entertaining than the people around him. the broom is slightly funny at times and their are a few tack fans who aren't bad that we have around. Taking subtle shots and jabs is one thing, But yeah, the one you are talking about is lame as [BLEEP]. It gets to a point in almost every thread he is in where people either stop responding to his dumb [BLEEP] or he ends up killing the thread. Like the point of a troll is to provoke people, not get ignored by almost everyone lol.

I hated that decision as well. Not nearly as much as I hated that awful trick play attempt with Grant in the first half on 4th and 3 though. That was a horrible call. Should have punted it then instead and played defense with them being pinned back inside the 20.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We should've went for it on 4th and 5 earlier in the game. Instead of going for the field goal. Fortune favors the bold. Of course a lack of holding penalty there would've helped us a lot too.

(09-23-2018, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Our talent will continue to win in spite of our inept coaching staff, but don't count on winning the big one with these has beens and never will be's.

lulz

this fan base is ridiculous.

I agree that the fake punt and the actual punt (at the end of game) were bad calls.
Outside of that... not sure how you can clearly blame coaching (outside of maybe questionable play calls)