Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL Team Will Win Their Monday Night Game In Glendale, Arizona?
Arizona Cardinals (2-3))
New York Jets (1-4)
[Show Results]

***Official New York Jets @ Cardinals Monday Night Football Game Thread***

Quote: The Lions play the 4-2 Redskins this coming Sunday.   The truth of the matter the Redskins,  Cardinals,  and many other teams in the NFC are obstacles from my perspective. 

The NFL is a fun league to watch for sure.   :thumbsup:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Absolutely.  Cardinals vs.Jets should be a pretty good game.  I know D6 wants the Cardinals to lose, but I'm the other way around.  I would love to see a Cardinals win (for my football pool pick) as well as see David Johnson and the Cardinals defense put up big numbers (for my fantasy football team).

I'll pretty much watch any football game given the chance... an NFL game is just a "bonus".

Unfortunately, Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football and Sunday Night Football comes on too late for me.  I have to go to bed early because of my working hours.

Regardless of the outcome of the game,   I hope you win your FF matchup.  

For what it's worth,  I picked the Cardinals to win the game but for the score to be within a TD or less.   If it turns out to be a good game,   that in itself would be a bonus.  

One benefit with week # 1 is the early MNF game for people like you that don't have the opportunity to watch the entire night game normally.    The London games on Sunday Mornings are also a good opportunity for people that can't watch the entire night games.   

Quote:The NFL is a fun league to watch for sure.   :thumbsup:

Absolutely. 

Why there are things associated with NFL games each of us probably could do without,   the games can offer so many different things,  for so many different people.   Including,  FF,  NFL Survivor,  weekly picks contests,   and playoff race interest.    Not to mention an opportunity to look at potential UFAs for the following season and in some cases a chance to watch a team that one's favorite team will be playing soon.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 07:36 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

The MNF double header in Week 1 gives two teams a game that kicks off at night local time in September.

Count me out as a fan of London games kicking off early. I am a night owl and and hate mornings.

7-0 Cardinals

Quote:The MNF double header in Week 1 gives two teams a game that kicks off at night local time in September.

Count me out as a fan of London games kicking off early. I am a night owl and and hate mornings.
It's not early in London! Do you even know what time zones are? 8:30 a.m. Central time is 2:30 p.m. In London. So it's not early at all.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

14-3 at halftime

Not a lot of offense.

The NFL is in deep crap if they keep putting these types of games in prime time.

Quote:The NFL is in deep crap if they keep putting these types of games in prime time.
Snoozefest city…. 

Gruden loving Smith, then Geno shows no awareness.

Gruden, has he ever seen a QB he didn't like?

Quote:The NFL is in deep crap if they keep putting these types of games in prime time.

This would have been a good game last year.

Quote:Gruden loving Smith, then Geno shows no awareness.

Gruden, has he ever seen a QB he didn't like?

Gruden jinxed Smith.

jagibelieve,  I hope that David Johnson's stellar performance pays off for you in a FF victory!

As for the game,  the Cardinals looked like the team I predicted that would win the Super Bowl this season.   They certainly didn't perform close to this level earlier in the season.   The Jets have major issues at QB,  on their Offensive Line,  and in their Secondary.   

This was a difficult game to stay focused with because of all of the penalties.  Many of the penalties were at best borderline calls. 

Who was the referee last night?

Quote:Who was the referee last night?

Jerome Boger.

Quote:Jerome Boger.

One of the better referees IMO. I had to put up with Clete Blakeman and Brad Allen on Sunday.

Quote:One of the better referees IMO. I had to put up with Clete Blakeman and Brad Allen on Sunday.

Brad Allen was the referee in the Lions game against Tennessee in week # 2 in which 29 ACCEPTED penalties resulted.   Jerome Boger and his crew last night looked like they were trying to play the game, '  Can you Top This'.  

Quote: Brad Allen was the referee in the Lions game against Tennessee in week # 2 in which 29 ACCEPTED penalties resulted. Jerome Boger and his crew last night looked like they were trying to play the game, ' Can you Top This'.
All 3 are horrible. Boger and cleteman are easily the worst in the NFL.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Brad Allen was the referee in the Lions game against Tennessee in week # 2 in which 29 ACCEPTED penalties resulted.  Jerome Boger and his crew last night looked like they were trying to play the game, ' Can you Top This'.  

That game had to set a record for penalties. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if none of them were declined?

Quote:All 3 are horrible. Boger and cleteman are easily the worst in the NFL.

Through this point of the season,   Jerome Boger's crew has called more penalties from an average per game standpoint than any of the other officiating crews.