Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Frank Reich on failed 4th down: 'I'm not playing to tie'

Frank Reich on failed 4th down: 'I'm not playing to tie'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ing-to-tie

Why did Colts coach Frank Reich opt to go for it on fourth down from his own 43-yard line with 34 seconds to go in overtime? Reich explained his decision after the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Vrabel wannabe. Vrabel scrapped the field goal for the walk off touchdown. Vrabel has the tacks so hard these days.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 12:21 PM by jagherd.)

(09-30-2018, 10:53 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Vrabel wannabe. Vrabel scrapped the field goal for the walk off touchdown. Vrabel has the tacks so hard these days.

Vrabel was one of my absolute favorite players in his time (with both NE and at Ohio State; he was still okay in his late career stint with KC too). 

He was very intelligent, versatile, and tough. 

I gotta admit, his attributes as a player sure have seemed to rub off on his team as a Coach. Idk how good he is overall with the X's & O's, but his team sure is tough. 

Whoever it was that said he was gonna be terrible seems to have missed the boat on that assessment.

Side note: All the coaches off of the Belichek "Patriot Coaching Tree" have been a big bust as a HC. Maybe Vrabel has shown how someone from that tree can be successful. He was actually a PLAYER for them who was highly involved in defensive planning and even involved with the offense quite often.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 04:43 PM by jagherd.)

To the OP::

It was absolutely the right decision with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Punting the ball there would be just accepting a TIE. To heck with that!! You play to win the game.

Now, the play called and the execution,, yeah that was questionable.

But they absolutely had to go for it on 4th down.

Marrone would've been crucified on here if he decided to punt the ball in a tie game with basically no time left.

(10-01-2018, 04:41 PM)jagherd Wrote: To the OP::

It was absolutely the right decision with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Punting the ball there would be just accepting a TIE. To heck with that!! You play to win the game.

Now, the play called and the execution,, yeah that was questionable.

But they absolutely had to go for it on 4th down.

Marrone would've been crucified on here if he decided to punt the ball in a tie game with basically no time left.

I agree. When vrabel pulled the game tying field goal crew off the field to go for the win, i was all about it. Some games end in a tie. But if you got a chance to win it, go for it. Colts just didnt execute. But i applaud em for going for it
[Image: incredulous.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!