Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Marrone rejects 2-point criticism: 'I respect the game'

Marrone rejects 2-point criticism: 'I respect the game'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...t-the-game

Doug Marrone explained that "the chart said go for two" after a late TD, but that hasn't stopped the speculation that he was running up the score on the Jets. Marrone took exception to the fallout.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"Yea I mean I just work here..."
No pain, no gain.

I heard Marrone was betting on the game and trying to win his bet. He had 3 slabs of bologna riding on that 2 pt conversion.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Running up the score by potentially scoring one more point than kicking it? How offensive

(10-01-2018, 10:02 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Running up the score by potentially scoring one more point than kicking it? How offensive

They are probably referring to the touchdown which preempted the PAT attempt.  He had the option of kneeling and ending the game at 25-12.  

I like the aggressiveness to get the last score when you have possession of the ball at the end of the game.  Going for 2 afterwards with 25 seconds left, up 31-12, however, I don't know about.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I don't give a rats [BLEEP] if he was running up the score, screw the Jets and screw everyone else in the league. DUUUVAL

(10-02-2018, 04:45 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 10:02 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Running up the score by potentially scoring one more point than kicking it? How offensive

They are probably referring to the touchdown which preempted the PAT attempt.  He had the option of kneeling and ending the game at 25-12.  

I like the aggressiveness to get the last score when you have possession of the ball at the end of the game.  Going for 2 afterwards with 25 seconds left, up 31-12, however, I don't know about.

He didnt have the option of kneeling it. There were 20 something seconds left and it was 4th down. Would have been a turnover on downs to the jets. If you wanna blame anyone blame Jamal Adams. If he dismt body slams Westbrook the clock wouldn't have stopped at 2:10 on westbrook's first down and then the jags could have knelt three times after the 2 minute earned to end the game.

Some would say kicking an "automatic" extra point would be running up the score. At least going for 2 is less percentage of getting extra points
[Image: incredulous.gif]