Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Feleipe Franks

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 03:24 AM by Black and Teal.)

I’m trying to get this thread in before he plays Mississippi State and his stats go down. I’m a Gator fan, so this thread might only be food for thought for those who have a taste for reptile. But does anyone think he could turn into an NFL prospect? By the end of his senior year, he will have been a 4 year starter with tons of tape. Not only will he have the experience, but NFL size: 6’6” 230. He’s a mobile guy with a HUGE arm. 

I know, I know, he has to put it all together. He’s definitely a work in progress. But his first year starting he had a TD:INT ratio of 9 to 8. This year through 4 games he’s managed a 12 to 2 ratio. 

I just think it’s something to keep an eye out for going forward

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2018, 03:23 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’m trying to get this thread in before he plays Mississippi State and his stats go down. I’m a Gator fan, so this thread might only be food for thought for those who have a taste for reptile. But does anyone think he could turn into an NFL prospect? By the end of his senior year, he will have been a 4 year starter with tons of tape. Not only will he have the experience, but NFL size: 6’6” 230. He’s a mobile guy with a HUGE arm. 

I know, I know, he has to put it all together. He’s definitely a work in progress. But his first year starting he had a TD:INT ratio of 9 to 8. This year through 4 games he’s managed a 12 to 2 ratio. 

I just think it’s something to keep an eye out for going forward

I’m not seeing a pro QB in Franks. 54% completion rate and averaging 185 yards a game passing so far this season. 5 of his TDs came against Charlie Southern, so his TD-INT ratio is a little inflated. He also has alarmingly bad vision and awareness and there’s been whispers of poor attitude in practice. Unless there’s some drastic changes between now and when he leaves, I could easily see him going undrafted.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

4 year starter?
No he won't.
After this year the starting job will be Kelly's or Trask's imo.

He has the physical tools and is lacking in between the ears I think.

The kid has been steadily improving and has established himself as a leader on the team.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(10-07-2018, 05:41 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: The kid has been steadily improving and has established himself as a leader on the team.
I guess...
I see Blake Bortles in the kid. Makes a throw and has a day and you're like, man this kid is special.

Then he makes a throw or decision that makes ya go huh?

Good thing for Franks he's got quite a bit of college left in him.

Sorry but no. He is barely a college quarterback in my opinion.

Franks is similar to Bortles in that even when he does something successful it still looks like it took so much more effort/difficulty than other natural QBs. They both struggle so much with the basics. Also, they probably both would have made better tight ends than QBs if they started on that path right away.

i don't like Franks at all. The only QB's I would consider this year are Justin Herbert, Drew Lock and a guy I've recently started to like a lot, Dwayne Haskins. Herbert will likely be the #1 pick. Lock is likely a top 10 pick and Haskins is climbing draft boards very quickly. If he declares, this kid could go ahead of Lock. All of them have really good arms. Lock has the strongest arm, but Herbert has better vision and Haskins is the most athletic. After these 3, the talent falls off with Will Grier, Ryan Finley and Daniel Jones.

(10-18-2018, 01:15 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: i don't like Franks at all. The only QB's I would consider this year are Justin Herbert, Drew Lock and a guy I've recently started to like a lot, Dwayne Haskins. Herbert will likely be the #1 pick. Lock is likely a top 10 pick and Haskins is climbing draft boards very quickly. If he declares, this kid could go ahead of Lock. All of them have really good arms. Lock has the strongest arm, but Herbert has better vision and Haskins is the most athletic. After these 3, the talent falls off with Will Grier, Ryan Finley and Daniel Jones.

Haskins seemingly came out of nowhere. 
I'm interested to see how OSU does the rest of the way.

Lock and Grier have simmered a bit since the start of the season. But I still think they have the tools to be a good QB. Especially if you snag em later in the round 1 or in round 2.

Herbert gonna be long gone by the time we select, unless we tank.

(10-18-2018, 10:55 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 01:15 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: i don't like Franks at all. The only QB's I would consider this year are Justin Herbert, Drew Lock and a guy I've recently started to like a lot, Dwayne Haskins. Herbert will likely be the #1 pick. Lock is likely a top 10 pick and Haskins is climbing draft boards very quickly. If he declares, this kid could go ahead of Lock. All of them have really good arms. Lock has the strongest arm, but Herbert has better vision and Haskins is the most athletic. After these 3, the talent falls off with Will Grier, Ryan Finley and Daniel Jones.

Haskins seemingly came out of nowhere. 
I'm interested to see how OSU does the rest of the way.

Lock and Grier have simmered a bit since the start of the season. But I still think they have the tools to be a good QB. Especially if you snag em later in the round 1 or in round 2.

Herbert gonna be long gone by the time we select, unless we tank.

I totally agree. Since Urban Meyer arrived at OSU, he has tended to showcase the athletic abilities of their QB's, rather than showing off their arms. This year is different. Haskins shows the abilities to make reads, while showing off his arm strength and accuracy as well. With Haskins, they must know they have something special, because they are letting this kid sling it around and he is really impressing. I personally was not expecting this, but I've been pleasantly surprised. His running ability is there, but it has taken a huge backseat to showcasing his ability to move the ball through the air and every week, I am seeing improvement. I believe before it's over, he could very well be, the 2nd QB off the board. Haskins hasn't outright stated his intentions, but via twitter, he has hinted at entering the draft. As you said, Herbert should be a lock for the first spot. He should be a Giant, unless someone trades up ahead of New York to get him. He has all the tools to be a very good NFL QB.